“Always a grand time here”

The Magnificent Fish & Chips Bar
Ranked #133 of 4,132 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bogota, Colombia
“Always a grand time here”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I used to go here quite a couple of times when I used to live in KL last year. I always had the fish and chips with Cod fish and it has always been fantastic! Quite a big portion but well worth the price. We would also order the oysters to share with my family and it was simply delicious. If you have room for dessert then I suggest to order the bread and butter pudding, you won't regret it.

Staff here is extremely nice and friendly here and the service is great! Might come off a bit pricey but I never found KL to be cheap anyways. I will definitely come back here when I visit KL sometime.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JulM90

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“The best fish and chips outside of the UK”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Have the fish and chips made with Cod fish, you have a few choices of fish, but the cod is tender, sweet and cooked in a light delicious batter. We needed some comfort food after a day of traveling and this dinner was perfect. They even have the malt vinegar! Love sitting outside and and people watching while we eat. The only downside is I think that the beer is over priced, don't think they should over charge to have a few pints.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank gigigolf
Lancashire
“Yummy Fish & Chips and Sunday Roast”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I had our Sunday lunch here the other week, he had Roast Lamb with all the trimmings (apart from the mint sauce??) which he said was very good, I had fish & chips which I have to say was delicious, it was so meaty and tasty, very very fresh.
This place is certainly worth a visit..

• Visited February 2014
Paphos, Cyprus
“Good food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Although I love Malaysian food it's good sometimes to go back to basics. Great fish and chips ( we had cod ) and plenty of it. Didn't really like the "mushy peas " not the real thing .... More smashed frozen with a slightly strange taste. Fast efficient service. Great drink selection and a fun atmosphere. People watching at it's best!

• Visited February 2014
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“What Happened?!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My recent visit to Magnificent last weekend for breakfast was rather blah! The service is good as usual, the staff are very attentive and all but what's up with the quality of the food here? My big breakfast was bland and scrambled eggs were mushy. The freshly squeezed orange juice was watered down, last time I was there, this wasn't the case. I know they have their regular sets of customers hanging out here partly due to the attentive, friendly staff and beers but c'mon let's get your act together with the food, please have some quality measure from time-to-time.

Sorry, I won't be going there anytime soon nor will recommend my friends too for now... I do hope the owner can improve on their quality of food.

• Visited January 2014