“Refined Japanese dining at a price”
Review of Fukuya

Fukuya
Ranked #866 of 4,128 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Refined Japanese dining at a price”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Ideal for celebrations n special occasions. Romantic in the evenings. House and seasonal specialities will cost u but the taste is well worth it. Even simple onigiri (triangular Japanese rice balls) are deftly prepared here. Hot pot is another memorable treat.

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur
“Great Japanese food without breaking the wallet!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife decided to bring me to Fukuya knowing that I love Japanese food and I'm so glad she did. I had the Full Course Sushi Lunch Menu which is so worth it! It's on the high end of the price for lunch, however you can't compare with the quality and the freshness of the sushi as well as the amount of food served! My wife ordered the Seiro Set with Salmon which is also very filing for lunch. It has a nice location and I would definitely come back here again and for dinner this time!

• Visited April 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best Japanese in KL...so far”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The restaurant is located not so far from Pavilion Mall. The restaurant looks like a Japanese house from the outside and nicely decorated on the inside ... simple but stillhas the Japanese feel to it.

The place offers dining in a common area as well as private rooms ... so take your pick.

I made reservation through the phone and that was very smooth and no problem.

We arrived at the restaurant and were warmly greeted by the staff which made you feel rather welcome.

We ask the staff for suggestions and the details for the set menu ... they did provide us with explanation and suggestion. In the end we decided to order their special set menus ...one Omakase which is a 9 course menu and my partner ordered Wa-Fuku Kaiseki which is 7 course menu. The food was delicious, the fish and ingredients were fresh. Both set menus provide varieties of Japanese food demo steam, grill, raw, tempura and stir fried. We did very enjoy our food. Every single dish served to us was beautifully presented which made it more appetizing.

The staff very attentive and explained to us on all of the course served which made the experience nicer.

I would higher recommended this place for a true Japanese food in KL.

The price is on the high side but for the freshness, the taste and the presentation ...it is worth it.

• Visited March 2013
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Personally the best Japanese I have had in KL so far. A bit pricey for local standards but great food. Super fresh sashimi, great tempura and soups. Will go back!

Perth, Australia
“Sushi”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Great tasting sushi, freshly prepared. Service was very good also. Try the agedashi tofu, a taste sensation.