1,259 results
All reviewsmid valleyst gilesgardens shopping mallmidvalley megamallboulevard hotelthe executive loungebusiness triprain showerbedroom apartmentflat ratebig mallconvenient locationhotel guestsbreakfast spreadcomfortable hoteldecent sizecomfortable stay
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Was lucky to have gotten an executive/club level booking based on price/budget.
Exec level gets you - free laundry. free access for cocktails/canapes in evenings. free internet.
Room has a nice rain shower and LCD TV. Nice gym and pool is a plus.
Plenty of restaurant options in hotel, and also at Gardens & Mid-valley Mall.
Downside: No free parking. MYR 5 flat fee per entry.
This has been, and will be, my go-to hotel on most of my business trips in Klang Valley area.

My wish list when on limited budget business travels;
1. Quiet rooms.
2. Good clean rooms.
3. Good Internet connection.
4. Convenient to travel in and out of.
5. Fresh authentic local food.
6. Well stocked bar.
7. Fresh coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The hotel is acceptable though the initial room had a leaking sink, thus the toilet was almost flooded when we first got into our room.

Regrettably, it is the valet company which they utilied, has tarnished their reputation forever. Not only they are irresponsible, but the manager is rude and offensive.
Our Malaysian friends had kindly sent us to the hotel and park at the alighting area, where the valet service operates on the same counter. Upon informing the bell boy that we are checking into the hotel, he informed our friends to pass the car key to the service personnel at the counter for safe keeping. After checking in at the concierge, our friends assisted us to bring our luggage to the room before leaving.

As we approached the counter to retrieve the keys, the valet service staff informed us that we have to pay the charges for parking the car at the hotel’s alighting point. This was not prior advised by the bell boy thus we told the valet staff that we are hotel guest. The valet staff then called her manager, who came to us and after our explanation, insisted that if we do not pay, we will not get our keys, before walking away.

Shocked by his rudeness, we informed the concierge manager to handle this, who spent about 20 minutes talking to the manager before he released the keys.

For this, we will never choose the hotel again, as well as our all Malaysian friends and colleagues, if they continue to use this valet company.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank AltanSG
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Having stayed in Penang for eight days I was hoping to stay in the Traders KL for five days, but the price was just a little too steep, despite the Guest Relations officers in Traders Penang trying to get me a good deal, but it wasn’t happening.

After a quick search on the internet I found a deal for the Garden Hotel & Residence KL in the Executive Deluxe Room. Although, I had booked all my flights, plus Thai and Penang Hotels months ahead I was hoping for any last minute deal for only five nights in Kuala Lumpur. Upon my arrival at the Garden Hotel and Residence you have to check in on the 29th floor. This is a new property on top of a shopping mall, very handy for shoppers.

Our first impressions were very positive; we had a room on the 27th floor, which was up on the club floor. The style of this room was a modern design, bright bold colour scheme and lots of wood. The room offered a great view over the city, facing the Petronas Towers in the distance. On top of this we could get three items of clothes cleaned every day.

This hotel was not in the heart of the city, but KL is certainly not California or Tokyo, so it was easy to get around using the Rail system, and Mid Valley train station is only one stop into KL Sentral. Upon arrival we had a couple of minor niggles, first the keyless lock started playing up would not close properly, someone came straight away, then some of the electrics went, in our room but I reported this to House Keeping and went out for dinner and when we came back it was all fixed. But following that, we had no further problems during our stay.

The bathroom was good with plenty of glass and to be honest there was no issues with water running over the floor or damp smells whatsoever. If I had any problem it was the toilet door that occasionally would stick. This was a heavy laminate shatterproof door, and I imagine because of the weight would shift, as the hinges drop, I reported this.

Breakfast offered a wide choice of western, Asian choices on offer and yes as a popular hotel it was quite busy at times. Contrary to what has been written the tables were not dirty or filled with dirty plates. In our five days we never observed this apart from when a guest had just left the table and then someone else would rush to go and sit at the table before hotel staff had a chance to clean it. This being Asia we never, apart from breakfast, had a meal at the hotel or drank in the bar which seemed to be busy every time we passed.

Every morning I used the gym, which had outside members or it could have been people from the residence using it. But this was a nice modern well spaced out place with modern equipment. It was not busy at 6.30am when I was using it; my only issue in a modern place like this, there was no sauna or steam room but did have an outside swimming pool with great views. I didn’t find the changing room small at all, I have seen smaller. But whoever designed this area should really have put in a sauna and steam room.

This a great hotel for people that like shopping, although the shops here are mainly the types I can easily find in Europe, not much by way of local products. Even Borders Books which surprised me, since they had closed many of the branches in the UK. On the ground floor of this mall were many shops that specialised in catering to serious women’s pampering, my wife kept disappearing down there for hours.

The club lounge was open from 5-7pm for snacks etc, but as I would busy catching up on TV content, on my laptop, that was I watching on the TV in the room via HDMI (sad I know, but this is one of the few times I can catch up on whole TV series). I asked the wife to bring me a coffee on her return. Staff would not let her take one coffee down for some reason, I went up to ask why and they said all food & drink had to be consumed there. This was a bit strange and odd, I am not sure what they thought was going on here whether they were under the impression I was having a party in my room and was sneaking the odd coffee and cookie to another guest, not entitled to such worldly pleasures.

On customer service, both the wife and I found the hotel staff polite, responsive to our requests, and helpful. As it was my birthday on one of the days I was there, I was surprised to come back to my room to find a birthday card and cake, which was a pleasant surprise. I have read some of the negative accounts about the staff being not too helpful, but to be honest apart from not allowing us to take a coffee back to our room, I have no complaints about the staff. On common sense when our cleaning was returned, I have been in hotels that just leave these on the bed, here this was placed in the walldrobe.

When checking out this was effortless, to be honest although I checked out in the main lobby, and not in the club lounge as I could not be bothered to go up to check out then come down. I asked for a taxi to take us to KL Sentral so we could take the Express Rail Link to the LCCT airport, for our Air Asia flight back to Bangkok. On checking out I reported the heavy toilet door that would occasionally get stuck and other minor suggestions.

Overall a for the price, this represented great value at a hotel that was convenient, as we made much use of the metro Mid Valley, which we could get to, walking through the malls or out of the hotel and walk down to the station in five minutes. When I was checking in, I was asked if I had stayed here previously, I said I had stayed in the Plaza the last time I was there and that was in May 1990. And as I was leaving the they were preparing for a ASEAN Summit and this hotel was not yet built along with the Petronas Towers, railway and many other buildings.

Anyway I would certainly recommend this hotel – especially, if the price is right! It is in a good location, ideal for shopping and has excellent transport connections, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Screensilver
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Hotel location is ideal for stay.This is situated in Midvalley mega mall where one can find every thing right from shopping,spa,dining,gymnasium.
We can get all type of travelling vehicle very easily at this place.
Hotel room ae very clean & have very good space in room with nice wardrob,bed,bathroom.
Room is having very good LCD TV & can enjoy watching same.
Room is having nice lobby to have outside view which provides best view of city in night as well as during day.
I can see KL Tower lighted from my room lobby which was excellent at night with full of light & decoration.
If you watch trafic passing from top of hotel you can see nicely organised city roads,bridges & flow of trafic which is beautiful.
Hotel have nice resturant at 6th floor & hotel provides morning breakfast complimentary which is excellent.
Hotel is serving lot of juices,continental breakfast with lot of fruits & one can easily enjoy same & skip lunch with heavy breakfast in the morning.
Overall hotel is nicely managed & I will consider this is best place to stay at Kaulalumpur.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank paparikh
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is the place to stay if you are a serious shopper (if not I would run a mile!). We stayed in the Residences section in a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment was great - lots of space, modern furnishings and a nice balcony.

I would suggest having breakfast in "The Spread" as the executive lounge had a very limited selection. The swimming pool area looked lovely and the gym was quite big as well.

My only grumble was that there is no connection from the hotel to the apartments which made it difficult to access the executive lounge and breakfast as they were both in the hotel.

I enjoyed our two night stay but think I would have started to go a bit loopy if I had to spend another day in the shopping centre!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends