1,259 results
All reviewsmid valleyst gilesgardens shopping mallmidvalley megamallboulevard hotelthe executive loungebusiness triprain showerbedroom apartmentbig mallconvenient locationhotel guestsbreakfast spreadcomfortable staycity viewf bbusiness hotel
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in the "Executive Premier" room at the Gardens Hotel at Mid Valley City, KL Malaysia on our roadtrip from Singapore.

What we like -
1. The executive lounge provides all guests in the 'Executive' rooms with free drinks and snacks from 5pm to 7pm
2. Great selection of food for the breakfast at level 6 - The Spread. Try the waffles!
3. Large LCD TV in room
4. Great view of the city (remember to request for the corner rooms for better view)
5. Clean room with wooden floor
6. Accessible to the Megamall and the Garden Mall
7. Staffs greeted us when they saw us all the time

What we didn't like -
1. We can hear the water running from the bathroom next door
2. Wired internet lease expires like once every 30 mins (and short internet cable)... wireless would be better here.
3. No dedicated parking lots for hotel guests, i had to park at the Gardens mall
4. Guy at the check-in had failed to inform me that they need to put a chop on my parking ticket for the RM5 per entry parking. We were shocked by the RM105 parking charges at the exit before scrambling back to the hotel for the chop - deducting 2 points from "Service"
5. Very limited TV channels available in the room

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jameskee
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Lovely hotel. Staff very helpful. Booked for 4 guests with agent but hotel only accommodates 3 per room max. After some discussion, we were allowed a family room with a king bed and a pull out bed. Our kids are 8 and 13. The room was a good size and clean and modern with views of petronis towers. Short walk to shopping mall and metro. Lovely gym and pool which whilst in the pool it appears to flow off the building. BeautifulI would recommend to non budget travellers.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Stayed here for a week. Fantastic location with a direct door to Gardens Mall leading to Mid Valley Megamall a shoppers paradise with hundreds of shops and restuarants. Taxis avaliable 24hrs and within easy reach of most of Kuala Lumpur's sights. Rooms are larges and spacious with large bathroom with separate bath and shower. Furnishing modern and comfortable. Free Wired Internet. Nice outdoor swimming pool. and adequate gym.
The negatives were;
Very small changing room for gym. The business centre's equiptment is a bit dated. Slow lifts. Worse thing in breakfast. First you have to queue up and it was a very long queue. The food was average. The breakfast room is more of a 3 star hotel. The whole experience, food and furnishings reminded me of school.

Overall I would stay here again, rooms are very good and location is excellent, but would not opt for breakfast (unless it was free!) with so many options in the malls. Would rate this hotel as a 4 star myself, not quite 5 star in my book.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed here last year after the hotel was open for 6 months... both the residence and the hotel side - and then again on the hotel side this September 2010. In the 8 months that I've been absent, the hotel is going down hill. It seems that management doesn't know how to keep the hotel in good condition.

The light colored carpet IS DIRTY!!!! Time for a shampoo please. After seeing such dirty carpet, I didn't want to take my shoes off either!

The mold in the shower is unacceptable.

No AC in the elevator - what kind of 5 star hotel ventillation in the elevator while travelling 30 floors up?

The things I did like on my recent stay... Internet quality is OK - seemingly faster than last year. Pool was nice. Gym was nice. Room service was fast and the food was hot. The bed was to my liking - firm and large. No smoking hotel is a plus

The front desk staff are lazy and do not follow simple instructions. I asked the staff member to get my bag from the bellman out from storage at 1AM. There were 2 members and the 2nd was just standing there overlooking the first. He proceeded to tell me to ask the bellman myself. Of course, that is just not acceptable and I let him know it. Not a nice way to be welcomed back.

I stay here for the location but I might as well stay at cititel as they'll be at the same quality soon enough.

The rate is cheap at the Garden's, but if they want to stay 5 star, maybe they should charge a few more ringitts to keep their standards higher. It's not a 5 star by any stretch.. maybe 3.5 now... and dropping.

The saddest part of all is that the company that manages the hotel is located in the very same mall as their 3 hotels (boulevard, cititel and gardens)... maybe they should stay there to experience it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice during the past two months to Kuala Lumpur for my business trips. On positive side I found the hotel is reasonable price, good service, and great location particularly for shopping. That's why I go back to stay here. Staff service is great. Around midnight I called front desk for the Internet service that was not working, they sent a staff tight to my room within five minutes to fix it. That's really impressive.

Howver on negative Diderot the hotel room was quite noisy for certain nights. During my three nights stay, two were noisy with Bang of the closing door and people chatting in the middle of the night! Room door is hard to close and needs a quick fix for it. Breakfast was not quit good with limited choice variety.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business