“Best location hotel”

The Gardens Hotel & Residences
Ranked #44 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favourite Hotel in KL for business or with the family.
attached to the hotel are shops which you could shop until you drop.Not just the high end but mid range stuff too.
I could go n see my clients or play golf n come back and she still shopping somewhere looking very happy you left her alone.....with d credit card of course.
Hotel room tidy n clean.window show a good view of KL.staff are polite and I was shocked that my room was not cleaned at all yesterday nite when we come back.Call front desk and it was sorted out immediately. Exception rather than the norm.
Best part of the hotel -you could stay in d same mid valley shoppin without goin anyway.Restaurants are all in the basement. The best Chinese is call Canton-i .The roast duck and pork is a must .
I think this is one of the best hotel in KL n will always stay here.I would recommend it to anyone without any reservation.

• Stayed: June 2014
CommunicationsMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Kuala Lumpur.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The room is very spacious and design is cute. I also got a very good deal through the hotel's site, per night rate is cheaper than at Agoda. As I also got a rm45 voucher, I indulged in ordering steak for dinner when I arrived, and it's very good! The staff are nice, security is good. But the hotel is not really luxurious, the furnitures seem Ikeaish, the breakfast dining area looks like a canteen, where rows are tables are lined-up. Hotel could improve the layout of the dining area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences. We note your comment about the improvement that we can enhance better. Nevertheless we are happy that you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel and the shopping mall. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I’ve stayed at the Gardens Hotel once, and at the Residences at least twice over the past six months. If it weren’t for the location, I would have chosen some other hotel. I say this for several reasons, the primary one of which is the lack of hygiene and sanitation in the food and beverage outlets. I would always have to check the plates and other tableware at the buffet line to ensure I get the clean ones. Oftentimes, I spot some crumbs or food particles as it seems these are not so thoroughly washed. On two occasions, I had spotted chefs hold the bread with their bare hands (the irony is that there are even plastic gloves or tongs for guests to use when they get bread from the basket). I avoided eating bread after observing this, especially after seeing one chef scratch his nose, then handle the bread with the same hand he used for this purpose. I thought that if they could do these kinds of actions right within the view of the guests, what more when they are in the kitchen with no outsiders to observe them.
The Housekeeping staff should be supervised more. I believe they know their duties but are just not that meticulous when it comes to cleanliness of the rooms. I inspect counter tops after each time that my room is made up, but often find thick dust in many areas. Many times over I have noticed food trays in the hallways left uncollected for more than half a day, sometimes even overnight.
If this place is really a luxury hotel, I am sorry to say that my expectations were not meet. On the several times that I had stayed at the Gardens, I did not feel pampered at all; it was more like the staff that I had encountered gave me an impression that I was a burden to them. None of the housekeeping staff smile nor greet when they come to deliver/pick up the laundry, even if I do so as I open the door when they knock. In fact all of those whom I have encountered had a pout on their faces, making me feel as if I had asked too much for them to have to come up to our floor. The ladies at the reception likewise are stiff and cold. They always appear to be busy and seem not to have time for us guests. Even the staff at the Executive Lounge have the same demeanor; it is very seldom that they smile and greet when I enter the lounge, and seem to be always busy with their computers and other paperwork.
Much about the condition of the facilities have been mentioned in other reviews, and I can only say that I totally agree that there really is a need to upgrade and renovate if this hotel is to continue with its claim of being a luxury hotel.
I would have preferred for these comments to have been expressed in a guest feedback form for appropriate action by hotel management. However, it appears the Gardens does not actively solicit guest feedback as I have not seen any forms made easily available for guests to fill out.
I do hope action be taken on the feedback I have given, and that I get to see visible results in the event I get to stay again at the Gardens.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Regards to your comment to the guest questionnaire, please be informed that the hotel do have the E-questionnaire form made available. Should you have anything in mind, please let us know through the hotel’s E-questionnaire survey.

Once again we apologize for the entire inconveniences trip you have faced. Your satisfaction is our priority and it’s our objective to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Hi,

A few point to note about this hotel:

1) I am surprise to see all Indonesian receptionist staffs.
2) Room very dated.
3) Bathroom shower area, over flowed with water.
4) Mini bar was not working, requested to check, they came after one hour.
5) I am shocked to see the bed condition, not typical style hotel bedding, more like a village home stay bed, it was horrendously uncomfortable bed that i have seen in such a luxury hotel.
6) Breakfast was horrid.
7) Wifi was ok.
8) Location is good if you are shopping around there.
9) TV is small, limited channels.

Overall will not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone,,no way at all, poor standard, over priced for low quality.

Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank swordfish01

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to communicate on why our services and facilities did not meet your expectations. We have taken note on all the valuable comments from your good self and please be assured that it has been brought to the attention of the Departments concerned and the issue is being addressed to ensure we achieve the appropriate level of service and facilities in the future. At the same time, we would like to seek your kind assistance to email us your particulars and check-in details for us to investigate further in depth. You may email to commghr@stgiles-hotels.com.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife, 17 year old son and I are staying at the Garden Residence in a two bedroom serviced apartment for one month. This is an incredibly convenient location!! Take the elevator from your 30 plus story high room overlooking KL, down to the Gardens Mall or the attached Mid Valley Megamall to enjoy well over two hundred eating establishments from very inexpensive local food (my favorite) to high end Western style restaurants and everything in between. There are supermarkets should you decide to prepare some meals in your room, shopping from the top brands e.g. Gucci, Versace, LV etc. department stores and plenty of local shops? Two great, especially comfortable movie theaters are within the malls as is a fairly high end fitness club, Celebrity fitness. Fortunately we have been able to obtain a short term fitness club membership to help keep the weight in check. Taxis are easy to find and the KTM line to the Sentral Station is connected to the mall.

Our two bedroom premium apartment is very large and extremely comfortable. In fact, the beds and sheets (I believe changed every day) are so comfortable we sleep even better here than at our home in the U.S.. We may look to purchase a similar style mattress when we return to the U.S. There is a pillow menu which included very high quality feather pillows. Apartment has three flat screen TVs two very nice bathrooms with rainfall showers and a large living and dining area with a balcony overlooking the city (but not the KL towers). The kitchen is reasonably well equipped,well enough for us to host a family dinner for 8-10. There is a very nice, under utilized infinity pool with cabana style covered lounge chairs, and the pol water temperature is just right and the pool is large enough for lap swimming, I would guess about 20 meters.

The staff here are incredibly friendly, responsive and helpful, from the bellman at the lobby to the front desk staff, housekeeping and engineering. We had a couple of minor problems with our room during our stay which were responded to immediately by the staff, including follow-up to ensure that everything was resolved to our satisfaction.

Bottom line, we could not be happier with our choice of the Gardens Residence for our extended stay in KL. One thing I would suggest is adding a few extra television channels, though they show Bloomberg, I miss my CNBC!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a premium level two bedroom on the end/corner with a balcony on a high floor. Noise was...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
CommunicationsMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences. We note your suggestion on the additional television channels and we will take serious consideration on your suggestion. Nevertheless we are happy that you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel and the shopping mall. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times. However was shocked to see that the room has aged quite abit from my recent trip (about a year ago from previous stay).

This is a hotel with a big mall at the side. Lots of international brands, restaurants and supermarket. One will be spoilt for the many choices.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
CommunicationsMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences. We note your comment about the property ages, there is a need for additional review of some of the wear and tear on furnishings and fittings and this year carpets are being replaced and wall finishing is being re-varnished and this will help to revitalize the look and feel of our accommodation areas.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Usually we stay at the Traders in KLCC when we come to KL but this time we had appointments in the Mid Valley area and decided to stay in a one bedroom serviced apartment at the Garden Residence. Compared to the one bedroom suite we usually have at the Traders the rooms at the Garden Residence are bigger and cheaper. They come with a balcony and a fully equipped kitchen. They are cleans and comfortable.

The team at the front desk is very friendly and helpful. On our last day they gave us a late check-out at 3pm without extra charge. The transfer to the Airport was twice the usual rate but provided in a regular taxi (clean and big though) which of course makes no sense to book since there are plenty of taxis outside due to the mall next door or arriving guests.

Overall we had a pleasant stay and we would recommend this Hotel to others who want to stay in this area. Nevertheless the Traders remains my favorite Hotel in KL so far.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CommunicationsMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014