1,259 results
All reviewsmid valleyst gilesgardens shopping mallmidvalley megamallboulevard hotelthe executive loungebusiness triprain showerbedroom apartmentflat ratebig mallconvenient locationhotel guestsbreakfast spreadcomfortable hoteldecent sizecomfortable stay
Reviewed July 5, 2013

GHR has all the right things going as a good hotel but it is not a luxury hotel. Convenience for shopping and location in the mid-valley is ideal for shoppers and business visitors. Their breakfast spread is a good variety of mostly local fare. Rooms are spacious. There is even a menu to choose your type of pillows! Rooms on high floors with unit numbers ending with 20- 26 has the city view which makes it pretty at night. The mini-bar in the room is not stocked - a down side. The lighting could be improved - mixture of warm and white lights which mar the comfort of the good sized room. Therefore an average stay for me.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor with unit numbers ending with 20- 26 has the city view which makes it pretty at night
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
CommunicationsMgr, Jaclyn Low at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear reviewer, Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your recent stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel and we are grateful for the constructive feedback as well as your comments. We note your other comments and will use it to make improvements where we are lacking. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attached with most famous KL shopping complex, if you have shopping and dining in mind, this joint can never go wrong. Parking is inclusive for guys who drive here.
Didn't take the breakfast buffet as they are plenty restaurants and food stalls just below. The pool is nice but not too big. A weekend getaway is perfect for local folks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CommunicationsMgr, Jaclyn Low at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your recent stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel. We are delighted to know that your stay experience was satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hotel. Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor site.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at Gardens Hotel before so I thought why not try their Gardens residence this time. We booked for 4 nights and paid RM530 approx per night (for 1deluxe bedroom), with breakfast for two. (semi buffet)
To make things short, I will just highlight the pros and cons.
Pros,
1.) Large rooms with lots of place to move around
2.) The aircond was awesome
3.) A ceiling fan in the living room
4.) 2 tvs on each room, which we did not have chance to use. We only managed to use one in the living room.
5.) Service is good.
6.) Full set of kitchenette. (oven, microwave, hood, cooking stove, toaster, etc)
7.) Free Of Charge Baby Cot.
Cons,
1.) The breakfast is not very good. They only allow 1 serving of hot breakfast with all you can eat bread, cereals, fruits, juice, and pastries. But with that much appliance in the kitchen, I suggest you made your own breakfast.
2.) The cover of the kettle is broken. You need to hold the kettle to pour in the water. But it is still usable so I chose not to make a big fuss out of it.
3.) The safety box is completely unusable. It says Low battery.
4.) The tv remote control ran out of battery but it was quickly replaced within 20min of complaint.
5.) Things were a bit inconsistent. Sometimes, the housekeeping is nice. They gave us extra mineral water and were really friendly with my children’s soft toys. Sometimes, the housekeeping only shows up after 4pm. My wife and kids were in room at the time, and I think my wife asked them to leave as my kids were asleep.

Let me just say that this is the first time I stayed in a service apartment, so my opinion may be a bit biased as I only have a hotel to compare with. So my comment may be a bit harsh, but compare to Gardens Hotel, this place not in my recommendation list. Unless you have a big family with kids, I won’t recommend it to couple or solo traveler.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bobjrjr

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor site. We appreciate your review and feedback on your recent stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel. We note your feedback regarding breakfast at The Pastis and we have reported this to the Management of Pastis. As for your other comments, we regret the misdeamenour and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We would however be grateful if you could email us at commghr@stgiles-hotels.com with the details of your room number and stay period, as we take your feedback seriously and would like to rectify the issues as mentioned. Thank you once again for your comments on Trip Advisor site.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had been there countless time since it was first opened few years ago. Naturally the hotel room fittings and furnitures started to age, but for its location, we still came back for short stay if we wanted to shop in Mid Valley. Cleanliness and services were ok. This time we did not bother to have room with breakfast package as previous experience suggested breakfast was nothing great. There were plenty of eateries in the two malls directly connected to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
CommunicationsMgr, Jaclyn Low at The Gardens Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear reviewer, Thank you for your feedback in Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your past patronage and continuous support. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the Residences wing, not the Hotel.

Friendly service staff, efficient house-keeping, directly connected to the Mid-Valley Shopping Mall, having the gym practically to myself on one morning that I was there. (note that the gym is located within the Gardens Hotel which is connected on the 5th storey) Love the convenience of this hotel! Especially important because my infant nephew was ill during our trip and we were fortunate to be able to walk back to the hotel room quickly from the shopping mall. Separate toilet and bathroom areas. The rain shower was great.

Some minor points to note:
- The mexican chicken wrap I'd ordered for room service was terrible. Skip that.
- While it's beyond the control of the hotel, the nightclub between Mid-Valley and Gardens Mall had loud music thumping into the wee hours of the night. Not loud enough to be a distraction, but still somewhat audible.
- No lock on the bathroom doors.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor site. Sorry to hear that your nephew was unwell but we are glad everything ended well, We note all your comments and will improve in those areas lacking. We thank you for your recent stay at The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel and we hope to see you soon.