“Didn'disappoint...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Didn'disappoint...”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant but have heard a lot about it. Food served tasted fresh. Special points for the calamari and stir fried vegetables. Little touches such as prawn cracker with dip for entree were welcome. Service was ok but nothing to rave about. Price was fair for the food quality. The restaurant is very big and we heard it can be full on weekends, recommend booking table before.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LittleMsMe

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Best Black Pepper Shrimp-ANYWHERE”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have lived in many international locations and have traveled all around the world and Meng Keng Fatt has the best black pepper shrimp and butter prawns anywhere. Great food. Very good price!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kertehQT
Bangalore
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visited this restaurant for dinner on Christmas eve with another family. The crabs were exceptional and went well with steam buns. The pick of the dishes however was the chilli chicken in fried yam basket. It's the first time that I am tasting something like that. Also tried fried prawns (coconut coated?) and was excellent. The greens (Kailan, spinach-garlic fry etc) were good too.

However, they could improve their service quality considering the crowd. Also, it would be great if they can serve some good drinks than just stock brands of beer.

I would to back to this place during my next visit to KL, no matter when it is going to happen.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Edassery
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Quality of food deteriorated”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant for many years with my family and realized that the quality of food has been deteriorating while the price is on increasing side. That's fine if the food still averagely acceptable. But today, it is so disappointing that I got to write this, tje chilli clam have the crab shell in it. N the fried noodle with seafood is with fishy smell. Overall is really bad this time that I don't wanna go back for another time at all.

1 Thank AnnualTraveller33
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not as expected and service is poor lately.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant since the dawn of time, at least over 12 years ago. Since I have moved out from Ampang, I missed the delicious crabs of various choice of cookings.

Recently my wife & I decided to go back for old time sake. We were impress by the new extensions and the commercial changes done (bigger!).

After ordering out usual crab seafood dishes, we were disappointed with the quality and taste. It took forever to come.... over 1hr. We made some comments to the restaurant supervisor but he just brushed it off.

I guess, the restaurant is enjoying its yesteryears success, but short changing on quality & taste. We will definitely NOT come again nor will we recommend this place again.

Very disappointed customer!!!