“Great vietnam food!”

Ranked #56 of 4,655 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve fine Vietnamese cuisine, our menu is prepared by Mdm Cam Van who is a celebrity chef in Vietnam for more then 25 years. Our kitchen is run by a young and passionate chefs selected by Mdm Cam Van. Most of our chefs are award winning chefs from Vietnam.
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Tasty vietnam food in a vibrant atmosphere! Try the duck in orange sauce and the curry's. Refined ingredients in a great balance!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to Sao Nam for first night with family in KL because of great reviews I had read about it and we were not disappointed. Had told everyone we were in Asia so it would be Asian food for dinner and no burgers or fish and chips. As this was my first taste of Vietnamese food I have to say it didn't blow me away however from an overall dining experience I have to rate Sao Nam really high because it was excellent and I think it deserves the high rating others have given it. Don't get me wrong it was very, very nice but we all found the dishes quite sweet overall. I had the mangosteen Mangosteen was very good as different for me. My wife and daughter shared the chicken and prawn pancake and it was delightful - I helped them eat it so it can't have been bad and my son had the chicken curry which was a yellow curry - and that also was really nice. Although the food didn't quite do it for me for an introduction to Vietnamese cooking i think it was an excellent first taster with good portions and presentation. Where it really did it for me was in the areas of location, ambience, cleanliness, service and staff behaviour and in these areas I cannot fault Sao Nam. Like any restaurant the true test is would I go again and the answer to that is Yes. Great restaurant so do go and try it.

1  Thank sheildzee68
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been to this place several times and never got disappointed. No matter what I had, the food was excellent and always consistent. Definitely recommend the visit if you are around. The only but is that sometimes the staff doesn't pay attention to the customers

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent meal. Recommended by friends who stumbled onto this lovely restaurant. Staff friendly and helpful. Chef Phuong is an amazing chef. Dishes are different from other Vietnamese restaurants we have tried. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice peaceful place, with cooling ceiling fans making inside tables very pleasant. Our mixed starters were delightful, full of taste and freshness. but our mains (laksa / lamb in coconut) were bland. Service was good and prices not too bad. Maybe we chose badly but was expecting better.

2  Thank Baxie