“Great Atmosphere with Good Food”

Sao Nam Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #60 of 4,678 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve fine Vietnamese cuisine, our menu is prepared by Mdm Cam Van who is a celebrity chef in Vietnam for more then 25 years. Our kitchen is run by a young and passionate chefs selected by Mdm Cam Van. Most of our chefs are award winning chefs from Vietnam.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant is a little hard to find but is well worth the effort. If you find it during the daytime you may, like my wife and I think that it has gone out of business as all the outside tables and chairs are stacked inside by the window and I must admit it does not look much from the outside. Come again at night and it is a different story, inside is nicely decorated with some Vietnamese posters, table and chairs are not fancy, just wooden table and chairs. Inside it seats about 20 people with aluminium tables and chairs outside for approx 20 people. It is a quiet location one street away from Jalan Alor.
Now the food, this is the first time we had tasted Vietnamese food and if this is an example of it I will be looking for Vietnamese restuarants around where I live as everything we had was very, very good (we went 3 times in 10 days). Just incase anybody reading this review has never tasted Vietnamese, to me it was a more subtle take on Thai food. ie: tasty but not as much heat as in some Thai dishes.
I would advise booking as each time we went we were lucky to get a table as it became full just after we arrived there.
Very nice staff. One night when were there the owner sat by the door drinking his cup of coffee speaking to everybody and on the subject of coffee I would recommend the Vietnamese 'drip' coffee, very good.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Try to eat here at least once. We had not been familiar with vietnamese cuisine before this trip but will now look out for it. Great presentation, interesting combinations of ingredients and friendly staff who were able to explain the dishes. We had the mangosteen prawn salad, chicken pancake and beef in young coconut. All fab.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A very pleasant place to eat with friendly staff & exceptional food.
The mangosteen salad will stay in my memory for a long time as a taste sensation.
Crispy pancakes, duck, deserts & coffee were great.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have been there many times now and the food is wonderful. Especially the omelette, mangosteen salad, springrolls and the duck. The staff is friendly.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Sao Nam is personal, pretty, convenient to City Centre and the food is really wow. Can't wait to go there every time I am in KL