“Awesomeness!”

Ranked #69 of 4,559 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve fine Vietnamese cuisine, our menu is prepared by Mdm Cam Van who is a celebrity chef in Vietnam for more then 25 years. Our kitchen is run by a young and passionate chefs selected by Mdm Cam Van. Most of our chefs are award winning chefs from Vietnam.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We just happened to fidn this place when wandering around looking for somewhere to eat and my goodness the food was amazing and the portions were huge! I love Vietamese food and rarely get the chance to have it when dining out so this was a wonderful find. I thoroughly recommed the fresh spring rolls (although order between two as they are massive!) and the Crispy prawn pancake - heaven!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had been craving for Vietnamese food for a while after a recent trip to Hanoi and HCM. I made Sao Nam my first food stop after arriving in KL from Manila. This place really lives up to the ratings that other reviewers gave it! I had the fresh spring rolls and a grilled beef noodle salad, both of which tasted authentic. It's on a street parallel to Jalan Alor, a popular street food place. Visit Sao Nam if you want to get your Viet fix!

1  Thank Gabriel G
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our family of four including two fussy teenagers had a very enjoyable meal here. Would be good to go there with a larger group and share different dishes. The deep fried chicken spring rolls are spectacular. Great ambience and service.

1  Thank Greg O
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went on my on to Sao Nam after having it recommended by an Australian expat and having done some research. Arriving, I discovered it doesn’t open until 7.30 so I found a nearby bar in the bustling area and waited. After a few expectation building beers I went and was seated at an outdoor table. I ordered six minced meat spring rolls to be followed by a curry. Two rolls into my starter I sat thinking that I was quite disappointed. Yes it was quite nice to look at with a lot of greens around it but the flavour was bland. Well that was only until the waiter saw how I was eating it and came running over to show me that the dumpling was part of the bigger assembly set that my plate was. He quickly showed me that the dumpling went on the salad leave, then you put noodles, greens, basil and mint on before finishing of with drizzling of fish sauce which really made this taste wonderful. The main course was also very nice, but not as fantastic as the starter.

The only reason I don’t give it 5 stars is that I arrived 20 minutes after they opened where they already didn’t have to of the starters and that they gave me my main course while I was on my starter.

I highly recommend it if you are looking for Vietnamese in KL, but do expect a low key restaurant.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Comfortable environment and special signature dishes~!! Nice food. Just note that the opening hours for dinner session is from 7.30pm :)