“Seriously disappointing, after previous enjoyable experiences!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Chili's, Bangsar Shopping Centre
Ranked #2,213 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Seriously disappointing, after previous enjoyable experiences!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not a pleasant experience after many previous enjoyable visits! We made a special trip across KL for a birthday meal as we had previously enjoyed many a happy time at Chili's Bangsar.

On arrival, the place was relatively busy so we were offered a table for two in the outside seating area. This wasn't a problem as we have often eaten outside there before. However, right from the start things didn't seem to match up with previous experiences. The greeting and initial service was luke-warm to say the least. We ordered our drinks and food. I decided to treat myself to a New York Strip Steak, which by KL standards is not the cheapest.

On its arrival my first mouthful consisted of pure gristle which was totally inedible! I persevered with a few more mouthfuls, but the meat was far from as tender as it should have been. Being typically British I waited patiently for the customary "Is everything OK" visit from the waiter, so that I could discreetly ask for it to be changed. This visit didn't happen, and didn't look like it was going to happen, so eventually I had to call over a member of staff and ask them to take the meal away as it was not up to standard. This caused minor consternation at the waiters' station and one of the waiters did come to ask if I required a replacement or wished to order something else. I told him that the experience had caused a loss of appetite and that I was no longer hungry, and didn't require anything else.

After this the attitude of the staff continued in its initial variation between vague to total indifference! No apology was offered, no offer of a reduction in the remaining section of the bill, or offer of perhaps a compensatory drink. We were just ignored until eventually we had to ask for the remainder of the bill which we paid before leaving without any kind of salutation from the staff.

To conclude, we will not be returning to Chili's Bangsar in a hurry, or any other Chili's for that matter. I'm sure our patronage will not be missed as we hardly seemed to be noticed whilst we were there.

I'm not used to supplying negative reviews on Tripadvisor but on this occasion it had to be done! No apologies to Chili's Bangsar.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smifnsmif2011

“delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excellent choice of food, reasonble price and good customer service. The dining experient also fantastic

Visited December 2012
“good food,good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

the food was good.service was good.my family & i always enjoy our meal whenever we eat at chillis. it is a must go.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brussels
“same same”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

as can be expected, everything is the same as you'd find it in the US. Nothing special.
i'd recommend to sit outside, that's nice.
the bottomless drinks are great.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MinKL
“yummy!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I like the food there...especially there home's made chips! more delicious after taste with their special sauce! craving for it!

Visited July 2012