“Going downhill fast”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Albemarle
Cary, NC
“Going downhill fast”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was okay, but it gave the impression that it HAD been nice at one point. The furnishings were in ill-repair (split fabric on one of the chairs, drawers broken, etc.). They offered free hot breakfast, which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The orange juice appeared to be cut with water by more than half (we could see through it). Very disappointing. It appeared to have maybe been a much nicer place, but after being bought by the current owners, they are operating it as cheaply as possible. We were staying 2 nights. The first morning, we were getting ready to leave for the day, but not check-out. They knocked on our door 3 times to ask if they could clean the room. There was no "do not disturb" door hanger so we kept answering the door and telling them to come back later. I'm sorry if all the other guests have checks out, but we weren't ready to leave for the day. When we did leave, they had parked the cleaning cart right in front of our door. Very rude.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is not what i expected from Quality Inn, i do a lot of traveling and for what i payed for this room,this is just a bad deal first of all i was unable to secure the exterior door with out lifting up on the handle to get it lock,which left gaps all the way around,furniture is old the desk allmost collapsed the tv old and breakfast well that was just disgusting

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Albemarle hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I found bed bugs on my pillow and the refund policy penalised me for having pre-booked so many days! I will never stay there again the refund they gave me was only one day but I lost more than one day with washing all my stuff and moving it to the car! I am a travelling salesperson as well as journalist and I had both gear and inventory that was effected by the infestation. The refund that was offered barely covered just the replacement cost of the inventory I lost! Not to mention the two days of sales that I lost and two days of events that I had pre-paid to attend that I was unable to attend because I was at hotel doing laundry! While the staff was nice and the breakfast was good, if there is any way that you can avoid this infested hotel I recommend so doing, and if you must stay here - do NOT bring anything into your room! Also the pool was dirty and the first room I was in had a broken lock so no security.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sasha X
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff cares about the guests and the beds are really comfortable. Other local hotels/motels could learn from these folks. They are helpful and polite to their guests. The ammenities equal or exceed the other hotels/motels in this same chain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FAMILYTRIPPER729
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Fine for an overnight...no issues at all.

I was on my own and so got a good deal from the manager (Avi?) who was friendly and welcoming to me.

The room was as expected, nothing exceptional, so hence the average rating.

It was, as expected, clean and comfy and so I slept well. clean bathroom and overall a well run motel.

This is a decent motel for the price and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Harleyclarkey
North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Needed some where to stay in Albemarle when a dance competition was scheduled at the last minute...everything was booked and was honestly kind of scared to stay here after reading the reviews! But with no other choice traveled on and when we arrived asked to first look at the rooms before checking in... the manager agreed and we checked out the room. The motel is an older motel but the main thing for me it is CLEAN! Our room was on the second floor (no elevators) and I would request 2nd floor due to doors opening to the outside...its just a security thing? When we opened the door much to our surprise the room smelled clean..NO ODORS. After all the checks we were happy with what we saw and was able to stay! Again it is an older motel and could use a face lift but my man concern is CLEAN! My only negative is the water pressure is very poor!! They offer a breakfast in the morning...Waffle machine, sausage, eggs, bagels, and cereal. Lots of choices! They also gave us a great discount rate because so many in our dance group had to stay here. I am very happy we went with the Quality Inn the manager was very nice and we would stay here again if we find ourselves back for another competition.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank angelofamom
Waynesville,NC
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We looked for a hotel that would allow us to bring our dog. The Quality Inn on the bypass was the one we found. We were there only for one night, arriving late in the evening and left by 10 the next morning. The room was clean and comfortable and extremely quiet. The bathroom ( tub and toilet) was very small and cramped. The breakfast the next morning was more than adequate - boiled eggs, yogurt, sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, breads, cereal and milk, as well as tea and coffee. We found the people who ran the desk to be very helpful. The only major complaint was that the directions we had on our confirmation sheet were erroneous. It is better to call the hotel for directions.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from a busy highway and Sonic is right in front of the rooms. There are rooms...