“Just Average at Best”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Albemarle
Scottsville Va
“Just Average at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed with the Sleep Inn& Suites-Albermarle in NC for three nights during a recent horse event. The rooms were average, the bed comfort above average, there was no refrigerator or microwave (amenities I admit I've been spoiled with and have grown to expect) making the amenities list fall somewhat below average. We traveled with our two dogs, and I never appreciate it when they put you on the second or third floor with your pet. Makes middle of the night forays outside much more annoying for us and, I'm sure, for our neighbors. The gal who checked us in the first night was really nice, helpful and accommodating. The gal who worked there during the bulk of our stay though was very cold, almost rude, when I made the effort to inform her that the back door (that I was using off the staircase to get to my room with the dogs) wouldn't lock--she gave me a blank stare, and said merely "Okay?...."
Returning to our room late the last night, exhausted from a day that began at 5:00 a.m. and ended some time after 8:00, after being in the sun, working non-stop at the show, and just wanting to come in and relax we returned to a room that had not been cleaned, beds remained unmade, trash still sat in the waste bins. Guess the maid didn't show? No, we had a stack of clean towels. Told them at the front desk when we were checking out the next morning (again (5:00 a.m and the checkout clerk was understandably sleepy). She merely acknowledged that they had been short handed over the weekend, but that was all I got out of her. No apology. So for a quick overnight resting place this Sleep Inn is not bad, but I don't recommend it for any longer stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank seamimr
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered with the room accommodations received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Matthew McNeil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Morganton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Out of all the hotels I've stayed at over the last couple of years as a regional IT professional, this Sleep Inn has always been excellent with customer service. I never had to ask for anything but everyone was always very friendly and always asked if anything was needed. Rooms have always been very clean. Some minor changes could be made for me to rate 5 stars, such as breakfast amenities but its not a huge deal to me. The most important things for me is customer service and cleanliness, which this hotel excels at. I look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JasonL154
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in leaving us such a candid review regarding your stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Albemale, NC. We are happy that you alway stay with us and happy to hear that our Team is taking care of all of your needs. Our Breakfast Bar options are preset by our brand however please let us know what you would like us to add fo the breakfast bar and we we will try to accomodate. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Granite Falls, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Quite, Comfortable, Clean, very attentive staff, fast Wi-fi, all you need for a business trip. Plan on returning again. While I didn't use the exercise room or the indoor pool, it is wonderful to have option in the event of longer stay or for a family trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites in Albemarle, NC Place for your recent stay traveling for your business trip, and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and for complimenting on our quiet, comfortable, clean facility with very attentive staff and fast Wi-Fi. . We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again. We have both an onsite exercise facility and an indoor pool. If want even more of a work out ask our Staff for a Gold's Gym pass and enjoy!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

In my experience during miltiple stays over the past couple of years I have found the combination of comfortable and safe accomodations, great location, reasonable price and friendly staff to be unmatched anywhere in Albemarle.

• Stayed February 2013
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Dekewilliamson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review regarding your stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Albemarle, NC. Our Team Strives on customer service and we are happy to hear that we are meeting our goals and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Please let me or anyone of our Team members know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable!

NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was fine. The bed was comfy but it was definitely time for the room to be updated. Torn carpets, patch work ceiling. I expected a little more considering the price.

• Stayed October 2012
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear CCNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I am happy to hear that the Staff was friendly, the breakfast was to your liking, and most of all that the bed was comfortable. We have a planned renovation project and have been delayed and do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you on your next stay with us.

Again, Thank you very much for your review.

Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting family in the area. My timing was really bad as the DNC was going on in nearby Charlotte at the same time and most places were sold out. The room was satisfactory, not outstanding. The linens were sparse, had to ask for extra towels, but we did get clean ones each day. The bed linens were changed once during the stay. The front desk and breakfast room staff were friendly each time we came and went during our four days. Complementary breakfast left much to be desired but was typical of many places. There were only two kinds of cereal available and those were in dispensers. No hot water for preparing packaged oatmeal. Apples and two day old bananas were the only fruit. They had the standard prepackaged boiled eggs, sausage, and make your own waffles. Nothing prepared hot and fresh. The upstairs hallway was not cleaned the entire stay; I got pretty good at stepping over the spilled popcorn which was on the floor. The worst part of this place was the unpleasant odor in the elevator and hallways; I never could figure out if it was from the indoor pool, mold, or maybe a cleaning product. This hotel has potential if a few improvements are made to make it appropriate for it's $104 per night rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KansasGin
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear KansasGin,

Thank youy for taking the time out to leave us a candid review about your stay with us. I apologize as your stay was only satisfactory and not outstanding. The DNC week was an extremely busy week for us and we apologize for the sparse linens and having to ask for extra linen. I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and took care of your needs. We are in the process of renovating our property and hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reidsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Considering "FAMILYTRIPPER729's" review, I felt it necessary to write my own review of this hotel. First, I'll confirm what FAMILYTRIPPER wrote about a notification that the hotel was no longer affiliated with the chain. My reservation had been made at least a couple of months in advance because I was planning to attend a four-day class at Montgomery Community College. I called the day after I received this notification and was greeted and told right away that my reservation still stood. No explanation was given for the notification but it didn't matter to me. The facilities were good and the front desk was helpful. This hotel also has a small gym (not much in the way of weightlifting equipment but a few cardiovascular equipment) and there was also an indoor pool (however I never used either of these). The room cleaning service was good and the air conditioning worked great. This was especially needed as my class was at the end of July. The only complaint that I have is the entrance to the hotel from the road. There is only one way in and out and the bypass is pretty active during the morning rush hours. Other than that, overall I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in our property and service. As mentioned in previous responses there was a system error and it was taken care of immediately. I am pleased to hear that you were greeted correctly and were told that your reservation was still in our system. Thank you again! Also i apologize that the gym was not up to your standards and also apologize that we failed to tell you that our guests are eligible for working out at the Gold's Gym. I am glad to hear that your room was clean, service was good, and your air conditioning worked great. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albemarle
Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Albermarle
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#15 of 26 in Concord
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)

Been to Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!