Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites
SleepInn
$99
Country Inn
$119
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsindoor poollook forward to staying here againchoice hotelsfriendly hotelvery nice staycleaning staffenjoyed my staywafflesnext morninglobbyfigmroomywedding
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was fine. The bed was comfy but it was definitely time for the room to be updated. Torn carpets, patch work ceiling. I expected a little more considering the price.

• Stayed: October 2012
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear CCNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I am happy to hear that the Staff was friendly, the breakfast was to your liking, and most of all that the bed was comfortable. We have a planned renovation project and have been delayed and do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you on your next stay with us.

Again, Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting family in the area. My timing was really bad as the DNC was going on in nearby Charlotte at the same time and most places were sold out. The room was satisfactory, not outstanding. The linens were sparse, had to ask for extra towels, but we did get clean ones each day. The bed linens were changed once during the stay. The front desk and breakfast room staff were friendly each time we came and went during our four days. Complementary breakfast left much to be desired but was typical of many places. There were only two kinds of cereal available and those were in dispensers. No hot water for preparing packaged oatmeal. Apples and two day old bananas were the only fruit. They had the standard prepackaged boiled eggs, sausage, and make your own waffles. Nothing prepared hot and fresh. The upstairs hallway was not cleaned the entire stay; I got pretty good at stepping over the spilled popcorn which was on the floor. The worst part of this place was the unpleasant odor in the elevator and hallways; I never could figure out if it was from the indoor pool, mold, or maybe a cleaning product. This hotel has potential if a few improvements are made to make it appropriate for it's $104 per night rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasGin
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear KansasGin,

Thank youy for taking the time out to leave us a candid review about your stay with us. I apologize as your stay was only satisfactory and not outstanding. The DNC week was an extremely busy week for us and we apologize for the sparse linens and having to ask for extra linen. I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and took care of your needs. We are in the process of renovating our property and hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Considering "FAMILYTRIPPER729's" review, I felt it necessary to write my own review of this hotel. First, I'll confirm what FAMILYTRIPPER wrote about a notification that the hotel was no longer affiliated with the chain. My reservation had been made at least a couple of months in advance because I was planning to attend a four-day class at Montgomery Community College. I called the day after I received this notification and was greeted and told right away that my reservation still stood. No explanation was given for the notification but it didn't matter to me. The facilities were good and the front desk was helpful. This hotel also has a small gym (not much in the way of weightlifting equipment but a few cardiovascular equipment) and there was also an indoor pool (however I never used either of these). The room cleaning service was good and the air conditioning worked great. This was especially needed as my class was at the end of July. The only complaint that I have is the entrance to the hotel from the road. There is only one way in and out and the bypass is pretty active during the morning rush hours. Other than that, overall I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in our property and service. As mentioned in previous responses there was a system error and it was taken care of immediately. I am pleased to hear that you were greeted correctly and were told that your reservation was still in our system. Thank you again! Also i apologize that the gym was not up to your standards and also apologize that we failed to tell you that our guests are eligible for working out at the Gold's Gym. I am glad to hear that your room was clean, service was good, and your air conditioning worked great. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel previously and was expecting to be in the city for an event in August. I, too, received a call that the hotel was no longer with the chain and called the event organizer to alert them to the possibility that all out of town guests might be left stranded. As it turns out, that was not the case. The hotel offered no explanation for this. The front desk was repeatedly unavailable to confirm my reservation(until my fifth call) which should have alerted me sooner to the complete lack of customer service.
However, despite finally confirming my reservations two days in advance of the event, I was greeted by "Taryn" at the front desk curtly telling me that my reservation had been given to someone else. I was able to book another room, though, so the impolite response was completely unnecessary. The rude treatment continued, and I moved to another hotel for the rest of my stay.
I was in and out of the hotel with other members of my party whose room charges I was covering over several days. When checking them out, the rude treatment continued. "Taryn" was clearly put out by having to work the desk. She would make guests wait without explanation while she stared at a screen. If a guest is in front of you, they should be addressed, not ignored until you finish your reading.
A simple course in polite behavior would go a long way to helping overcome the issues with the hotel. Unfortunately, my plan to wait until someone else was at the front desk failed since "Taryn" was there all three days. When you add poor customer service to aging facilities, you have the unfortunately likelyhood that this hotel will continue to decline very fast.

Room Tip: The far end of the hotel is quieter most of the time.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank FAMILYTRIPPER729

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and confusion that may have been created. There was a system error and we did our best to make sure everything was corrected in a timely manner and everyone was notified that their reservations were secured. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The rooms you reserved were occupied by your family and were NOT given to anyone. During this time we had another large group and we were sold out and so we could not accept any more reservations and we do apologize for that. We are sorry that we could not accomodate more rooms for your group and hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

If you come to Albemarle, NC again please contact me directly and i will personally see to taking care of your reservations.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here and we absolutely fell in love with the indoor decor of this hotel. Not to mention the indoor pool! We will most definitely go back to this hotel. The experience was simply amazing, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was very attentive to our needs. The breakfast was very filling, and a big variety. This hotel also features an elevator. It's an indoor property with beautiful decor all around.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

My name is Matthew McNeil and i am the General Manager for the Sleep Inn & Suites Albemarle. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. Our management team takes all guest feedback seriously. I am glad that you were satisfied with the staff and the level of customer service that was provided and have continued to stay with us. We are pleased to hear you loved our decor. Thank you for your review, your business and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites in Albemarle, NC