“about average”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Albemarle
FL
“about average”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

about average. this hotel was nice a couple years ago, since then they have been slacking on maintainence and repairs. still one of the better choices in Albemarle. the manager had a reception with free food and drink, that was a nice surprise. staff seemed friendly and helpful, but then some petty cash went missing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PaceFl
AmitKC, General Manager at Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction. Our sincerest apologies for slacking on maintenance however, we are in the process of doing a 'Refresh' and upgrading our property. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off and we hope you enjoyed the GM Reception! When you travel into the Albemarle, NC area again, please contact us directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stay at this Inn four or five times each year. The price is great and the Inn offers
everything that we need. There are some good restaurants in walking distance. The staff
is always helpful and offer us the best rates available.

I would highly reccomend this Inn for your next stay in Albemarle, NC

George

Room Tip: King beds are great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank George291
My name is Matthew McNeil and i am the General Manager for the Sleep Inn & Suites Albemarle. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. Our management team takes all guest feedback seriously. I am glad that you were satisfied with the staff and the level of customer service that was provided and have continued to stay with us (five time)! Thank you for your review, you business and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites in Albemarle, NC
Holly, MI
Reviewed April 12, 2010

This hotel is quite beautiful with very nice rooms and accommodations. It has a nice, although somewhat small indoor pool (no hot tub) and a continental breakfast. We have stayed here several times and have always been pleased with the condition of the room and the friendliness of the staff. My only complaint this time is that there was no fruit on the breakfast bar; however there has been in the past.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl196082
New York
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We stayed at this hotel several times previously. This year we stayed for 7 days. We drove straight through from upstate NY and arrived very tired at around 8:30pm.

The check in was a breeze. The woman at the counter was very nice and courteous. We had a 1st floor room with a king-sized bed, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and hair dryer all in working order. Our room was very clean with no odors. The bathroom was clean with no mold...and the shower provided a blast of water (not a trickle!). Hubby and I both loved the water pressure in the shower!!

After we settled into our room, I went to the vending machine to buy a soda, but the machine wasn't working properly and I lost my money. I simply went to the front desk and the representative got me a soda from the back. No problem at all. The machine was working fine later on.

On occassion, we could hear people talking as they walked passed our door, but that was it. We did not hear any noise from the rooms on either side of us or from the room above.

The cleaning staff was very friendly and efficient. Each day the room was made up perfectly...even on Thanksgiving day.

Hubby and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We ate every morning at the hotel and had no problem with the food choices. pasteries, bagels, 3 different cereal choices, oatmeal, grits, make-your-own waffles, coffee, juice, milk, yogurt. The attendant kept the food trays filled and the room clean. She even stopped and showed my husband how to work the waffle iron.

Checkout was fast with no billing errors.

The price was very reasonable and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Location, Front Desk Staff, Maid Staff, Room layout
  • Disliked — The coffee pot makes one cup at a time... we'd like a larger pot...but this was not a problem.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Bernburg
Reviewed December 2, 2007

I have stayed in the hotel with my husband and part of the time my brother-in-law and sister-in-law joined us. The room with two queen beds was pretty big for two people. The walls were very thin, so you heard every word the neighbor said. Why is breakfast only served on Styrofoam? Real plates and cups cannot cost much more…
But for the type of hotel it’s overall OK.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Bernburgerin
North Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2007

This Sleep Inn is good for the price. The lobby is pretty. Staff needs to move the junky cars (different ones) parked by the front which weren't guest cars. The breakfast was pretty good. There didn't seem to be enough tables, unfortunately, so overflow sat in the lobby chairs. The traffic flow around the breakfast bar was bad too. Just too small a room. The right side of the hotel is up against a restaurant (an Outback?) and there's noise from its parking lot at night. Try to pick the left side if you stay there.

Stayed September 2007
5 Thank NC1000
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Sleep Inn and Suites is one of the nicest, cleanest and friendliest hotels we have stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel. The decor of the lobby makes one feel as if they are in an expensive hotel yet the rates are the most reasonable we've seen in a long, long time. The rooms are spacious and well designed. Housekeeping does an excellent job with cleaning the rooms and bathrooms.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. This includes the front desk, housekeeping and the lady who stocks the continental breakfast area. Sleep Inn offers a variety of delicious choices for breakfast like Danish, bagels, waffles, cereals (hot and cold) English muffins and sometimes sausage biscuits and boiled eggs. They also offer a variety of juices, coffee or tea. A staff member is on hand to keep the breakfast area stocked and clean.

The hotel is offers wireless Internet which you can access in your room.

A variety of restaurants are located near the hotel and at least two of them offer a discount if you present your hotel key when ordering.

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and the entire visit was all positive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean, friendly hotel with reasonable rates. I plan to stay in this hotel every time I visit Albemarle.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank kamper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albemarle
Best Western Albemarle Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Roadway Inn
Roadway Inn
#1 of 1 in Troy

Been to Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!