Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Albermarle
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Concord Hotel(Concord)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskstay there againwi fifree breakfastthird floorwithin walking distanceroom was clean and comfortableparking lothurricanehousekeepingrepairpillowsfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I filled out the survey that the hotel emailed to me but they rejected it due to the content or inaccurate information. I was honest and gave them high scores! The hotel was ok. The front desk was nice but impossible to get a hold of if you're trying to call them from the room. I found a towel with a brow stain on it! I asked housekeeping to give us more towels. The location of the hotel was perfect for my stay. You can walk to Applebee's and Walmart. I paid more per night at this location than I would at a nicer hotel in my home city Charlotte, NC. The best part of the stay was that the wedding group I was with were on the Same floor I was.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Albermarle, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Melvcookie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, it seems that we fell short of your expectations in some areas particularly the front office and housekeeping services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 13, 2013

we are disaster victims and when we were oordered out of our home because of mold for 2-6 weeks, we needed an inexpensive rate because our mold is not covered by insurance. my sister just had knee surgery and I am on oxygen from the mold. when we drove up, the desk person was outside, smoking with another person, he came in and when I told him our story, I also added we had AAA, AARP, even a government discount. he said the only rate he could give us was $87.00 a night???! This is not only higher than the government contract rate, and higher than the rate I could book online! I asked him if he could call the manager and see if he would offer a lower rate, but he refused! Then he went back outside to smoke with his friend. I'm going to cut up my Holiday inn membership. Albemarle is in the middle of knowhere and that rate is the highest of any hotel in the county, try the Best Western instead.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Albermarle, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear trekkergirl1701,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

We read with much concern the troubles you had with us. I sincerely apologize for the service you received was less than satisfactory and truly sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your standards. This is definitely not usual in our hotel as we always strive to deliver the highest level of service and customer care to all our guests.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Outdoor pool with patio area clean spacious. Great receptionist on night shift. Relatively newly updated spacious king rooms. Mini bar area with fridge microwave sink and upper cabinets. Huge bathroom. Great comfortable bed with both firm and soft pillows ( pillow cases even mark which are firm and soft). Great nights stay for business or family. Applebee's just across parking lot too

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Flyinpig918
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is truly a great hotel with great staff. Breakfast was great and the person who prepared the food was extremely nice and helpful. Great stay. The hotel was very clean and I would reccommend this hotel to any one visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lashawnkc
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm originally from Albemarle and we return twice each year and stay at HIE. It's a good value, centrally located, and the staff are extremely friendly. The only down side is the smoking allowed in certain guest rooms. It wafts out into the hallways and can be a bit much for those of us not used to cigarettes. Otherwise, the breakfast is the same nice spread from all HIEs and the grounds are attractive. The only problem that we've ever had is the lack of parking when they have work crews staying in the hotel. Twice we've just had to leave our car sitting by the curb at check-in when we were out late (10pm). Thanks for reading.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple