“Quaint Lunch Spot”

Off the Square
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Albemarle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Off the Square is a casual upscale restaurant focused on creating an unforgettable dining experience by using local ingredients to craft gourmet cuisine from scratch. Along with our house-made appetizers, entrees, and desserts, we feature a carefully selected assortment of wines, spirits, and craft beers. We strive every day to provide courteous service and a welcoming atmosphere. Off the Square is one of five NC restaurants that were recognized for featuring locally grown, raised, caught and made products during the second annual "Dig Into Local Best Menu NC" contest by the NC Department of Agriculture!
Reviewed July 13, 2012

On a business trip, and we were working just a block away from Off the Square. This is a small, boutique type restaurant, with good soups, salads, and sandwiches. My coworker ordered the BLT, which looked delicious with a hefty portion of bacon. I ordered the cheeseburger - maybe not the best option for lunch because I believe that it resulted in a very slow turn-around time for our order. The burger was good, not as juicy as I like, but it had a good flavor.

This is a bustling little restaurant, and obviously very popular with the locals. It is good, I just wish the kitchen would have been a little more prompt in getting the meal out to the table.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Finally! A nice place to visit in Albemarle. A warm relaxing place to share a nice glass of wine, great appetizers and wonderful foods to choose from! Perfect place for special nights out or just for a relaxing glass of wine in a nice restaurant. Albemarle was in need of a 'cultured' restaurant and "Off the Square" delivers! I'm go back ..again and again!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just go and see for yourself. My side loved the mismatched plates and the wine list.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had wanted to try based on excellent reviews on Trip advisor. We were thrilled to have another choice in Albemarle. The restaurant is sized more like a cafe, but we had no trouble getting a table on a Friday night. Ambience is pleasant and casual, and server was extremely attentive and friendly. My husband had the ribeye, which was very tasty but we wished the cut would be slightly thicker. The other two entrees we tried were the crab cakes and beef brisket. Both were done very well. We enjoyed our meal and having a place in Albemarle with real food, read drinks, and a real chef! Will return I'm sure.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Had an outstanding experience here with friends who recently moved to Albemarle. The strawberry soup and butterscotch creme brulee were so delicious,and the service was friendly and professional.I wish this restaurant was in my neighborhood in Seattle because I would be a regular patron. Highly recommended!

Been to Off the Square? Share your experiences!