“Laid Back Atmosphere”
Review of hana SAKE bar

hana SAKE bar
Ranked #130 of 38,516 Restaurants in Osaka
Description: hana SAKE bar is the place to be if you like to try Japanese liquors especially SAKE. We offer sake and many other liquors from all over Japan. Our friendly English speaking staff will explain all about sake and enhance your Japan experience as well as have fun times together.
Reviewed June 7, 2019

I'm usually one who loves a cold beer at the end of the day but when in Rome...err, make that when in Japan... why not try the sake. I had no previous experience with sake at all so the flight tasters were the perfect introduction along with a gal behind the bar who knew sake. I found my taste seemed to favor the medium dry over a sweet. The small plates of nuts and cheese really compliment the tastes as well. By the end of the tasting I decided to try a glass of a sake that I liked. Because I was staying at the hostel upstairs I wasn't worried about getting too tipsy. The decor was calm and relaxing with a very laid back atmosphere. Opening at 6pm, it was pleasant to talk with the knowledgeable server. I came down one more evening during my stay to have a glass of sake. I was glad I ventured away. from my usual beer and now have found sake to be a new change of pace and I am enjoying it at home now too. Thank you for introducing me to ice cold sake.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Really friendly owner. Was there with a friend and we had never had sake before. T
he bartender was really helpful and all to a low price! Endes up spending the entire evening at this bar.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Never had sake before in my life. So having it for the first time in Japan was awesome. Going here was a great experience. The bar tender was super helpful in helping me and my boyfriend pick some sakes to try. He recommended a fruity flavor sake to us and it was really good. When asking for another type of liquor he suggested a yuzu flavor and it was amazing. He really knew what he was talking about and made it a very enjoyable experience. The atmosphere of the bar was also very nice. The people in there were all travelers as well and all very friendly and talkative. It was a good place to try sake and have some good times with strangers

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Excellent sake and service. Strongly recommended for sake enthusiasts and novices alike. The owner is friendly and speaks great English to boot. Cozy environment but wasn’t overly packed when we were there.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2017

This is a very nice little bar! It had character and a lot of different kinds of sake. On the walls, it was explained from which region the different sake originated from and how they taste. Unfortunately, we only discovered this after our 4th carafe. :)
The staff were friendly, despite not talking too much English. All in all, it was a very nice experience.

Date of visit: August 2017