Cross Hotel Osaka
$199
$116
Rakuten Travel
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
$227
$231
$170
Travelocity
1,535 results
All reviewsnamba stationgreat locationglico manbig bathtubwet roomentertainment districtgreat bathroomboutique hotelstreet foodminute walkdouble roomgood sizejapanese standardsdotonbori areashower areanon smoking roomshopping and dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the best hotel we stayed in Japan!

We did book the superior double room for ¥36,000 for 2 nights. In Australia you would pay more than that to be in the centre of town.

When we checked in, reception were ok, not as friendly and hospitable than other hotels we stayed at in Japan.

The location is great, probably it's best feature... It's nice the life of Osaka is at your doorstep, especially if you like walking around late at night, you don't have to worry about public transport. The Dotonbori area is just around the corner where you can see the neon lights and the Glico Running Man! Shinsainashi arcade and Shinsaibashi station are 5 min walk away. Perfect area for people watching too.

The room itself had a slight boutique feel with a small desk which my partner loved, without cramping the room. The bed was comfortable and had the buckwheat pillows which didn't bother us too much as we'd been sleeping on one for the past 4 nights before.

The bathroom was nice. English instructions for using the air con is provided, this was the only hotel we stayed at that had it. Unfortunately no English speaking channels on TV (just even one news channel would be nice!) ;)

We loved this hotel and found it best for design and location.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed at so many hotels in Japan and I must say, this hotel stands out location wise. However, this is not a hotel I would ever go back to nor would recommend. The location is the only thing going for this place.

Stayed at the St Regis (a bit of a walk to the main attractions) for several days and decided to extend our stay. Cross Hotel was one of the few hotels that still had rooms so decided to move. Having read good reviews, we decided to go for it.

In Japan, service has always been above average to excellent. Never been disappointed. However, the minute I walked in Cross Hotel, I had a feeling of regret. It was dark and had a not so pleasant smell. But, I wanted to give this hotel a chance. Got a western front desk person who seemed to be having a very bad day. Missing was the warmth of Japanese hospitality. She will give Japanese hospitality a bad name. I just held my tongue and let her check us in. After, the hotel manager greeted us and helped us with the check in process. This manager embodied the epitome of Japanese graciousness. But it all goes downhill from here.

The room- it has seen better days. Mind you, this hotel does not come cheap. The room looked more like a rundown motel room than the upscale boutique hotel they claim to be. Very far from the website photos. Not even close. The walls have probably not been cleaned in a decade. Every wall had black skid marks from top to bottom. Looked really dirty and dingy. The carpet, there must be stuff growing on it already. And the smell ? It was like there was a dead rat living with us. And to top it all of, I mentioned at the front desk to the western girl that checked us in that I have really bad allergies to smoke and mildew. Of course, she ignored this request and gave us a smoking floor room. The strange part is, they had rooms available in the non-smoking room . But she insisted there were none. I was doubtful so I checked availabilities on line, and of course, they did have rooms available still on the non-smoking floors.

They provide one tiny pillow that is more like a sand bag . Really uncomfortable, stiff and woke up after the first night with a sore neck and an ache in my upper shoulders. I tried to have it change. But I just got another negative response.

The bathroom- a very good size bathroom and great power shower. But the walls had weird dark yellow stains and the stool provided had yellow stains on it too

And now , I am going home from Osaka with a sore neck plus a terrible case of cough and congested sinuses brought about by the smoke on the floor. For the first time since I have been coming to Japan, I am leaving disappointed and with bad memories.

The sad part is, when I did mention to the manager what happened , I just got a stoic blank stare and bowing of head. It’s like everything I said fell on deaf ears.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank stspostcards
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed in several hotels all around Japan. Some of them have great location with small rooms and vice versa. Cross had the unique combination of amazing location and comfort. The rooms are surprisingly spacious and geared towards comfort. The bathrooms also are spacious and the toilets come with english translation. The location cannot be beat. You are next door to the odontobori area. It has a multitude of restaurants and shops. The key is to book early in order to find great deals.

Room Tip: book early and ensure non-smoking
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank torrag21
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for most my stay in Osaka, the staff are helpful, friendly and speak good English.
For me these are very important when I stay in a hotel, also the wifi is is fast and consistent, so recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Osaka.
The location is great with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops nearby!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Joewe66
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location, right in the centre of all the shops, bars and restaurants. And just a 10 minute walk to as aka castle- which is a must if the weather is nice.
Rooms were a decent size for japan and very comfortable. For the price this is an excellent option when in Osaka.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple