“Most beautiful dinner I’ve ever had”
Review of Ajikitcho Bunbuan

Ajikitcho Bunbuan
Reserve a Table
Ranked #414 of 38,519 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: With branches in Honmachi and Horie in Osaka, Ajikitcho Bunbu-an has won the Michelin award for four consecutive years. Multi-course meals are served using fresh seasonal ingredients and seasonal food so the menu changes with each season. Full-course lunch and dinner is served in order and nicely presented on traditional Japanese dishes. A truly unique and traditional Japanese experience where you can enjoy the cuisine, atmosphere, hospitality, and relax in an oasis of serene tranquility, taking in the feeling of each Japanese season with all of your five senses. Enjoy each moment and savor the refined taste of authentic Japanese cuisine at Ajikitcho Bunbu-an.
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

With a toddler in tow, it was tough finding a Keiseki style dinner that was spacious for us to enjoy our first meal in Japan. I also wanted to try a Michelin star restaurant and it completely met my expectations. You do need to pre order and pre pay online. We got the chef’s special for dinner and the kids bento. The kids bento was amazing and what a deal because my kiddo got a lot of items that we also ate !

I would recommend this place for space, comfort, taste and presentation. The staff are very accommodating and even the online consierge was helpful in ensuring we had a high chair for our kid and we got upgraded to a private room for no extra charge.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant hidden under the basement of St Regis Hotel Osaka serves traditional kaiseki cuisine. We ordered their 8-course Wakana set from their lunch menu, all of the dishes were beautifully plated and served by patient staff. They knew we were tourists so they left ample time for us to take pictures and explained in detail the origin and ingredients of the dish.
It was a cold day, and one of the guests were pregnant so they brought her a blanket to make sure she’s warm.
Very enjoyable meal. You can see a lot of effort has been put into each dish.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank JLamLam
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Reservations were required and done via an online reservation website. You would have to pre-select the number of courses you’d like and the cost would be charged to your credit card.

At reservation point, you are required to enter your dietary needs/allergies etc. The chef will prepare your courses based on that. You will not know exactly what you’ll get until it’s time to eat!

Food presentation was good and portions seemed tiny. My friends joked we’d have to get a snack after lunch. However 1.5 hours later, we were all stuffed. No snacks required.

Server doesn’t speak much English but managed to explain the dishes.

Truly recommend this experience - Michelin star restaurant at an affordable cost.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank LynD827
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We went here for lunch and were not disappointed. We had the eight course lunch meal which was not only delicious but also beautifully presented. Our experience was enhanced by the fact that we had our own private room. Service was excellent. I would have loved to had more time in Osaka- we would have gone back. Excellent value.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 18, 2018

Visited Horie (2 star Michelin) on 10 April 2018, a party of 4 pax.
We were anticipating a wonderful experience.
Choosing the 20k Yen lunch kaiseiki meal per pax, the food served was totally not worth the price!
With the add ons Sake we paid for....
We all felt that it's the most disappointing meal for our 8 days Japan trip.

There are repeated items on the menu, like sea bream and salmon.
It was served up to 2 times each fish done in different ways...though practised in certain places but it wasn't even good.
Eg. there was a pan seared salmon, it was very dry and extremely fishy. The hardest and driest salmon I've eaten :(
This was also a main dish.

Being foodie, we travel to restaurants/ places to explore the efforts of the chef, their presentation, menu, taste, food and experience. This has to be the worst meal for my friends and I.

I booked this restaurant under my concierge japan, the service and respond by the customer service was prompt and very informative.
Recommendations on many other restaurants was shared too.
But the curious and stubborn us chose to stick to Ajikitcho Horie.

I am sure there are many great restaurants out there.
Foodies out there, I must say that you should totally give this place a miss.

Date of visit: April 2018