“"Perfect hotel with the value and location"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Business Hotel Nissei

Business Hotel Nissei
Ranked #115 of 295 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“"Perfect hotel with the value and location"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Excellent hotel of this class...Good location. Hotel kept extremely clean as well as the room. Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gracelyn_Tong
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel in Osaka. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Osaka and are pleased that you found your stay in our hotel pleasant. We appreciate your kind words about our establishment.

We pride ourselves on our location - just 3 minutes walk from Namba Nankai station, and are happy that you feel the same. We would like to apologise if our staff were not able to properly guide you, and we have just recently hired some staff capable of conversing in English.

We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay. Please do show us this review the next time you visit us so that we can extend a courtesy discount for you in your next stay. We are honoured to have had the pleasure of serving you, and would love to see you back again in the foreseeable future!

Raymond Chua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was in Osaka from 17 to 27 Jan 2014 with 4 of my friends and we stayed in Business Hotel Nissei. During this period. I have to say that I am extremely satisfied with the service and amenities that this hotel provided. The hotel staff was very polite and kind in providing us with directions to certain landmarks in Osaka. I stayed in a 3 person room with 2 of my friends and even though the room wasn't very big, it was very clean and comfortable. There are also many TV channels for us to watch. Language wise, some of the staff do speak English and Mandarin, so communication will not be of a problem. One good thing that I like about this hotel is the free wifi with a wide and strong coverage. In addition, it is located just within a 5-10 minutes walk from the Namba station, Doutonbori street and Shinsaibashi. The hotel room charges are also very affordable and relatively cheap compared to other places. All in all, I would definitely choose Hotel Nissei when I visit Osaka again in the near future. Good job Hotel Nissei!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kimsoon88
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hotel Nissei for your stay here in Osaka. We hope you found your stay here enjoyable and Osaka pleasant enough to warrant a second visit!

We are glad to see that you found our hotel location to be convenient and our service staff attentive to your needs. It is true that in Japan, the language barrier can be a problem, so we at Hotel Nissei endeavour to help our guests with all their requirements by hiring multilingual staff.

We are pleased that you appreciate our free high speed wifi. We understand the important role that the internet plays in this day and age and strive to provide the best service possible to all our business as well as tech savvy guests.

We are honoured to have had the pleasure of serving you, and look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Thus, we would like to extend a courtesy discount for you for your next stay. Please show us this review to enjoy a 10% discount on our advertised rates!

Best regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My 3 friends and i stayed at Hotel Nissei on our trip in November 2013. It wasnt the easiest to find since this was our first stay there, but subsequently, it was easy peasy. The hotel is less than a 5 minutes walk to dotonbori streetm, with abundant of food even at night, and the ever lively streets down the corner. Namba station is around 5 minutes walk away, a short walk especially when the weather is so awesome.

The service staffs was smiley and friendly, and check in was efficiently done. The room was cosy and very clean, just enough for us to crash for the night. However, what will bring me stay there again is they have staffs who can speak Mandarin and English fluently!(language barrier, gone!) Although we have done our research prior to the trip, the additional information and advise from the staff was useful. This make me feels a little more at home whenever i reach back at the hotel, at least i dont feel like a mute as much heh.

All in all, thumbs up Hotel Nissei. I will definitely recommend it to my friends travelling down to Osaka.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanya_Faith_Tan
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to see that you found our hotel location to be convenient and our service staff attentive to your needs. The rooms are admittedly a bit dated, but we are in the midst of modernizing our facilities.

Please show us this review so that we can extend a courtesy discount for you in your next stay. We are honoured to have had the pleasure of serving you, and look forward to having you with us again in the near future!

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was in Osaka from 9th-18th Dec 2013. As it was a last minute trip, we selected Business Hotel Nissei on a whim. And boy, were we so glad of our hasty decision.

The trip from Kansai International Airport to Hotel Nissei was a breeze. The Nankai Line(orange in colour) took about 45mins to travel from the Airport station to Nanba Station. I was later informed that there was another line(rapid) that takes only 35mins and comes with reserved seatings. The travel fares are 890JPY and 1100JPY respectively.

The walk from Nanba Station to Hotel Nissei proved to be quite a challenge initially. The directions online were vague and I had to enlist the help of a fellow Japanese to help me. Thankfully, the bowling alley beside Hotel Nissei proved to be a popular landmark and thus after a short 5mins walk, I was finally at Hotel Nissei!

The hotel staffs are friendly and accommodating. Their services were prompt and I got through the initial registration process swiftly. One nice gesture from the hotel is the provision of umbrellas for their customers. You can never be too sure of the unpredictable weather there.

For the price of 4990JPY that I paid, there was nothing more I could have asked for. The room had all the basic amenities. Bed is queen sized(or at least bigger than a Super Single I have back at home), all the basic local TV channels were available, and the toilet even had a bathtub!(although a tad small, but non the less a welcoming feature). Best of all, the price tag includes a continental breakfast buffet. The breakfast spread contains bread, jam, butter, potato salad, hard-boiled eggs, coffee and orange juice.

There were plenty of shop houses nearby. You literally can't starve around the area as there are plenty of 24hours eateries and convenience stores. If you are a ramen lover, Osaka's number 1 choice for Ramen, Ichiran is just a short 10mins walk away.(Located along the Dotonbori Canal). Want other famous ramen alternative? Ippudo is also 10mins walk away whereas Kinryu has multiple outlets in that area(roughly 5mins walk).

The wet market(Kuromon Ichiba) nearby was an eye-opener too. Not to be confused with other wet market like Tsukiji, the hygiene standard is on a whole different level. The floors are dry and clean, something rarely associated with wet markets. Once again, there are plenty of food choices available. The wet market is a 5-10mins walk away.

For a night of drinking, head over to Dotonbori. You will never run out of options to choose. From clubs, pubs to Yakitori shops and takoyaki shops etc. Yes you head me right! There are reputed Yakitori and takoyaki shops famous for their drinks and food. Traveling alone at night is not advisable though as along with the abundance of drinking joints, there are bound to be sleazy outlets as well.

For shopping, Shinsaibashi-suji is a 10-15mins walk away. International brands like Uniqlo, Zara etc can all be found there.

For Pachinko lovers, I've counted around 4 huge outlets near the hotel's estate.

Unfortunately, I completely missed the Den Den Town that is famous amongst anime and manga lovers :(

Would I return to stay with Hotel Nissei again? Definitely! In fact, I am already in the midst of planning yet another Osaka revisit. It is going to be even more awesome with some well-thought plannings!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank weidin88
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your positive comments about our hotel in Osaka and for sharing your experiences and knowledge of the hotel and the areas surrounding it.

I am glad to see that you like our hotel location and have had a comfortable stay with us. Our staff are always willing and able to see to it that your needs are catered to, and we are glad that we managed to meet your expectations.

We are honoured to have had the pleasure of serving you, and look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Nissei!

Warm regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

It does not take me long to decide to book this hotel for my 3 nights stay in Osaka from 16 Nov 2013.

Browsing through some reviews on this hotel, noticed some reviewers had returned to stay in this hotel whenever they revisited Osaka. The price is also too good to resist, so I booked without any hesitation. I am glad I did so :)

Location is excellent! Just minutes away from Namba station and Nippombashi station.

Direction to hotel:
From Namba stn central exit near Takashimaya, via Nankai Dori on the right
From Nankai Namba stn, via Nippombashi Bashi East exit, cross the road and walk straight into short alley, turn left and once out of ally, hotel is just on your right abt 200 steps away.
From Nippombashi Stn exit 5, walk straight and turn right at the fourth alley with a furniture dori signboard at the alley entrance.

Travelling:
From Namba Nankai station (about 5 minutes walk west of hotel), Nankai Airport Express to/from KIX airport.

From Nippombashi station (3 minutes walk north of hotel), I took Sennichimae line to Tamagawa to get to Osaka Fish market Endou Sushi, and Kintetsu Line to Nara for deer park and temples.

Food:
Restaurants and eateries all around once you stepped out of your hotel.
To the east across the road, you have the Kuromon market.
To the west just steps away, along Nankai Dori with shops and eateries. I like the Okonomiyaki and Yakisoba in a restaurant named Chibo along this dori.
To the north just steps away, Sennichimae Dori with many shops and eateries, and leading to Dotonburi about 10 minutes walk.

For comics and anime lovers, Den Den town is just about 5 minutes walk south of the hotel.

Room:
Small but clean and cosy. Toilet is the usual small standard size with bathtub. Wifi available in room which is great. There is a small fried, TV and kettle. I have comfortable sleep on all nights

Free Breakfast:
Simple but good enough. Coffee, Orange juice, Toast bread with jam or butter, hard boiled eggs.

Hotel staff is polite and helpful. Some of the staff can speak simple English and heard one staff spoke Chinese as well. Happened to chat with the manager and was surprised to hear that he is from Singapore as well, just like me.

Overall, glad to stay in this hotel which is nice and location is excellent. Everything is easy from getting food, walking to nearby shopping and most important for me, the ease to get back to airport with extra luggage, where the station is just a short walk away.

I will definitely stay in this lovely hotel again if I revisit Osaka.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank frankie6731
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel in Osaka and more importantly, for sharing your experiences and knowledge of the hotel and the areas around it.

I am glad to know you like our hotel location and have had a comfortable stay with us.

We certainly look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Nissei!

Warm regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Excellent location which was easy to find following the directions given by the hotel, just 10 mins walk from osaka-namba station . Despite, being just a stone's throw away from the heart , buzz and excitement of downtown Dotonbori, it's located in a quiet street.I would say that the hotel is dated but it's clean and the beds are comfortable. Excellent price with breakfast thrown in (can't find better in Japan). Breakfast is simple consisting of hard boiled eggs, buns and coffee/tea (all you can eat). Even though the menu is the same everyday, it's ok as you can find excellent food around the area for lunch/ dinner. If you are on a tight budget, it may also be worthwhile to check out the Takashyimaya foodcourt after 7pm when all the food is sold off for the day at 30% discount !! Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We appreciated their efforts to give directions even though some could not speak English and we do not speak Japanese :-)) . Would certainly consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: remember to request for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ebony07
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel in Osaka. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Osaka and are pleased that you found your stay in our hotel pleasant. We also appreciate your kind words about our establishment.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staff is warm and friendly. Our room is quite basic and small, but very well maintained, super clean!! Their housekeeping staff is very detailed oriented. I highly recommend Hotel Nissei. You are a block away from Kuromon Ichiba (Market) and at the quite end of the Namba shopping streets/arcade, yet still right by the Namba station. Takashimaya's flagship department store is about a 3 min walk away.

Room Tip: Please keep in mind the semi-double room is really quite small for two people.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luch209
hotelnissei, General Manager at Business Hotel Nissei, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Osaka. We hope you had a pleasant stay and appreciate your comments about our hotel.

We are pleased that you found our hotel up to your expectations, and our staff attentive to your needs. We pride ourselves on the location of our hotel, and are in the midst of upgrading our rooms.

We are honoured to have had the pleasure of serving you and would love to see you back again soon.