Hotel Shin Osaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$191
$153
$117
$153
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
$124
$184
$98
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbullet traineast gatestayed for nightsfamily martshintwinelevatorluggagelocationplatformkobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We liked it so much, we event went there twice. The first time we were in a very small but nice room, the second time we had a twin bed room with more space.
It was very clean, staff nice (even though with not so many English skills) and it's very convenient to have the railway station with all the restaurants so close.
The hotel was easy to find, as you see the back entrance right away when you come out of the east exit.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sommerfugle
Reviewed May 27, 2010

location---Very convenient, just nearby Shin Osaka station, where you need to use if you take a bullet train in Osaka.
noice--the room I stayed at had thin walls. I heard noices at night from the hall.
cleanness--it's clean enough.
Floor----my room had all fake wood flooring and it was a little chilly to my feet.
Breakfast--okay. Japanese style plus a little western. Buffet style
room---Small as other Japanese rooms.
Overall--if you are just looking for the location for a night before bullet train ride in the early morning, it's ok but other than that, don't expect much.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank LightningLite
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Shin Osaka JR shinkansen station. Also because availability was very limited during our visit due to many festivals. The location was great for us, as we were mainly visiting Kyoto, which was only 15 minutes away by train.
The hotel is a little on the tacky side, but o.k. for the price. It is clean, has basic amenities, and the staff is friendly. Finding the entrance to the hotel was a challenge, as it is a very small entrance hidden between the stores. Once you go in, you walk into this long hallway to the main hotel lobby.
If you're looking for a budget hotel with a good location, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronin28
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I chose this hotel because of its location and because nearly all other hotels were already booked.

The location is extremely convenient if you arrive via shinkansen. The hotel was right across the street from the east exit (don't be sketched out by the appearance, it's nicer inside), which now has a functioning elevator. After ditching your bags, it's easy to catch either the JR line into Osaka or the Midosuji line.

The room and hallways smelled strongly of slightly-used cleaner, which I suppose is better than smelling like urine like someone else mentioned, but I never got used to it. My bathroom was pretty dingy, and the shower curtain had lots of mold at the bottom. Everything else seemed clean and in good shape, if time worn.

The one thing that made this hotel stand out was the massage chair. When I first went up to my room, it seemed kind of odd and out of place - especially since there wasn't a lot of free room to start. After tromping all around Osaka and dragging my sore and tired feet back to the hotel, that chair was a *blessing*.

Note - I had a "Good-night Single", which I think was a few extra dollars than a normal room.

My advice is to shop around and see if you can find a place that's a little newer and a little cleaner, but if this is all that's available, it's not a bad choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Me and my partner stayed for three nights in the Shin-Osaka Hotel, the room was roomy with two big sized twin beds , no wardrobe for hanging clother but coat hangers and hooks on the wall. . It is in a very good location just being opposite the Shinkenshen JR station(the reason we booked here) Not too many staff spoke English, but we got by . While the room and the bathroom looked clean the bathroom had a strong smell of urine. Possibly because the shower area was actually outside the bath, After running shower for sometime we got rid of most of the smell, but think a build up over time has made it difficult to completely remove . as we were out most of the day and nights we were there we did not complaint to the management , on reflection we should have.the onlyhotel we stayed at in Japan that offered us a free breakfast. . Would possibly stay here again if only for the location and the ease to catch Shinkoshen . Recommend with reservations Les Breen

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple