Review Highlights
A Gut Bustingly Good Night Out

I wish they played more often than once a month! I'd been looking forward to a Pirates of the... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2018
BryanBaier
Osaka, Japan
Gut busting laughs!

I've lived in Osaka for almost 5 years and I've just recently finally went to a show and I'm... read more

Reviewed February 24, 2015
Jasonius81

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Osaka
from $18.20
More Info
from $36.40
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2015

I was told about this group by a friend who is into improv comedy. As I am living in Osaka I thought I`d check it out. These guys are funny!! I really love the way they involve the audience use humour that translates across all levels. Really worth checking out!

1  Thank Michael B
Bill R, Manager at Pirates of the Dotombori, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2015

Thanks a lot for your review, Michael! We hope you come back to a show soon to enjoy all of the crazy and unrealistic things we can come up with for you! You must feel so lucky to have such an amazing co-worker!

Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to catch the Pirates on my flying visit to Osaka and what a treat it was. The Pirates employ a unique bilingual approach to their improv comedy which keeps everyone involved and laughing.

We caught them at a fabulous rooftop bar and had a brilliant evening. If you are in town for one of their shows I can't recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank Eviltrav
Bill R, Manager at Pirates of the Dotombori, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2014

So glad the timing worked out that you could catch a quick show while in town!
Thx so much for the great review!
Hope you can make it back again soon!!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was the second time we saw the troupe perform. Still amazed at how they take ideas from the audience and quickly turn them into a fun comedy show. Bill Reilly is fantastic - I don't think he ever turns it off. Other members of the troupe also quickly grab an idea and run with it.

We took our friend to see this one, at Ands Tartines, and he also thoroughly enjoyed the show.

3  Thank KevinRiley-Osaka
Bill R, Manager at Pirates of the Dotombori, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Hi Kevin!

Thank you so much for the kind words and of course, HUGE laughs at our shows. I'm super glad you and Rieko have been having such a nice time! I'll see you guys at the next one... Hope you're having a great summer!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Saw them perform a bilingual show that was a lot of fun and something really unique to see. The language mix (I don't know any Japanese) was interesting as half the audience would laugh at one thing, and the other half at another; not to mention the times where it was funny to all. Definitely worth seeing a show if you can. How often can you see improv in Osaka? A unique night for all.

2  Thank CheapJustice
Bill R, Manager at Pirates of the Dotombori, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank u so much for the awesome recommendation!
Glad u enjoyed the language mix as much as we do...a little confusion is always fun やんか!
Hope to have you at a show again soon!!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I love comedy and I especially love improv comedy. It was great to find a group of English-speaking improvisers in the middle of the amazing city of Osaka. I've seen them perform and they are a hilarious bunch. If they have a show when you're passing through, I would highly suggest adding them to your itinerary.

3  Thank wluera

Thanks so much for the kind words, Will!
We can't wait to see you again in Osaka soon!!