Hotel Il Cuore Namba
Travelocity
$215
$172
  • Pool
All reviewsfree coffeefamily martgreat locationkansai airportwalking distanceeconomy double roomtakashimaya mallminute walkmidosuji linehotel is modernvending machinedotonbori areanankai expressmain roadlobby areastrategic locationopen the window
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A few minutes walk from the Namba stations and all their associated services; restaurants, shopping malls, department stores. Very easy access from Kansai Airport. Excellent service and facilities a cut above the usual Japanese business hotel although the prices are about the same as the competition. Room was modern, clean, fully equipped and everything worked. Room had a panoramic view of Osaka. An ideal base for exploring Osaka region.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ocassi0nal_Traveller
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights only and we choose it for its very good location. We arrived there very tired at 2PM and our room wasn't ready and a lady from the reception emphasized that the check-in begins at 3PM and they can't help us until then. Didn't like her attitude and the look she gave us at all, not to mention that it's hard to believe they didn't have one free, clean room at that hour.
The rooms are very small - we knew that when we booked it - but modern and clean.
Didn't like the breakfast, it was very poor, we just ate there once.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACodr
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had to attend a Karate World Cup in Osaka and our hosts put all teams up at the Il Cuore. Prior to departing checked it out on the map to be able to get to it easily from the railway station. It was about 2 minutes walk from Namba Osaka Station and walking distance to Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi and most importantly, the tournament venue was just down the side road.

We stayed for 4 nights and I had a single room which was small room but clean and comfortable. Checking in we had some difficulties as the staff was not too good with English and as two of my team members came in at later stages, they could not understand. They also wanted me to pay for one other South African who was not sponsored but who had not arrived yet and I said he would pay when he arrives as that was his responsibility, which took some time to sink in.

There seemed to be no English channel on tv, but I basically only slept in the room, so it was not an issue. I also struggled to get a good wi-fi connection in the room so mostly sat in the foyer to connect as did many of the other foreign competitors. Being in the lobby was great because they had a free coffee machine that was well used.

We only had breakfast which seemed to lean more to Japanese food than western, but it was ok as I could eat of it. What was particularly good about the location was that there was a Book Off bookstore just down the road, many-many food places and the Subway where I could enjoy meals was about 5 minutes walk away. The station had a big department store and McDonald's was close by, next to the hotel was a small convenience store, so as a location it was perfect.

I was leaving for Tokyo from the hotel, but my bus was only late the evening and I could leave my luggage in the loby and go out with no issues. The hotel also had no problem with all the teams checking out and staying in the lobby until they departed for the airport or wherever they went.

What was particularly novel after last having been in Japan 20 years ago, was the automated toilets - really cool as as the hand dryer in the lobby toilet - you put your hands in the dryer and thus excess water does not drip on the floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hoosainnarker
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was stay here 2 night during my vacation. The location is very good because it is only 5 minutes walk to Namba station. there were restaurants, mini markets, drug store near the hotel. They also have laundry machine inside the hotel. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. I was a bit apprehensive as it was very affordable, compared to my other hotels. However, I was very pleased with the amenities it offered and the great location was faultless.

I took the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin Osaka using the JR Pass and transfer to the Midosuji Subway Line and stopped at Namba Station. This namba station (midosuji subway line) was the nearest to the hotel. After which was getting my orientation right and making used of the underground passage ways to get to the nearest exit.

The hotel room was a little small but was sufficient for both of us. All the standard amenities you expected to find in a Japanese hotel were present (yukata, slippers, boiler, bathtub etc).

It was conveniently located at Namba and there were full of buzz everywhere. Takashimaya was just round the corner, Dotombori and the infamous Glico man was just a 15mins nice walk away.

I visited Koyasan and the train departed from the Nankai Namba station which was directly opposite the hotel. I also took the Nankai Airport train to Kansai International Airport on my departure day.

For the price I paid, I really had nothing to complain about. I would stay here once more if I ever were to visit Osaka again.

• Stayed: July 2013