“Great location, great price!”
Review of Dotonbori Hotel

Dotonbori Hotel
Ranked #7 of 321 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it to be really good. We booked through Japanican website and paid about 8,000 yen for 2 people per night, which was cheaper than what was on the hotel website. There is free internet in the lobby (2 computers) and free internet in the room if you have your own computer, also free bottled water in the room which is nice. Rooms are small, so don't expect too much, but they are very clean. They are good for sleeping, but you would not want to spend too much time in them. Bathrooms are also small, but very clean.

Staff were helpful, they speak english and can store your luggage. There are vending machines on a few floors. We had breakfast one morning for 900 yen each, but probably not worth it. There is a convenience store (Lawsons) next door which is handy.

Location is good, near the night life and entertainment area. Also close to JR Namba and Namba stations (5-10 minute walk). Look for the big stone heads out the front of the hotel!

Would stay here again for the price!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicken_features
There are newer reviews for Dotonbori Hotel

Reviewed April 14, 2009

We will be back again for sure, like the reviews say you have a 24 hours convenient store across the road (Family Mart) has bentos and a variety of food and snacks should you be hungry at very reasonable prices. Subway is only minutes away and when you get there from Kansai airport is only a few minutes walk to the hotel. You are also at the doorstep to many restaurants of Dotonbori. Shinsaibashi is also a short walk away. Now the Staff are helpful and friendly as we were tired and waited in the lobby but they told us our room was ready at around 2:30pm which is half an hour early. We opted for the Japanese style room and the futons were very comfortable. There is a room equiped with ice, vending machine(good for a nice hot drink) and a microwave should you need to heat food(note you have an option to have your food nuked at the convenience stores.) Our rooms had all we needed such as toiletries and slippers, lcd tv, internet lan which is free thank god so we could communicate abroad. Although the rooms are small we managed and advise you not to carry a big suit case or alot of luggage if you do a bit of travelling.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TouristWa
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I'm a repeat customer of this hotel. Highly recommend this hotel as it is value for money. The ladies pack is exactly what you get when you stay at Sheraton Grande Disneyland.
This time, I had a bleeding nose. I was scared to be in the room, so I went to the lobby. The staff could see that I was bleeding non-stop. They were very attentive. The male staff brought me a glass of water & a bag of ice. It bleeded more than an hour. There were two female staff, one helped by trying to contact my travel insurance. But no luck.. One number was disconnected, the other was engaged after few attempts.
The female staff suggested to go to the hospital as she explained only doctors in hospitals can speak English (NOT THE CASE). After some convincing by her, I agreed to be taken the hospital. I thought it would cost an arm & a leg (NOT THE CASE), because the staff asked how much would I be prepared to spend.
The female staff had called an ambulance, after some discussion b/w ambulance officer, the ambulance officer recommended the hotel staff to come along to translate due to NO DOCTORS can speak English. Instead the female staff got another younger female staff member to come with me. When we arrived, the young female staff was very attentive and accompanied me all the way & back to the hotel.
I'm very grateful to all the staff at the hotel, especially to all the staff who has helped me through this ordeal being in a foreign place & cannot speak their language. I appreciated what they did for me and cannot thank them enough.
Excellent value, room is small as expected. I even suggested to the young female staff the bathroom needs to be bigger. When compared to the other hotels I had stayed in Japan.
They have free internet access in the lobby...only 1 computer, everyone was very considerate so didnt wait long.
Across the road is a convenient store and chemist. Close to all amenties.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Cute room with lots of amenities like slippers, robes, tea, and a little desk with an internet cable (there's, like, no wireless internet in Japan!). Also nice lotions and such in the bathroom. And a fridge. The decor is kind of tropical but clean looking.

The only major drawback was we couldn't get a double bed room - I wanted a window and my beau wanted nonsmoking so we went with the twin beds with a pillar in the middle of the room. (The hotel website is very clear about the rooms.) It was a little tight with our big suitcases, but perfectly roomy for Japan. Oh, also you have to walk by a lounge/restaurant with smoking to get to the front desk, but that might change - Osaka was in the process of changing the smoking rules.

The minor flaws in the room were a small tear in the wallpaper on the pillar, and the floor crackled a bit in one spot when we walked on it - it's a thin false-wood veneer over some other surface.

Location was great too - right in Dotonbori, but on a quieter block. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Small room but very, very clean. Great location, a few minutes walk from the nightlife yet very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We booked 2 rooms - twin and triple, and considered it a value for money stay. Stayed a total of 4 nights.Easy access from JR Namba and the OCAT building too. The hotel staff recommended that we took the airport bus (from OCAT building) for our returned flight from Kansai Airport. Another cost savings if you're travelling on budget. The bus brings you directly to the area for checkin, saving us great amont of energy lugging our luggages. Eatery and shopping areas are nearby. Staff are helpful, providing us with great information, especially for access to places of interest. Overall, we're happy with the services and our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 8, 2008

We stayed here for only 3 nights and I wish it could have been more. The twin room (with pillar) was small but really only a little smaller than the place we stayed at near Sydney airport and it had all the essentials plus a few unexpected extras too. The bathroom was very small but everything you needed was there and the space wasn't an issue.

The location was great. Close to the subway and an easy train ride into the city plus the the area had a great vibe to it. This was my first trip to Japan and my first few nights were spent there. My only regret was that it wasn't for longer.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family