“located at namba shopping area”
Review of Dotonbori Hotel

Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed October 30, 2012

within walking distance to shinsaibashi and ebisuhbashi shopping area. lots of restaurants and good and yummy food too. free wifi in rooms too. they even let u call your home country free - a great plus. easy to locate hotel as their 4 statues is outstanding. american village is also within walking distance. practically everything is within walking distance. great place to base if you want to venture to Kobe, Kyoto, or nearby suburbs. Hotel would keep your luggage for free if you return and stay before heading to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wh0else
道頓堀ホテル, フロントデスク at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing review about Dotonbori Hotel.
We are delighted that you could spend the nice time.
If you have chance to visit again,
We hope that you come up with Dotonbori Hotel.

Frontdesk:Sakamoto

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We made our booking late and got a good discount. The hotel was not hard to find and with the 4 huge heads outside you can see why. They looked to be Western, Russian, Afro-Caribbean and Chinese but their purpose? No idea.
The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean, functional but small. There was free wifi in the room though so that was a bonus.
We also used the service to send our bags to the hotel we were staying at in Kyoto while we went to Koyasan and Nara. Well worth the money to not have to lug your heavy bags around. the service is called 'Takkyubin' I believe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee D
道頓堀ホテル, front reception at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for Dotonbori Hotel. The four statues you mentioned are four different races, Asian, African, Arabian, and Western. They were created with a desire to welcome guests from all over the world. In fact, most of our customers at our hotel are foreigners. We're very happy about this. You also mentioned about our shipping services. We're glad you were able to send your heavy luggages to your next destination. Thank you again for staying at Dotonbori Hotel.

Hamada

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed at Dotonbori hotel for 2 nights with friends. Our room had a pillar in the middle of the 2 bed. The hotel is small but was pleasantly surprised that the hotel carries everything you may ever need. The lobby has free wifi, a beverage machine that dispenses coffee and tea and hot water. It also has 3 desktop computers with printer with internet that guest may use anytime. They also have 2 massage chair in the lobby.

The breakfast in the hotel was so..so... Was not impressed with their buffet for the price we paid. Location of the hotel was quite far from the hustle and bustle of the Dotonbori Restaurants. You have to cross a big road to get to the restaurant side.

They had a lawson convenience store right across the hotel which was great.

I would recommend this hotel to other budget-travellers.

Room Tip: Economy twin room with a pillar in the middle is okay for only 2 people. It will not fit 3 or more p...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank D_S_LPhilippines
道頓堀ホテル, FRONT ISHII at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your staying our hotel, and also nice, and warmly comment, In your
comment, free wifi, a beverrage machine that dispenses coffee and tea,hot water gives All travelers a plsasant surprise, and taken a rest.and Everdody stayed at our hotel gives saying " A nice location" And That is our sellng-point We think,
From our hotel future, We think We have more higer goal, We will make our hotel more comfortabl and We are going to give our hotel a best try!
Dotonbori-hotel front staff ishii

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our first trip to Japan, arriving into Osaka. Since it was the first hotel we stayed in, we just took it as wonderful friendly, clean, hospitable Japanese, but soon learned after staying in Hiroshima and Tokyo just how wonderful the Dotonbori hotel is. It really sets the standard for other hotels in Japan. Some key points:

1. Yes the rooms are small - that's just Japan. It's cute, and it really shows you that you can still provide great features in a small space. It just teaches you to be "tidier" with your luggage.
2. Food - The breakfasts are very tasty and they do their best to provide a number of Western and Asian options. We were always very impressed with the quality and variety. There's also some of the best food in Osaka close by for you to try. The ocotopus balls are amazing, and lots of bars, noodle places, sushi and the convenience store across the road in case you want a snack!
3. The location - it's a very colourful district of Osaka, but friendly, vibrant, exciting and very close to the station. The hotel even gives free bikes to use - which is a great way for a local explore
4. The staff - by far the most friendliest, helpful, wonderful Japanese who were so eager to please and ensure we were happy.
5. Facilities - Free washing liquid was perfect (other hotels don't do this, and it is annoying having to buy a large container that you won't use much of). We also appreciated the flowers left in our room welcoming us on our honeymoon.

I picked this hotel due to the Trip Advisor rating and I was not disappointed. Trust me, stay at this hotel and it will be a wonderful experience in Japan.

Room Tip: We chose semi-double and it suited a couple just fine. Just expect small (and be amazed at what the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren C
道頓堀ホテル, フロントデスク at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dotonbori Hotel.
All staff is delighted to get your great review.
It really encourage the staff who should aim high quality service.
As you wrote,we provide many different kind of service.
Because,all guest has expectation.
Therefore we are supposed to provide Japanese hospitality to all guest.

Japanese Autumn is the same beautiful as cherry blossam.
Maple is very beautiful.Have you seen them?
I suggest,if you have chance to next visit.
We will welcome your visit then.

Frontdesk:Sakamoto

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Located several mins' walk from Namba Station and entertainment zone, Dotonbori Hotel has friendly and helpful staff, excellent lobby (wii and 5-min free overseas call), and good enough rooms. It is one of the best choices if you are looking for a great combination of price and value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Qin J
道頓堀ホテル, Front Reception at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for Dotonbori Hotel. We're glad you have enjoyed your stay. As you have mentioned, we have great value at affordable prices. This is why we received the best value award by Tripadvisor. Also, it was kind of you mentioning our staff are friendly and helpful. If you have a chance to come back to Osaka in the future, please stay at our hotel again. Thank you.

Hamada

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I simply love this hotel for it's great location that's smacked right in the middle of everything from shopping to food and accessibility to the train stations! The hotel is fantastic too with it's great recommendations on places of interests, restaurants and shopping, free rentals of almost anything from bicycle to toys for kids and nice discounts on food plus free flow of great toiletries! The staffs are commendable for their helpful service too. I would definitely choose this hotel again if i'm coming back to Osaka.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KelineT
道頓堀ホテル, front at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting a review.
I'm delighted to hear you were able to get such a great deal on our location and service.
I trluly hope we will have the plaesure of seeing you back soon.

Sincerly,

Reception, Orio

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night and a Sunday night, and went on a short trip to Kyoto on Saturday.

I didn't know any Japanese at all and found this hotel very easy to find, they had provided directions on their website and a small map. The location is hard to beat, it is right in the heart of Osaka where all the food is and a two minute walk to shinsaibashi street where you can shop your heart out. 5 minutes walk to the subway and 10 minutes walk to the train station made it easy to navigate. If you want to be at a lively location, this is it.

Each of the hotel staff that I talked to were friendly and courteous, they understood basic English and were helpful. Because I went on an overnight trip to Kyoto between my stay here, I had asked to leave my luggage with them while I was out and they agreed to it, no fuss and free of charge. It felt very safe and I wasn't terribly worried about leaving my bag at the hotel.

The rooms I had stayed in were small, couldn't have been more than 10x10 feet for the main room and only enough space to stand in the bathroom, but space was well utilized and I didn't have any problems relaxing in the room. There was only one small window and it didn't open much so anyone looking for lots of natural light and fresh air, this is not for you. It was pretty hot so I just used the ac, personally I found the room adequate for my stay.

What I really liked about my stay was the freebies. Because this was not a five star hotel I hadn't expected so much free stuff! They had hair brush, tooth brush, slippers, free bottle of water, free tea or juice downstairs, the shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the room smelled good and not the crappy kind that I am accustomed to in American hotels, I always bring my own toiletries in fear of trying the free stuff as the scent or chemical content typically does not agree with my sensitive skin. However, I felt brave and tried the soaps at this hotel, and I was glad I did! My skin smelled like green tea and felt really smooth, I loved it! Wifi was easy to log into, they had free laptop rental and free hard wire connection but I just used my iphone in my room. I am sure I did not list all of the free amenities available to me but of the ones I did mention, it was nice to see that it was absolutely no strings attached. This is above and beyond what I could have expected for the price that I paid.

If I do come back to Osaka, I wouldn't mind staying here again. A very good stay and experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank ivyhyng
道頓堀ホテル, フロント at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It seems that you have enjoyed everything about Dotonbori Hotel. We're glad that you have taken advantage of all of the services that we have to offer, such as free drinks, amenities, and rental stuff. It is true that our rooms are small, especially compared to American hotel rooms. But, like you have said it is adequate for a comfortable stay and enough to meet your needs. You also mentioned that you would stay at our hotel again, if you come back to Osaka. We constantly try to improve our hotel, so you may see new services next time you come. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely Yours