All reviewsbreakfast staffdotonbori areaperfect locationfamily roomthe breakfast areawalking distancebottled watersuperior roomrestaurants and shoppingbreakfast was includedair conditioninghotel is locatedtop floorfront officechoose this hotelsubway stationcoin laundry
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

My wife and me stayed 4 nights at this hotel, the room was REALLY dusty and the bed corner close to the wall and window and under the bed need a professional vacuuming service.
We had the same problem since we entered at the restaurant at the 15th floor ...a shame and badly maintened carpet floor . Ok now the breakfast ! The breakfast service is until 10 am but unfortunately around 9:30 they stop to refill/replace and provide, you can see all the staff running around Intending to collect as fast as possible all the dishes and cutlery and the breakfast buffet uncluding food,cleaning the coffe machine and collecting all the tea bags etc... but unfortunately 30/25 min before the breakfast ending time , I don't think it's a professional behaviour and the restaurant manager it's very rude.
NEVER AGAIN IBIS OSAKA SAYONARA !

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Thomas V, Manager at ibis Styles Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear Sgana U,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on Trip Advisor. I am very concerned to read some of your comments and would like to present my most sincere apologies if you have encountered such inconveniences which I believe does not reflect the normal standards of our service.
For me to investigate in details these issues with relevant departments (housekeeping and Food and Beverage), it would be extremely helpful if I could find the details of your stay.
There I would be most grateful if you could take a few minutes to send to my email below your full name, dates of stay and if possible your reservation/confirmation number:
thomas.vidal@accor.com

I sincerely hope I can be in touch with you by mail to collect information, and that you will still consider staying with us again if you return to Osaka, as I am certain that my team and I can offer you a great experience here.

Thank you very much again for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 19, 2017

Management need to change temperature on the room if they want improvement on the hotel. Location, breakfast and staff is good but if room not comfortable is still not a good choice or good standart hotel since hotel is the place for guest to have good rest not for make guest more tired because cannot sleep. This is our 1st time experience stay in hotel with super hot room, call front desk but they just ask u to open window and told that the air conditioner is Centralized. I'm not sure this is hotel or motel, since hotel Should have their standart. Not recomended hotel if you want have good nite sleep! Tourist spend whole day outside and super tired back to room just need a good nite sleep end up awale couple time because so hot and sweating. Breakfast room more cool then the bed room. I'm accor member and always choose accor hotel first before other hotel if have available room, but so dissapointed with Osaka Ibis Style. This is not just one person complaint, when we check out the front desk also got the same complaint from other customer.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank jn882017

Dear jn882017,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and sharing your constructive feedbacks that are extremely helpful for us to identify our areas for improvement.
As mentioned by our team, our air conditioning system is centralized which is often the case for hotel buildings in Japan, and notably several of our direct competitors. We are all punctually facing the same issue when the mode of the central air con system temporarily does not match the outside temperatures when these ones change abruptly. Please be assured that we are considering to invest as a priority in the renovation of this system among our future building maintenance activities.

Than you very much for your attention and best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We were a party of 3 and we found that the room was too small for the three of us and our luggage! Sugiura-san the Front Supervisor was absolutely helpful in find us an alternative room. For some extra charges, we got a family room for our 9 days in Osaka & I was very grateful!
Helpful staff from front office to breakfast .
Conveniently situated near Dotonbori we had very little complaints about our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank LIsmail

Dear LIsmail,
It is a pleasure to see the quality of service of our team being praised in your review, and I am so glad to see that our Front Office Supervisor Sugiura-san was that good that you mention his name.
Thank you very much for your appreciation and please be assured we will share your comments with the team!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 12, 2017

This is my first tripadvisor review and it is long overdue. I booked directly through the Accor website four months in advance. I chose the prepayment option for the lowest rates but my credit card wasn't charged until the day before check-in, which is a good thing. During the period of our stay in late November, most of the hotels in Osaka were priced exorbitantly high. We had stayed in Swissotel Nankai during our previous trip and wanted to book a hotel in the same vicinity for our next trip. Thus, we decided to try Ibis Styles because of its more reasonable rates - 17500 yen per night for the higher Superior Rooms with breakfast and taxes included.

Check-in was a breeze. The Superior Rooms, described as being 24 sqm, felt tight and small. The rooms were renovated but surprisingly, the modular bathrooms were not. The layout could have been planned better to maximize the room size (such as better storage for stuff). In any case, the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and room size was better than average for Japanese standards , so we were generally happy with our rooms. The location is perfect for us since we love the Dotonbori/Namba area: lots of shops and restaurants.

Breakfast was sufficient to get you going for the day. They had a variety of Japanese and Western dishes, though, only one or two dishes were alternately changed on a daily basis. Cleaning ladies were always present to clean and fix the tables so the next guest don't have to wait too long. The longest wait we had to be seated was no more than 5 minutes each morning.

I was really impressed by the excellent service of Thomas Vidal and his team. I had requested reservations at Michelin star restaurants in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe. Thomas and his team painstakingly called multiple Michelin star restaurants in each city to get a reservation for my family. Truly remarkable!!! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the Superior Rooms
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Francis C
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a nice street right off dontobori.. it is walking distance to subways, dontobori, kuromon markets and shinshibashi.
Rooms were good size,and clean, buffet breakfast was a great hit with good variety.
Friendly staff as well is a bonus
Definitely would stay here again

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends