“advise for international travellers”

B&S Eco-Cube Shinsaibashi
Ranked #112 of 239 Specialty lodging in Osaka
Tokyo, Japan
“advise for international travellers”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

people have to understand that at a "capsule hotel" you have yo keep quiet because others are sleeping less than 30cm from you!
don't pack your backpacks and suitcases right in front of your pod, bring them outside the sleeping area and do your packing. if you find that inconvenient, then capsule hotels are not for you.
avoid using plastic bags to carry your stuff in and out the pod, because they make terrible noise. get one of those FUROSHIKIs at a souvenir shop and use it!
a capsule hotel is not a budget hotel. it was created to cater to the japanese business people, who often needs to find a place to stay for the night and comes unprepared.
so when considering a stay in a capsule in japan, be sure to pack extremely light (leave your suitcase at your previous hotel), and keep quiet in the sleeping area (not just inside your pod) to fully enjoy the experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sonorama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

It was a nice experience though as i never sleep in a capsule hotel before.
But
It was really hot in the capsule!! Should have a fan or air conditioner in there or just sleep naked
It was a bit troublesome if you stay for more than one night as u have to check out at around 11am and only can re-check in at 5pm.
Staffs couldnt really speak in english hence it was difficult to ask for something or ask for direction
Otherwise...clean

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Try it. Much much better than I have anticipated. Definitely an experience that should not missed. Everything is so clean. Very safe for girls. You can keep your luggages at the lobby for free before check in.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank avelz
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a stopover in Osaka, so checked in straight from the hotel. Since our flight reached quite late, this option really worked out for us - as check in is at 17:00 and check out was early in the morning. The capsule is quite small, so if you are quite tall I think it might be uncomfortable. Overall the place was clean and good to try out for a single night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Chinese speaking staff member here had the worst hospitality I've experienced my entire life. Without even a greeting, she aggressively just said "GIVE ME YOUR PASSPORT!" and then looked annoyed and upset. She then kicked me and everyone else out since the hotel was closed from 10-5 and the staff did not help when I asked for tourist information. I complained the next morning to her of how it smelled like puke outside the bathroom and that another guest kept making noise all night by blasting the TV and coming in and out in 30 minute intervals. Instead she immediately blamed me and said that the other guest was a long time member so that I must have been lying. I wasn't the only one there with a bad experience, I witnessed many other guests spoken to in an extremely rude tone too. The capsules are smaller and shorter than other capsule hotels so I had to sleep a little sideways and I'm only 5'10" / 177cm. Imagine how other people would fare. The angry staff, the rude treatment, and the subpar facilities left me wanting to cancel the remainder of my booking. Staying here ruined my most of my Osaka experience. At another capsule hotel for my final day, staff was friendly and helpful and gave me tips and advice so I was able to have a great time. For the amount of money, you're better off staying elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Osaka hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were regretted booking this capsule for 4d3n. Its very inconvenience especially you carry huge luggage and do a lot of shopping. There is no space for you to do packing, you have to pack your needed items in a hand carry bag, leave the luggage at the reception. And there's no lift outside eco cube, yes carry your heavy luggage up and down the stairs.

Location, very convenient, walkable distance to subway and shopping areas.

Room, the capsule is extremely humid as in staying in a suana, mini tv above you but limited channels, shower rooms and toilets are very clean. Its kinda noisy especially those we do not sleep early and those woke up extremely early to prepare for next destination.

Staff, attended by a china lady who can speak Japanese. My friend misplaced her luggage key, i checked with her if she happened to see it by chance. She told me, i have to find myself its not her responsibility. I understand its our responsibility. But the way she respond boiled my heart. I asked her again if she sees the key not asking if she can find for us. She replied, no... her colleague or owner of the hostel said she didn't see it too.

after using all sort of method and help from an aussie man to unlocked the luggage, the japanese lady came to us and asked are you ok, that was after 30 mins or so. She went to opened the cubicle and asked if the key was ours. When we unwrapped, I was like what? Why don't u wait till we unlocked our luggage then come and check with us? Seriously, why waited so long then came to us?

Bad impression of their service, nuff say

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank charismamin
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 1, 2014

All the descriptions make it sound like the best capsule hotel ever... "Power outlet and Wifi in each capsule!" "newly renovated" , etc. What they don't tell you is you have to check out every single day at 10am and aren't allowed to check in until 5pm, which is fine if you're doing stuff (like you should be) but pretty annoying if you want to relax for a day. Why would you pay for a hotel for multiple days if you only can use it for 3 hours before and after you wake up? Also the capsule are swelteringly hot. Not warm..humid and hot. Apparently they used the fuse for airflow for the included outlet. It's suffocating if you don't leave the door open (those who have stayed in capsules know how would be). I would have booked a different hotel the second night if I hadn't been kicked out onto the street and had to use pay for coffee shop wifi.

TL;DR Hot, humid capsule hotel that costs average to above-average. You get kicked out of the hotel every day from 10a-5p. Not as nice as they make it sound. Choose a different capsule or seriously, a hostel would be more comfortable and accommodating if you're on a budget.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo