“Okay deal we got through Agoda”

Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi
Ranked #149 of 309 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Manila, Philippines
“Okay deal we got through Agoda”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked hotels for our Japan trip just a few days before we leave which is really not advisable since hotels in Japan are quite expensive so cheaper and better hotels are always fully booked.

We saw this deal in Agoda which is acceptable and it's our only option since we found no hostel or other hotel in Osaka which has vacancy.

One thing I like about this hostel is it's just across the JR line station (Nagahoribashi) plus it has restaurants and a 7/11 nearby.

Yes, space is quite small (and could only accommodate 2 pax each room) but we didn't mind.

Oh another thing I like about it is the room has it's own bathroom, because after days of staying at hostels for backpackers where most bathrooms are shared, having your own bathroom in your room is very very very convenient.

Another downside is there's no free wifi in the rooms, you'll have to go down on the reception area or on the lobby in second floor to get connected.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank mrl t
nhos07, マネージャー at Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for writing a review.
We hope you could enjoy your stay at our hotel during your trip.
From this August, Free Wi-Fi service has been available in every room not only in the lobby.
When you come to Japan next time, we are waiting for your coming again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I ever stayed in and I travel a lot. The rooms are so small I thought it was the closet I had to put the suitcase on top of the desk as otherwise I would not have been able to open the bathroom door, as the only place you could place the suitcase is in the hallway which is only 830mm wide. The bathroom itself is so small that if I was overweight I would have got stuck. The room measures 2.6 x 2.3 the bed takes 7/8s of the whole room.
When I asked for a bigger room I was told that the hotel has 302 rooms and all the same size, in my opinion there should have been 202 rooms with a little bit more room.
The staff at the lobby were very rude and could not care less about anything you try to get some information.
I felt I was in a prison the whole 5 days I was there.
If anybody is thinking of booking at this hotel don't as it will be the biggest mistake of your life.
I was very happy with the hotels and service in Tokyo and Kyoto but Osaka is off the map for me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mary K
Thank you for writing a review and I am really sorry for uncomfortableness.
We apologise for that, and we do appreciate your pointing it out.
We will do our best not to repeat such things.

Travelers are raving about these Osaka hotels

Travelers also viewed these Osaka hotels
Ark Hotel Osaka Shinsaibashi
Chisun Inn Osaka Hommachi
Chisun Inn Osaka Hommachi
#119 of 309 in Osaka
Hotel Villa Fontaine Shinsaibashi

Been to Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi

Property: Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi
Address: 2-4-10 Minamisenba | Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0081, Osaka Prefecture (Formerly Chisun Hotel Shinsaibashi)
Location: Japan > Kinki > Osaka Prefecture > Osaka > Shinsaibashi / Nanba / Tennoji / South Area
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 309 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Hotel Class:3 star — Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), JAPANiCAN, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chisun Hotel Osaka