“Omg, words can’t describe how good...”

Hanamaruken Namba Houzenji
Ranked #23 of 36,699 Restaurants in Osaka
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This is hands down the best ramen I ever had! I’ve had ramen from quite a few places throughout Japan as well as America. The pork is so freaking tender it just melts in your mouth. You can say it’s “wagyu” pork lol. The soup is perfect as well, it’s not super rich like some other places, but still full of dashi! I will be dreaming of this place when I go back to the states.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Ramen second night in Osaka! Meal 1 comes with fried rice, gyoza, ramen with spare ribs. Very delicious! Osaka ramen is kicking butt! Cost about 1,410 yen for set meal mentioned above. Full by the end of meal. You sit and watch the chefs prepare it all in front of you. There is a fair line so as any good place in Japan prepare to wait.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We saw this restaurant well ranked here on TripAdvisor and then decided to try it. We'll... Have to say worthy the visit... Gyoza was tasty, yakimeshi great with the small pieces of omelet/scrambled eggs and the ramen with the pork ribs... Need to visit Osaka again!!! Z

1  Thank Jorge M
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We ordered the ‘double happiness’ and ‘happiness’ ramen and a batch of dumplings. The food was excellent. In fact we know we were in the right place when we arrived the restaurant. The place was filled with tourists and local people while other places still got nobody.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank kellyoms
Reviewed June 1, 2018

I have eaten different types of Ramen around Japan such as the regular ramen from the cafeteria, local ramen shops in the city I live in (Ehime prefecture) and very popular Ramen shops such as Ippudo and Ichiran. Maybe for me I needed a different taste so I tried Hanamaruken Ramen in Nanba. I visited this last May 11. All I can say it was simply the best. The PORK was so right, soft and succulent. I ordered their NUMBER 1 (thats what they call it) with gyoza and fried rice. Simply the best and satisfying ramen ever. Highly recommended for those Gai-jin who are visiting Osaka.

1  Thank Thaddeus C