“Unhappy hour”

Ranked #65 of 38,486 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Through grand walnut doors opening from the hotel’s 12th floor lobby, The St. Regis Bar welcomes guests to an enchanting environment, unmatched in all of Osaka. Relax and enjoy handcrafted cocktails in a setting of deep turquoise paneled walls, a precious blue tiger’s eye bar, tall mirrors, and a deep corniced silver ceiling.
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We arrived, were welcomed at the door and seated. The place was pretty empty, but we were sat on a sofa perpendicular to two ladies that were already seated and had been served.

It took 5 minutes for the same gentlemen to return to us with a menu, he came back 5 minutes later, we explained we wanted to do the happy hour and he returned with another menu. After another excessive wait he returned, we enquired about the food choices as the website clearly states a choice of one a la carte item from the bar snacks menu and the happy hour menu he had provided only contained finger food. He came back with the original menu.

More time past and eventually he sent a lady over to take our order, we tried ordering food from the menu he had just given us and she said no. At that point we had been in there for twenty minutes and not even got a sniff of a glass of water.

We left.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Cquinn1981

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Went to the bar last night for a drink before dinner,and boy the friendly and profesional service we received from was just great .Had a great tasting Bloody Mary ...The design of the bar is so elegant and timeless you just feel you want to stay longer .It has a great happy hour ,Even if your not staying at the St Regis you are still welcomed .

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed January 17, 2018

At first I was just planning to have a glass of old fashioned and go to bed for the early flight the next morning. But since the old fashioned was so good, i decided to order 2 more cocktails: shogun mary & aperol spritz (btw, i prefer the shogun mary rather than the original bloody mary from King Cole bar, just because they use yuzu instead of lemon wich is more fragrant). The decor is beautiful. I was seating at the counter so you can see the beautiful mural like the one they have in the original King Cole bar in New York. The bartender (I forgot her name. Short hair, glasses) was very friendly and masterful.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank SPurwanto
Reviewed January 1, 2018

The service staff very slow, old decor, uncomfortable seating. The drinks had ice up to the top and not possible to drink. It looked cozy. I expected much more.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I came here on a Friday night and I was expecting more people perhaps to come for Happy Hour. I'm a little surprised that there is very little guests at about 8pm.

I sat at the bar, the staff brought me the menu immediately. I ordered a Negroni to start with and checked out the bar food menu. The drink and food menu are decent. The food menu is designed for the grown-ups, sliders, mini burgers or fries are nowhere to be seen. There's a small selection of Japanese tapas too.

The Negroni was good, but there's room for improvement. I was hoping to smell more of the zest oil from the orange rind.

I ordered a Seabass Carpaccio which is very fresh. It came with smoked yoghurt as dressing. Quite unique and delicious.

The bartender (Yukari) asked me if I want to order another drink. I went for the Old-Fashioned, which is done with the 12 Years Yamasaki (be expected to pay a bit more for the premium whiskey), otherwise it tastes pretty good and very balanced.

My final drink of the night was a drink invented by Yukari, it is a Japanese Kyoto Gin (Kinobi) with Sake cocktail, quite refreshing.

I had an enjoyable evening, special thanks to Yukari for her wonderful hospitality and recommendations on Osaka. The St Regis Bar in Osaka is a nice spot to chill out if you want a quiet evening with some jazz on the background. It is entirely solo traveler friendly.

Date of visit: December 2017