“Wonderful location but ...”

Hostel Base Point Osaka
Ranked #114 of 201 Specialty lodging in Osaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful location but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The location could not have been better and I chose it because of it.

I only stayed a night at this hostel and it was quite comfy but a bit too cramped in the female hostel for my liking. The 2 bunk beds were only 6 inches apart, at most, so it could get a tiny bit awkward. It was also because I was the last to check in for the room that I was given a bed with a weird angle which made sleeping a bit difficult..

That being said, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The location can't be beaten and the food places in that area was mad delicious ... ^^

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Basepoint hostel is situated at the best place over at Namba with few minutes walk to the subway and few minutes walk to Dotonburi river.
The hostel is a little bit small but dont expect too much from a hostel as it is close to many attractions in Osaka with a good price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Phoebebeep
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed there in the new year of 2013. The hostel is just like it said, in the heart of Osaka, very very good location.It's in minutes to reach metro station, Takashimaya, Namba park, Dotombori food street. Lot of resturants nearby. The manager is very nice and helpful, I had wonderful new year there.

Room Tip: Tips: If you stay there in winter, please remember to close the window and switch on air condition b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed in the (cramped) 12 bed male dorm and that was the only bad thing about it. Decent price, great location, even better host. The gentleman that runs the place is happy, friendly, and remembered me when I came back days later to recover my plug converter which he kept safe without me prompting. He insists I need to come back next time in Japan (which I plan on doing). Hitchen was small too but there are so many cheap noodle shops in the adjacent mall, it didn't make sense to trouble myself with cooking there.

Room Tip: Ask for the second, smaller room. Less noise at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim N
BasePoint-Osaka, マネージャー at Hostel Base Point Osaka, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for coming and your coment.

I reduced the number of beds as you pointed out.
Therefore my guests can stay more comfortable and calmly now.
I need to put more effort for my guests in the future.

I was really happy I met you.
But I wanted to talk more and more.
So I'm really looking forward to seeing you at the next opportunity in Japan or Canada.
I'll study English more before it.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I slept in the female dorm for a night, and it was exactly what I needed - location, location, location. Some points to note:

- it is minutes from Nankai Namba station which has direct train to Kansai.
- close to many top Osaka attractions and malls.
- helpful and friendly hosts
- it was open in August.
- urmm.. There was a CCTV installed in the female dorm.

I was on my last two days in Japan and wanted to make the most of it, I was also traveling with luggages too heavy for me to lugged around, with these consideration, I needed a place as close to Nankai Namba as possible, I had searched very had for a hostel to serve this purpose and was lucky that I found Base Point. The hostel is right in the middle of all the action, but because it is facing the back of the pedestrian shopping street, the noise was never noticeable.

The elevator was converted to a storage room on the ground floor, and a bathroom on the first floor. There were 3 wash basins in the female dorm. But the oddest thing was the CCTV in the female dorm.

I would stay here again mainly because of its unbeatable location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Flikta
BasePoint-Osaka, マネージャー at Hostel Base Point Osaka, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for coming and comment.

I was happy that I could introduce the various spots of sightseeing.

Could you enjoy your trip in Osaka?

I wanted to talk more with you.

So I'm looking forward to seeing you next chance.

Best regards☆