“AMAZING!”

Matsuzakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho
Ranked #4 of 28,561 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant offers Matsusaka-beef, one of the three major Wagyu in Japan.You can experience the finest quality Matsusaka-beef at a reasonable price.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I don't know how you could possibly rate this place less than excellent. This beef is amazing! I've been to Argentina numerous times and they have the best beef I have ever tasted but this is right up there with it. We had 4 people and no booking but were very lucky/grateful to only have a short wait (Wednesday night). This place is not just a meal, it's an experience. 2 of us had the standard course and 2 of us had the special course. Coming from Australia, this was amazing value. The appetizer, soup, dessert were all great. The highlight, of course was the beef. The raw beef sushi didn't even taste like raw beef, it was sweet,soft and delicious. The waiter was great in explaining the cuts of meat, showing us how to cook it and to put a little salt on before eating. The owner gave us his business card and thanked us on the way out. If you are nearby, make the trip, you won't regret it.

1  Thank NicoleBrisbane
There are newer reviews for Matsuzakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is tucked away in a back alley on the south side of the river in Dotonbori. The tables are suitable for 4 adults and offer a privacy screen from the rest of the tables. There is a hibachi built into the table and they change the grills out after each course as to not meld flavors unwillingly. They offer three high grades of beef, with vegetables, soups, and noodles very typical to this style of dining. The have a button at the table to summon the waiter because the staff cant see you with the privacy screens drawn. They show up instantly and attend to your every need. The average price per person will vary according to the quality of beef you order. All beef here is exceptionally marbled and very flavorful. Even the lowest grade is much higher than what we often recieve in the states for the same price. I would say the average bill for a couple we run around 100-120 dollars. Its well worth it.

1  Thank featheredserpent
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We are a family of seven adults. All of us give it a five starts. The beef is so good even for the cheapest part. We tried the platter with the cheapest to the most expensive part. We made a reservation for our second visit right away. The beef sushi, garlic rice, and cesar salad are also so good.

There is an English menu and friendly staffs who can speak English.

If you can't find the place, you can visit its website and look at the map in the website.

2  Thank pv2105
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This restaurant has the best beef I've ever tried! So chewy, soft and really melts in your tounge. My kids and husband also agree with me. We want to go back over and over again, if only, we can afford them. Price is quite steep, but for the quality and taste, it worth it! We got a package meal which consists of appetizers, salad, some beef like sushi and for grilling (can't tell if it's included in the appetizers), the main course (several slices and parts of beef) and an icre cream for dessert. The sushi beef is very good! It's not actually raw, I believe it's smoked a little. I don't think I could find such tasty and soft beef elsewhere in the world! LOL! I would love to go back to Osaka just for this restuarant. A must eat when in Osaka!!!

2  Thank Ailyn C
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Always like this restaurant - nice cozy ambience. The beef according to my traveling companions was out of this world. I don't take beef - so I can only watch and participate in their enthusiasm. The menu for non beef eaters is rather limited actually but for whatever they have - I was happy with it. There is the marinated Chicken Thigh, Pork Kalbi, sausage assortment, grilled vegetables, very good Japanese Cabbage, Bean Sprouts salad, Kim Chi and many more. What I really like was the hot stone Garlic rise - came really hot - so much so that i stuck to the sides and bottom of the bowl, Nice garlic slices and bacon bit - really yummy. Can be a tad too saltish - so need to ask the Chef to use less of that if you are like me who don't like my food too saltish. Yes, and there was this dessert which I really really like - the Shouchu Pudding. Shouchu is rice wine in Korean and wow - its really makes a difference. I was suppose to share it but I decided I was going to have most of it!

3  Thank POHMH