Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $70.90
from $160.70
from $98.70
More Info
All reviews spa world men and women onsen experience hot springs onsen area birthday suit body scrub vending machine big slides small towels each month mixed gender greek room shoe lockers real onsen entire floor top floor
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had only planned to spend a few hours here but ended up going for the full day. It was nice to spend time here and relax. This was the last day of our multicity holiday and was exactly what we needed. We enjoyed the swimming pools and also the hot stone rooms which we had to pay a little bit more for then ended up the day in the actual onsen. Since I went with my boyfriend we were separated for the onsen time but as long as you agree on a time to meet up again it's totally fine. The lockers confused me but a lady inside spoke really good English and explained. It was such good value and we ended up paying £13 to access everything for the whole day. How great. And perfect for a rainy day activity.

1  Thank ritapwchan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

(This is from the perspective of taking a primary school aged child)

A very good place to visit with a kid. The 8th floor slides and play area were great, a caveat being that one of the two larger slides was shut on both days we were there. Not sure why- there was still water running on it, and there were no obvious repairs going on, but it wasn't running and the multiple-use ticket prices didn't seem to have been adjusted accordingly.

There are also a couple of hot outdoor spas on the rooftop.

The other spa floor that was open to us was a great experience for kid, he found the concept of multiple pools of water at different temperatures, the salt sauna and the steam room very enjoyable.

The staff were very helpful and are obviously used to explaining how things work to foreigners.

The downsides: It's slightly run down (but this is Japan, so still extremely clean and well run by other standards) and the food options within the building are okay but not the best.

1  Thank L_Jason
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is amazing. Entry was only 1200 Yen and the experience was well worth it. My friends and I visited SpaWorld on a whim after an exhausting half-day stop in Nara. Once we reached Osaka, we decided to relax at the onsen. If you're not familiar with fully nude public baths, then it can seem daunting at first but the experience is freeing and relaxing.

The baths are gender-specific with men on the European bath floor and women on the Asian bath floor when I visited. I thought the facilities were exceptionally clean and the themed baths were fantastic. I enjoyed hopping from bath to bath, rubbing salt scrub on myself in the sauna, and laying out near the open-air baths.

This is something our group still raves about, it was a high point on our trip. Even other bath houses in Japan cost a bit more than SpaWorld. After a few hours soaking, you'll be de-stressed and ready for more adventure.

1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a traditional and enjoyable onsen experience, this is not the place to go. It was extremely crowded and felt unhygienic - there were strange stains on seat pads and the place looked old.

5  Thank ClaireW3699
Reviewed August 29, 2018

It's a nice place. There are many things to explore. You can spend all day long there. Food and beverage are also available.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

What a place.. if in Osaka is definitely a must go. So relaxing, enjoyable for so little money.
Cost less than 10 euros and you can stay as long as you want .
Have 1 level for men and 1 level for woman. With diferente baths from all over the world ..

5  Thank jessiehbf
Reviewed June 21, 2018

On my last visit to Japan, my friend took me to the public baths in his city. When I told him I wanted to visit the baths again, he said that there was a much bigger one in Osaka. We went here and enjoyed three blissful hours. There is an Asia zone on the sixth floor and a Europe zone on the fourth floor. Each month the genders swap floors. In May the men had the Asia zone. I enjoyed a variety of baths and saunas. I even had a Korean body scrub and never felt so clean in my life! It's large, but there is plenty of room for everyone. It is like a spa theme park!

2  Thank Robert D
Reviewed June 14, 2018

If you are comfortable with walking naked from bath to bath which you will be after about 5 minutes this place is worth the visit. The bathes are split over 2 floors with one floor being for men and the other for woman (the floors swap each month). Each of the two floors have a different theme (European and Asian) and about 8 different baths on each floor with their own theme eg Morocco, Japan, Thailand so it is easy to find the one you prefer but i would say you have to try them all. There are also paid massages if that is what you would like and depending on the time of day you can also buy drinks. They have lockers to store all your clothes while in the baths.

They give you complimentary pajamas to use while out of the baths and you can wear them to the restaurant floor to get some food of which there is a great selection (about 10 different resturants) though i recommend the Okonomiyaki(savory pancake).

While there they charge everything to a wristband that they give you on entry and when you leave you have to place it in a machine and pay for the incurred charges (food, massage etc). The machine can be slightly confusing at first but just follow the pictures and you will be fine.

Me and my group went there with the intention for dinner and a bath which we thought would take an hour but by the time we finished relaxing it had been 3, which goes to show that you can easily spend hours in this fascinating place. By the way we left feeling super relaxed and refreshed. If you go as a mixed sex group you will be separated in the baths so keep that in mind. Also i can't quite remember but if you have tattoos you may not be allowed in as per Japanese custom.

3  Thank Sam G
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

A multi-level 24h spa onsen spread over many floors with seperate male and female floors (yes, not just an area but an entire floor!) and mixed common floors, with many different pools with varying temperatures.
Easy to get ticket from vending machine on ground floor, give it to counter staff on entry, take off shoes to put in shoe lockers with key, and go up to the onsen floors.
Relatively clean and organised. A couple of plain drinking water fountains in the onsen. Towels included.
Day tickets cost less than late night/overnight tickets.

1  Thank AngeH34
Reviewed May 30, 2018

There are different flavours each month in the Onsen.there is also a play area for children that don't like Onsen!