Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

More Info
from $628.40
More Info
3,188 results
All reviews whale sharks sea creatures marine life main tank big tank touch pool feeding times mola mola petting area the pacific ocean different species the main attraction ferris wheel chuo line clams santa maria on display
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Took a 10 min ferry from Hotel Universal Port to the aquarium. A lot of fun activities eg. finding all the stamps, seals & dolphins playing in separate tanks, touching of stingrays, etc. Worth the trip especially for kids. V

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We spent one afternoon at the Osaka Aquarium. We enjoyed the exhibits and overall design of the building. We took so many photos of this memorable trip.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Visited the Osaka Aquarium located near the Osaka Bay Area.Many interesting fishes from various part of the the world, including jelly fish as well. You can touch the sting ray and baby shark! The whale shark, spider crab and sting ray are the main attraction. Spider

1  Thank joongyc
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

It's my 2nd visit to the aquarium & I absolutely love this place. It's within 10mins walk from Osakajo stn. Try avoid the weekends as It was rather crowded. It's 8storey place. Lots of viewing windows for the main tank (whale sharks, rays, sharks) and there's seats along the sides for you to sit down & enjoying the scene.. definitely worth paying a visit if you haven't been before. After the aquarium, you can take the Ferris wheel ride at tempozan . :)

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

By far one of my all time favorite stops in Osaka. Great deal to purchase the aquarium entrance fee and Ferris wheel package. We spent a lot of time admiring the large viewing tank with the large trevally, rays and whale shark! We were warned that it was a busy day so it was a little crowded at times but as we kept growing to the lower areas we were able to enjoy just sitting and observing the viewing tank. Lots of informative signs explaining where the animals are found. You can even pet a seal! It’s a place for all ages. We would definitely visit again when we’re in Osaka. Just 2 short train rides and a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Reviewed 6 days ago

It was packed in places, allot of people. However, the layout is good, and once you get past the first couple of tanks, space frees up in the aisles. The aquarium itself has a huge select of difference creatures, and the path through the tanks to view them all is well done. Its easy to get to via subway. And there are other things to do in this area of the city. The price is also reasonable. Overall it was a good experience despite the crowds.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I visited here on the 8th of Oct, 2018 which happened to be children's public holiday. It wasn't as busy as I had expected given this.

We especially loved the jellyfish tanks, they were really beautiful and feeding time with the whale sharks isn't to be missed.The seals were a highlight for me, very kawaii with lots of room to play and lots of stimulation. The animals didn't seemed distressed or discontent to me. The tanks were larger than I had expected.

I was a little disappointed they had dolphins although I suppose that's to be expected of an aquarium, they did at least have a couple of toys in there for them to play with. Dolphins, I believe, should really be kept in the wild given they are highly social and have short lives in captivity, in addition to this there is evidence in Japan that the specimens that aren't caught for aquariums are slaughtered for meat.

If you have strong feelings about this I wouldn't suggest attending the aquarium. Overall I enjoyed my experience here however did feel somewhat conflicted.

1  Thank sam_wise_0404
Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very relaxing place to go to and it reminds on our appreciation of animals. The aquarium is very well-maintained, clean and the location is very accessible. My parents, my husband and 3 year old daughter all had a great time!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Amazing place to visit , the highlight for me was the 2 whale sharks , plenty of viewing windows and seats to sit and relax . Very well structured and many mammals and fish to see. Dolphins, penguins ,sharks and even NEMO makes it wonderland for children. Admission prices are very reasonable and wheelchair and stroller friendly.

1  Thank MrsGee2013
Reviewed 1 week ago

After the firsts pools you can see a very big tank with many species of fishes all togeter. I prefer the other kind of acquarium with differents places for the different fish. There were also too many queues to see some particular attraction with many people pushing the other so I felt a little unconfortable