“great location”

Osaka Daiichi Hotel
Ranked #45 of 339 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is near umeda station and osaka station, which means you can access every corner of osaka very easily. Service is good, some staff speaks good english. Breakfast is a buffet of a nice combination of western and Japanese food. Lots of restaurants nearby. The downside is room is really small, but since it is central osaka i cannot complain too much.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2014

To find the hotel from the station, go out the South Central Gate and walk straight across the road. The Hilton Plaza is on your right hand side. The Dai Ichi is just behind it but you can't see it from the station. Once you do see the building it is unmistakeable. We arrived here just after 2pm and were able to check in immediately. Our room was on the 18th floor. The Standard Semi-Double room was pretty small but it had everything we needed and was of a good standard and very clean. The bed was against the window on one side as usual but there was a little bit of room to walk around to get in the window side. Not much room to open two suitcases and a teeny wardrobe. Free WiFi. The TV does have BBC World News in English but you will need to follow the instructions provided to change the language from Japanese to English, otherwise you will be watching the BBC in Japanese. The bathroom is capsule style and probably the smallest bathroom we came across during our trip. I think if you are tall or a large person you would find it very cramped. It is only a half sized bath but very deep. Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel plus toothbrushes etc all supplied.
We ate breakfast at the Starbucks downstairs. The hotel does have a restaurant but it wasn't all that clear how much the breakfast buffet might be and we probably wouldn't have eaten there anyway.

The hotel is fairly well located with at least 3-4 large department stores in the vicinity. We bought bento boxes from Hanshin and ate in our room one night and it was excellent. (The basement food halls are to die for!)

If you can find your way into the rabbit warren of arcades under the station, there are dozens (hundreds?) of restaurants there to choose from.

If you get slightly lost in the vicinity of the hotel just keep looking up and you will eventually see it, you can't miss the round, brown brick façade.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms higher up would be quieter from street noise? Our room was 1824 and we had no street no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank plspoon
Reviewed January 17, 2014

When you joined the tour, you could not have a freedom to choose your own hotel but we were happy with this hotel. Location wise was good, it was close to Osaka Station, hence it was centrally located, close to every where. Hilton was behind adjacent to this hotel. The great thing was the Starbuck in the lobby.

The shape of this building was distinctive. It is round shape, with vertical plant/garden start to crawl this building up. I found this hotel was just nearly refurbished.

The breakfast areas was big but the food was average.

Since the we brought big and many luggage and plant back to Tokyo to extend the trip using Nozomi Shinkansen and found it would be hassle to carry 3 super size luggage with family traveling together. Hence, I requested our tour leader, whether we can use the Takuhaibin Delivery Services that I google that can help us with 1 day delivery services. And the concierge in fact, can help us on Takuhaibin Delivery Services to my next hotel in Tokyo and charge us only around Y2000 per luggage. Amazing convenience that I could not imagine before.

Lovely stay.

Room Tip: Upper room will give you better city view
3  Thank NGHC
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It's my second time to stay in Osaka Daiichi Hotel since my last stay 14 years ago. The room is very clean, and of good size as compared to Granvia Hotel. The service is good. There is always a staff standing at the lobby to answer our questions. There is a starbuck at the ground floor (always full of people!) and the welcome drink from starbuck offered by the hotel is really a surprise to me!! The location of the hotel is unbeatable!! It's directly connected with the underground mall. Inside the huge underground mall, you can find convenience stores, fast food shops etc. I also like the buffet breakfast, although it's not comparable to those five star hotels, the variaty of food is good enough. You can find scramble egg, boiled egg, sausage, ham, salad, corn soup, miso soup, congee, pancake, fruit, and even curry rice!!

I will definitely stay here again!!

2  Thank PeggyK77
Reviewed December 25, 2013

what i love about this hotel is it location. one block away from osaka train station and many mall around the area. i come with family and overall i like the hotel. its a bit busy in the lobby but the room is clean although its small (as typical japanese hotel room).

the breakfast is ok, but i get my coffee from Starbuck next to the restaurant.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at this conveniently located establishment during a visit to Osaka recently and considered the facility perfectly acceptable overall. In common with most hotels in Japan, accommodation space can be at a premium (no doubt a reflection of real estate values) but, nevertheless, my room choice was clean, well maintained and entirely comfortable for a solo traveller, as I found. After a long bus ride from Kansai Airport, the check-in (and eventual check-out) process was handled swiftly and efficiently, with typical Japanese courtesy, as was my subsequent dealings with service staff throughout the hotel, despite some language difficulty away from the front desk. The vending machine near my door on the 29th Floor, well stocked with a variety of chilled refreshments and crispy snacks, consumed a lot of my loose change whenever I wasn't enjoying the excellent bar and restaurant services near the top of the building. Being my first visit to Japan in almost a decade, I remained impressed with the quiet, respectful nature of the service people I encountered everywhere, an admirable aspect equally evident amongst the general population as well. All in all, a most enjoyable Osaka stay and a great-value hotel I would certainly choose again in the future.

Room Tip: If you need to swing a cat, ask for a Superior room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robadibob
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The room is basic ala Tokyo style. there's starbucks near the lobby, AirCon not cool even when i already put on the lowest temperature. The free wifi in the room is super fast though. i only stay there for half a day (transit style) so no complain at all, near the hotel there's few pub that u can go

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends