Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
View deal
Priceline$50
eDreams$48
ZenHotels.com$51
All reviews train station family mart umeda sky the ground floor couple of nights location luggage japan hep shinkansen basement
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Osaka Daiichi Hotel for two nights in September 2012.

The location couldn't be better, practically across the street from Osaka Station, a short ride via subway (or JR line) from Shin-Osaka Station (Shinkansen access), and within walking distance of countless restaurants and the Umeda Sky Building's Floating Garden Observatory.

The hotel is very clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms are small and somewhat oddly shaped since the building is round. Our room was a "stylish" room and had a clean, crisp, contemporary decor. There is a Tower Records, LL Bean, and Starbucks on the ground level, plus a hotel restaurant (Carat, I believe) that provided a decent buffet breakfast.

Beds are very firm, but that's the norm for Japan. We requested extra pillows and they brought them up immediately.

The lunch was better than breakfast..for a set price you have an all-you-can-eat buffet. the steak tips are incredibly tasty. And how can you complain about a crepe dessert station?

All in all, the hotel was a good experience. The rates are somewhat pricey, but that's to be expected in any of Japan's major cities.

My only complaint with the hotel was that our hotel key cards failed a few times. Unlike most hotels that have firm credit card style access cards that can be re-used for new guests, this hotel uses flimsier cards that have your room number and dates of stay electronically printed on them. Not the best idea for security reasons since anybody could find a lost key and have the room number right there. But the bigger issue for us was that on two occasions we got to the room only to find that we couldn't get in and had to go back down to the lobby for replacements. I'm not going to berate the hotel for this...it could have been an isolated incident. Our friend was staying in a room down the hall and had no key problems.

Room tip: Get a "stylish" room.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank snarl71
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This property really does focus on the local market. They offer 1 local TV program being the BBC. No wireless Internet available. Very frustrating. Staff very polite. Hotel is above a subway station. Starbucks next to the lobby was great, whilst breakfast selection was adequate..... Coffee could certainly be enhanced. Rooms are very small, but that is normal in Japan.

Room tip: Great city views from the higher floors.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank AussieinCHC
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. This hotel is connected with JR Osaka station and subway. It is convenient for someone who wants to travel and explore Osaka or surrounding. Look for Osaka Maru Biru on the sign board since it is the same building. The room is quite nice even though it is small for a semi double room. Do not forget to recheck whether you got a smoking or a non smoking room even they have the ioniser to clear the air in the rooms.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank extr3me_84
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel is near the JR Osaka station. I stayed here for two separate periods. The first 3 nights I did not have smoke free room and it was terrible for me. Probably i had forgot to mention this in my booking. This time I had rent a car during my visit (for visit to Kyoto and Kobe). The nissan rental is just at the basement of this hotel, so it is very convenient to return the car. This time I got the smoke free room and it is good.
If u are using the underground pathway, u should look for the name Osaka Maru building which actually is the same place.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dr_icecan
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed there in Dec for 3 nights. Rooms were bigger than I expected although smaller than what you can get in Singapore. Air conditioning was not cold enough. Maybe heater was on as it was winter. Tried all kinds of adjustments but could never get it cold enough. Toilet felt like those on an aeroplane.

Date of stay: December 2011