4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$98
Priceline$103
ZenHotels.com$118
1,865 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Osaka Sheraton has a good first impression when you check in, but the rooms are rather small and also pretty old - even on the club floor. An overhaul is urgently required to maintain the Sheraton feeling. The breakfast was also somewhat disappointing. What was very good is the Gym, swimmingpool and Japanese Sauna, a well maintained facility which allows to relax. The location and easy access from KIX and Itami is a benefit.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ThomasNorge
Reviewed October 23, 2012

After a long flight to Osaka the reassurance of being able to catch the number 7 airport Limosine bus straight to this hotel is a plus.Which is why we booked this hotel.

The location of the hotel is right on top of a major JR station and there is a underground passage that connects to the subway lines to travel into Osaka.Kintetsu department store is next door for shopping and retail therapy.
It is a bit of a hike getting into central Osaka having to change trains at Namba but that's not an issue in Japan.
The plus side that as the hotel is as it is a little way out of town it is a quieter, and a less frantic part of the city.
The hotel itself is ordinary and not up to the usual standard of a Sheraton brand.
We made sure we booked a renovated room, non smoking and with city views.
The room was big enough by Japanese standards and well appointed.
The complimentary 2 bags of Japanese tea was not worth the effort, coffee, sugar and milk is not provided. There was no kettle only a hot water urn which took for ever to heat water to a luke warm temperature.
There is air con in the room is outdated and as there is no thermostat so you can either boil or freeze.
The window does open slightly to allow some air into the room but the floors below are all smoking and it does drift up to the higher floors.
Not that we spent much time in our room as there are plenty of things to do and see in Osaka.

I did read that if you wanted to use the pool there would be an additional charge. I also noted that anyone with body ink ( tattoos ) are not allowed in public baths or swimming pools.....not that it worried me as I dont have any body ink, but I was under the impression the pool was part of the hotel package.

Even though we were on a non smoking floor the corridoors stink of stale smoke and there is little, if any ventillation.

Other than that the hotel suited our purpose. The location is its only feature.
Knowing Osaka as we do now I think I would shop around for a better hotel.

Room tip: Make sure you book a room which is renovated and request smoking or non smoking. We made a point of emailing the hotel directly before departing to ensure our requests were met.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is located just beside Kintesu shopping mall and station so its very convenient to travel to other parts of Osaka. The nearest subway, Uehonmachi-9 is also linked underground from the hotel basement so its very convenient.

We opted for non-smoking room but its still smell musky. We did not turn on the aircon so we opened the window to let in some cool air. Overall, this is Sheraton, a hotel chain, we have no fault with the room and service.

Outside the hotel lobby, there is a private operator airport bus shuttle you can pay to go to airport and i remembered it takes about 50mins stated in the bus notice.

From the hotel, it takes about 30mins walk to reach Shinbashi mall connecting to Daimaru.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank StewieDoff
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had twin room in his fine hotel, and were very happy with the service, the position and facilities there. Had shops and restaurants in the hotel, and also very close by. Close to subway and other transport, but also walkable distance to great markets. Expensive restaurants but also more reasonable ones offering good selection of foods.Close to a very good supermarket which we found invaluable.

Room tip: Ask for NON smoking room or you are in for a shock.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had read the mixed reviews so was unsure as to what experience awaited, but I was pleasantly surprised, you just need to know what to expect.

Looking at this place as a Japanese/Western business hotel, the place is very good, just be aware that the pool/spa is quite expensive and honestly not a real option for most travellers (I think the spa/sauna was around 3000 yen, no thanks.

With that out of the way, I don't think I can find much other faults for the price.

Arrived at 11am at the hotel and was flabbergasted when I was checked in with no problem despite the early hour, if you've stayed in Japan a few times you'll know that most hotels are quite diligent about check-in time, so it was nice of them to offer not just a regular room, but an upgraded room at this early hour.

Location is absolutely perfect, on top of the Kintetsu train station and with an airport limousine bus stop right in front. you've got easy access to Namba and longer distance trains right at your doorstep. There's a big Kintetsu department store below but sadly I did not check it out as I could have, it's probably a good place to stock up on good food.

Internet is free which is standard at Japanese Business hotels but not so much at International style ones, so this was a welcome perk.

It's true that even the renovated rooms aren't ultra mega fancy or stylis, but they're quite good enough I think, and the hotel, albeit older, is still very well kept.

An extra tip for those of you yearning for a nice spa where to relax, a few blocks away near Tsuruhashi station is a very nice Sento bath called Nobeha no Yu. You can either take the train one station on the Kintetsu line or walk, but I have a suspicion that walking would be much faster since the distance between stations is very short. And at 800 yen it would be much cheaper than paying the hotel rate for the bath/sauna.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends