“Fantastic Hotel a bit out of the city”

Hyatt Regency Osaka
Ranked #21 of 316 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Emilia Romagna
“Fantastic Hotel a bit out of the city”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The hotel is really extravagant and the prices occasionaly goes down to the 100 euro level. The rooms are very spacious for being Japan and they really deserves 5 stars.

The single biggest plus with this hotel is the fitness room. Very big and fully equipped room with the latest and best machines. And there is nobody! An entire luxury gym for myself.
The only negative thing I can think about is the location. It takes half an hour to reach the centre. And in the nighttime there are a few restaurants across the street in a shopping centre but they close early.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 26, 2010

A modern beautiful hotel which had a really nice view on the harbor. It's much more of a business hotel than leisure. Thanks to the hotel free bus shuttles that leaves every 30mins though it takes 30mins to get there. Not a choice for shoppers I guess.

Being frank with my reviews as I will use such hotel for business but for a vacation I guess not unless you want to be in a nice quite area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JungleLion
Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Hotel located at Osaka bay area next to the convention centre. Quiet place to stay at. A distance away from the Osaka city are. No shopping or night activity. Room was spacious. But kettle was dirty with sand stuck inside and called the hotel staff to change. They did not understand English and send a hotel concierge to assist. But the reply was there's no more extra kettle. In the end, at 1am, we went to the opposite Lawson to buy mineral water.

B'fast had very limited choices. Hot item like the spagetti with fresh prawn sell out very fast. Most ppl just take the prawn and left the noodles untouch. Only manage to eat 1 prawn with the spagetti. Tried a 2nd round but as there's still a lot of noodles but no prawn.

It's a 5 min walk from hotel lobby to lift lobby. Didn't notice any sign provided. Just follow blindly and luckily we were in the correct direction. Hotel should provide signboard or inform hotel guest the lift lobby direction during check in.

• Stayed April 2010
Austin
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Spacious and comfortable rooms. The only draw back was the location. No good restaurants close by so I had to order room service. The hotel restaurant was above average compared to other hotel restaurants. Good selection for the breakfast buffet. Oh I was VERY disappointed that there was a fee to use the pool. Awesome night time view at the bar on the top floor. As soon as I walked in the door, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. All spoke English.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank MCinAustin
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 25, 2010

i was off during february from college when my family and i decided to spend a vacation in japan. i had stayed there in hyatt regency osaka just for a day, but, to add to my wonderful experiences in japan, hyatt regency contributed largely to a comfortable stay and an unforgettable trip!
The hotel is beautifully maintained with a highly friendly, professional and efficient staff. I still remember to this day their vibrant smiles and their greetings. Its amazing how simple gestures like that can brighten up one's day and they certainly did. I would especially like to pass my compliments to the incredibly helpful and friendly Nepalese doorman who helped us get shuttles to the metro station everytime we needed it. While waiting for the shuttle, he would always engage us in conversation telling us about the city and the places to visit. Thanks to him really, we made the best possible use of our time there.
Room service was excellent as well. Everything was brought to us on time and tidied up just as efficiently. The complimentary yukatas offered to us were very comfortable and of great quality as well.
The location of the hotel was perhaps the only downside to our stay there as it was quite far from the city centre and the sights to see in Osaka, with the exception of the bay area. However, that being said, it was the location of the hotel that allowed us to have a peaceful sleep and a magnificent panoramic view of the Osaka skyline and the bay area.
Breakfast and restaurant quality was a lot higher and grander than I had initially expected and its quality was on par with that of Grand Hyatt despite this being Hyatt Regency.
Even as I was checking out with my family, each member of the team as it is customary for the Japanese, gave us a smile and a bow and a thank you for giving them the chance to enjoy their hospitality. Such level of professionalism, even though it is tradition there, deeply impressed me and truly made my experience one of a kind. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone I know whether they are in Osaka for business or for leisure.
I have nothing more to add except my support and my congratulations and good wishes to each member of the Hyatt Regency Osaka Team! Please keep up the amazing work and thank you!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bshray
Sao Paulo
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We were traveling on a budget so staying in a Hyatt hotel was not in our minds. But we stayed in the standard room for 12000yen per night which was good considering that we paid the same price for fair ryokan in Tokyo and Kyoto. The room is very "businessy" and modern, and had a great view of the harbor. But we didn't realize that it was far from the center. They provide a shuttle service to the closest subway station every half hour, but if you're having a night out, get ready for an expensive cab ride back to the hotel. If you're on a tight budget don't even consider taking any meals or drinks in the hotel as it was ridiculously overpriced.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed at the Harbour View Recengy Club room. Room was quite old and tired. We used once the room service and that was fine. Regency Club was very tired and need to renewal quickly. At the lounge japanise people behaved very funny. They took everything (I really mean everything) from the evening buffet to their tables, but they never eat that food. Strange.

After all Osaka itself is nice city and great place to visit for a few days, but stay away from the Hyatt. If I ever will be at the Osaka again, I’ll go to Ritz-Carlton or Hilton.

Photos and more hotel reviews at my travel blog: http://petterikukkonen.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/hyatt-regency-osaka-osaka-japan/

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple