1,535 results
All reviews shuttle bus universal studios every half hour shuttle service outdoor pool complimentary shuttle nice hotel room service is club room lobby lounge hotel is located top floor the hotel offers bit dated room was spacious kansai international airport umeda station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I've read other reviews that commented that the hotel is either outdated or dirty. Neither of these is true. The hotel is celebrating it's 25th anniversary and it looks very new. The lobby is beautiful and so are the grounds of the hotel.
The staff are very warm and the word hospitality isn't enough to define how you feel at this hotel. The hotel staff seemed to know our names after 24 hours and we were greeted regularly by name wherever we went in the hotel.
We were lucky to upgrade to a suite and the view from the suite was excellent.
The hotel is located about 30 minutes away from the downtown Osaka central train station. The hotel offers a very convenient shuttle service that operates every 30 minutes until 9 PM. We never had trouble getting to the train station.
The Regency Club is excellent. If you've been here in years past, you'll be happy to know that it's now on the top floor of the hotel with commanding views of the water and the Osaka skyline. It's a terrific view both morning and night.
Service at this hotel is terrific and we were welcomed with a smile everywhere we went.
The rooms are very clean and the food quality in the Regency Club was excellent. The chefs are preparing fresh food daily and I could get my breakfast prepared to order every day.
The evening cocktails and buffet in the Regency Club were excellent and the nighttime view is something you'll want to try. Shimada san started a sunset viewing program where you are invited to take a great sunset shot. We made many good friends in the Regency Club including Kana san and Hiroura san. I can't remember everyone's name but they were all warm and very kind to us.
We had the opportunity to meet the GM and Miriam was also very warm and welcoming. She went out of her way to say hello and to make sure everything in our stay was pleasant.
This is a terrific property and I wish them great success with their 25th anniversary celebration. We will definitely be coming back.

Room tip: Get a room with a view of the bay. Upgrade to a Regency Club room with access to the club and enjoy their staff who are terrific.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
General_Manager_HRO, 支配人 at Hyatt Regency Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear PKDenton,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience at Hyatt Regency Osaka with us and other members of the TripAdvisor community.

We are so thrilled to hear that you were extremely pleased with your extended stay and found the view from your hotel room memorable, the shuttle bus to be convenient, and the Regency Club excellent. We will share your thoughtful feedback with the team in particular with Shimada-san, Kana-san, and Hiroura-san, and will definitely recognize their efforts. We consider ourselves as an Urban Resort, given our unique location overlooking Osaka Bay, still within access to the city, so we were happy to read that you made the most of the sunset viewing experience.

PKDenton, thank you once again for your favorable review, we are very proud of the teams efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Osaka in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Remote convention center location shut down at 8:00. Must shuttle to Train station 30 minutes fir anything. Rooms were very large and the view of the port was industrial, but nice. Warning if you have Tattoos that can not be covered in a gauze shirt they are adamant about not swimming.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Sherpa22504903092,

We are delighted to hear that you found the hotel rooms to be large and the view overlooking Osaka Bay was nice despite our vicinity to nearby Ports. I am very sorry to read your disappointment about not being able to enjoy out water facilities. We will review how to better communicate and assist our guests who have tattoos whilst traveling through Japan.

Sherpa22504903092, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Osaka should your future travel plans bring you this way.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We booked this hotel to check out Osaka and Kyoto in a fairly quick trip through Japan. The hotel is ranked as a 4-star but really felt more like 2-stars. Although the lobby and public areas are grandiose, the rooms themselves reminded me of a best western but dirtier. The carpets were well worn and dirty to the point that I felt uncomfortable without socks or slippers. We arrived at the wrong station and called the hotel for help locating the free shuttle. We never found it because we were in the wrong station but never once did they ask us is we were at Shin-Osaka or Osaka. For newbies traveling through this was incredibly frustrating. If you don't disembark at the correct station, like us, you'll pay $80 to take a cab to basically the middle of a freight loading area to access this hotel.

The check in process was long after a full days travel from Tokyo to Kyoto for sight seeing and then finally to Osaka - even on a shuttle the extra 35 minutes from the train to the hotel would've been grueling. It was 9pm and I'm sure we looked tired. The front desk was well staffed, as most places in Japan, but it still took 20 minutes and no one else was checking in.

When we entered the room and saw the poor quality we immediately decided to cancel our second night. Luckily we were able to book the Hyatt in Kyoto. I'm a Hyatt member and everything about this hotel wasn't in line with the bulk of my experience with the hotel chain. When cancelling the second night they weren't able to help or revert my points and generally were unhelpful in booking Kyoto. Even though we were on the 20th floor we heard very loud street noise (which was kind of surprising consider how remote this hotel was) and the thin walls allowed us to hear our neighbors too. If we hadn't been so wiped out, I'm sure it would've been hard to sleep.

I would never recommend this place or stay here again. Look elsewhere for a cleaner, updated and more convenient location.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
General_Manager_HRO, 支配人 at Hyatt Regency Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear Staci Preston

I was very concerned to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I can fully understand why you would be disappointed with our hotel and as such would like to extend a sincere apology to you. These are not the standards that we strive to achieve at Hyatt Regency Osaka, and as such I am committed to working more closely with the Leadership Team to determine learning and development needs of our team, and how to take better care of our loyal guests.

Staci Preston, once again, please accept our sincere apologies. I truly hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Osaka again.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

It is not my first time in this hotel. I always had only good experience as with quality of food, staff or rooms. Shuttle bus will take you every 30mins to main train station from where you can go anywhere you want.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Gabriela.F,

As this is not your first time to stay with us, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Hyatt Regency Osaka during this recent visit. I will pass on your thoughtful comments to our Food and Beverage and Rooms Associate’s.

Gabriela F, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

With sincere appreciation.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

I booked a stay at this hotel knowing in advance that to get to the hot spots of town, I would need to rely on either the shuttle service or the local trains, each taking about 30 minutes to get into town not including time waiting for the shuttle/walking to the train station (which is nearby). This was acceptable to me as I planned to spend the majority of time on day trips and around town.

What I did not know was that the shuttle service would be so prompt/useful and only needed to use the train once late in the night when the shuttle service was no longer available. For those arriving, the shuttle pickup is on the west end of Kyoto Station, where several other hotels also have shuttles. The Hyatt Regency Osaka line is marked by a blue cone in the ground.

The hotel itself was immaculate, and very impressive given the price range (and points category). The elevators are fast and efficient, and both the lobby staff and the regency staff were amazing. I had an early flight to catch on checkout (no public transportation options available), and the bellhop desk booked me a taxi which arrived right on time.

The gym is impressive, among the upper tier of gyms in the Hyatt Regency line of hotels that I've come across.

The room was very spacious by Japan standards, and noise insulation was fantastic throughout my stay. I only heard my neighbors when we ran into each other in the hallway.

If a Club Room is an option for you, I highly recommend taking advantage. The Regency Club has fantastic views of the city and the food is above average (especially the desserts). On a fortunate day, I was able to capture both ends of a spectacular double rainbow from the lounge.

Some minor cons were that the shower temperature was not stable (I had one of the higher floors so maybe this isn't an issue further down), and the breakfast in the Club Lounge was just okay.

For the price, especially since my stay was during peak season for Cherry Blossoms, I would not hesitate to book a stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear William L ,

The team and I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful comments about our hotel in particular regarding the services extended to you by our team of dedicated Hosts. Moreover, I am happy to know that you were fortunate to see both ends of the spectacular double rainbow from our Regency Club Lounge on the 28th floor. I have also noted your valuable comments about the shuttle service hours, and the condition of the guest room shower. Please rest assured that we will continuously work as a team on improving our level of services.

William, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Osaka should your travel plans bring you this way.