“Excellent location decent service”
Review of Hilton Osaka

Hilton Osaka
Ranked #18 of 333 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed May 29, 2014

In our last trip to Japan we stayed in Hilton Osaka. Best thing about this hotel is the convenient location. We took the shinkasen Bullet train from Tokyo which arrives at the Shin Osaka station and then took another local train to reach the Osaka station and Hilton Osaka is just across the street from the station.

Hotel also has a direct connectivity to the Kansai airport via the bus which is also very efficient and we took the same while returning from Osaka.

Rooms are nice and service is OK (nothing spectacular and nothing to crib about as well). Hotel provides complimentary wifi in the lobby but you need to pay for the same for room access.

I cant live without Indian food for more than 2 days and there are 2 Indian restaurants within walking distance from Hilton Osaka. Both the restaurants serve good Indian food (slightly expensive but you cant complain as you are in Japan).

Hotel also has pick up service from most travel agents which is nice as you just need to goto the lobby and the travel agent will pick you up for your excursion.

Overall a decent choice

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor ..nice view. Also if you dont smoke insist on a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Osaka as your preferred hotel for your recent trip to Japan, and taking time to write laudatory comments.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We would like to also thank you for your inputs about our convenient location, and most of all our proud friendly staffs.
I thank you for having availed your time to provide your constructive feedback and we look forward welcoming you back on your future travels to Osaka.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. The staff are pleasant and nice. The hotel is in an excellent location across the street or via underground tunnel from the Osaka train station. This was very convenient. The rooms are dated (especially the bathroom) and the wooden furniture was worn. The shower head was weak and the water handles squeaked when turned. The executive lounge was small and the food options (evening) were limited. We were spoiled by an incredible lounge experience at the Hilton Tokyo so this was a disappointment in Osaka. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant (Checkers) on the second floor was great, super selection and choices. There are many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The stay was ok yet I am not sure I would recommend this hotel as there seem to be other options in this area.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We took the airport limousine from Kansai airport directly to the hotel right across the street from the Hilton. It was such an easy way to get to and from the airport and when we arrived, staff were pleasant and helpful. Our room was average in size for a Japanese hotel. The bathroom was rather dated and needed to be a tad brighter. The location was superb. The hotel is close to so many malls and department stores, restaurants and Osaka train station is right across the street. Dining options are aplenty, at any time of day. The hotel breakfast buffet was part of our Hilton honours privilege and it was reasonably good. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will stay there again whenever we are in Osaka.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your laudatory comments on our hotel and its services.
We receive many good comments about how convenient our location is, and we are proud to say it is our very strong unique sales point.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband left his money belt inside our room, but didnt realized it was missing till we checked in at the hilton in Tokyo, where the asst. front office supervisor informed us that Hilton Osaka advised them about it. Hilton Osaka sent the money belt with the contents intact by courier. Reached us the folowing night.
the rooms were large. The hotel was just across the train station, walking distance to 3 department stores, and a Catholic Church. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and the services provided.
Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experience.
The team and I are looking forward to learn that you will be returning to Osaka.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed in an exec suite for 3 nights in April - and loved it. The staff were very caring, the rooms were super-clean and we had great views from our rooms and the exec lounge. Concierge very helpful on where to go, how to get there etc.

Good free wifi in exec lounge - but not in rooms which was a nuisance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view towards the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your loyal patronage to the HIlton Osaka. Also, I would like to thank you for having availed your time to provide your constructive feedback, particularly in reference to the Executive Lounge and room quality.
I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay.
Your kind recognition of our service delivery is certainly gratifying and we have shared this with the staff.
This will no doubt motivate them to provide an even more superior service.
Thank you anew, and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Osaka next.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my a week business in Osaka and found this is a first choice business hotel in city .My room was very luxury with full business option facilities and very comfy big bed ,great cleaning services .I had got extremely care from all staff with friendly and helpful atmosphere here that let my staying gone very fast . I would stay at this hotel for my next business !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your laudatory comments, particularly in reference to room quality, services and products.
Our hotel has received the 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to establishments that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. Our staff takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've been to Osaka a few times on business and have not wanted to stay in the city to sight see, with Kyoto and Nara so near by. This last trip however, I only had one free day and it was raining, so I decided to grab my umbrella and see what the city was like. The Hilton is right across the street from Osaka train station, very convenient if you are traveling by rail. There is a world class subway system with a station the Hilton.

I decided to walk toward the large green park on the map, Osakajokoen (Osaka castle park), and eat and drink as I got hungry or thirsty as I went. Crowded, busy, rainy - it took a little while before I began to enjoy it, but I am glad I walked! There are a string of small islands in the river running between the hotel and the park, and there was a rose festival going on, with hundreds of large roses in bloom. The castle park was incredible - the rain and misty, foggy air added to the experience. I did this pencil sketch sitting under a giant tree during a short break in the rain. On the walk back to the hotel, I came across several school choral groups, singing beautifully in the early evening under bridges, competing with the sound of the rain.

The Hilton is large and impersonal at first, but the rooms are large, clean, and quiet. The staff is wonderful, friendly and courteous. There are hundreds of great restaurants all around the hotel and station. I have only scratched the surface of Osaka and this hotel is a great home base is you want a conveniently located western hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jonbsan
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location opposite the refurbished and extended JR Osaka Station, We are delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location opposite the refurbished and extended JR Osaka Station, with a myriad of new department stores and other retail offerings, in addition to the largest underground shopping mall of Japan.