“Great hotel, convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Osaka

Hilton Osaka
Ranked #17 of 298 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Sydney
“Great hotel, convenient location”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Hilton in a King Deluxe room.
Checkin was smooth and the staff were super helpful - taking our bags as we entered and making sure they got to our rooms when they were ready. The room itself was enormous!

Concierge was knowledgable about the area and was able to recommend hotels and services.
Location is very convenient, right across the road from Osaka station, and within walking distance of restaurants and nightlife.

The only complaint was that there was a bit of a rigmarole regarding the use of the pool. All of the signs were written in Japanese and the protocol was not explained in person (e.g all people must use a swimming cap).

Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Osaka as your preferred hotel for your recent trip to Japan, and taking time to write laudatory comments.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location opposite the refurbished and extended JR Osaka Station, with a myriad of new department stores and other retail offerings, in addition to the largest underground shopping mall of Japan.
I thank you for having availed your time to provide your constructive feedback and we look forward welcoming you back on your future travels to Osaka.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at Hilton, Osaka for 4 nights in end July. My daughter received a small gift from Concierge during our check in which is impressive and we thought that we made a right choice to stay at this hotel but...

Overall the hotel is just okay. The reception is spacious but old. The room is cleaned and well maintained. However the design in public areas and the room which we stayed are a bit outdated. There is no master switch at the entry so I need to go back to the bedside control to turn off all the lights before leave the room. The sliding wooded panels at window did not achieve a 100% blackout. We are surprising that the bathroom is very 'plastic' . Plastic wall and floor tiles, corian vanity counter (not marble) which did not reflect luxuriance of an international 5-star brand hotel. The size and the component of the bathroom were almost exaclty the same as a local hotel that we stayed in Kansai airport. When we entered the bathroom, we could easily feel the floor was crooked. I think there is gap between the 'plastic' floor and the floor below. I stayed at other international branded hotels like Mandarin Oriental Tokyo and Grand Hyatt, Hilton Osaka is the worse among three.

Another unpleasure experience is that we bought a melon at a department store. We couldn't find any knife or forks in the room so we called the housekeeping to provide a knife and forks. I was so surprise to hear that I need to pay for this services!!!! I thought it may be some sort of misunderstanding. So I explained to the housekeeping staff again slowly that we were not going to keep or buy the knife but just borrow it for one night and would definitely return to the hotel after use. However she insisted on charging it to our bill and then she hanged up. After 45 minutes no one showed up to help us so I called Housekeeping and assistant manager twice but no one answered my calls. I called Front desk then a bell captain picked up the phone and he said he will ask the housekeeping to deliver the knife and forks to our room. After another 15 minutes, finally a lady delivered the knife and forks to my room. It took us more than one hours plus 6+ calls to get one knife and three forks which is not acceptable for an international brand hotel!!!!!!

I would say Front desk and Concierge is excellent but housekeeping is disappointing. The second night when we returned to the room, we discovered that the bathgel and shampoo were not refilled and tidy up in a way which it should be!!! Because of an unpleasure experience with housekeeping one day before we are too upset to call for service again. But the shampoo and bathgel were refilled on the third and the fourth days.

We are planning to return to Osaka next year but not sure if we will stay at Hilton again. With this price we can have better choice in Osaka!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Panda_A_2013
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Hilton Osaka Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive comments. Feedback from our guests enables us to continuously improve our operation and guest services.

Please accept our sincerest apology for your unfortunate experience with our housekeeping services. Your experience was not a reflection of the many efforts we make daily to ensure the well being of our guests and rest assured that we have addressed your concerns to avoid future repetition. Hilton Osaka is in the process to redecorate our guest rooms over an extended period of time and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that your comments were not made in vain, when your travels include Osaka in the future.

Your valuable feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Osaka on your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Herman Ehrlich - General Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had stayed for 5 nights on 2012. Room was decent neat & clean. Every night, there would be a message card telling us the temperature for the following day, with the Housekeeping staff signature who tried to clean up for the room for us. Food was good and overall the Hotel staff were very polite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and the services provided.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am a HH Diamond member, and have very high standards for Hilton hotels. I had one night in Osaka a few weeks ago, and was very happy with my stay there.

When I arrived, someone immediately helped me with my luggage. They insisted on taking it up to my room with me, which was very kind. The check-in was very quick and efficient. They gave me a complimentary upgrade, and invited me to use the executive lounge.

When I arrived, it was evening, and there was not much food in the lounge. The concierge was great in suggesting nearby restaurants and providing maps and directions to wherever I wanted to go. They even called a restaurant for me to ensure that it would be open late.

I had a great night's sleep. The next morning, I had a delicious breakfast in the executive lounge. Considering it was complimentary, I was surprised by the large selection. There was both traditional Japanese breakfast items as well as standard Western style items. The view was great, and the staff was very helpful.

I requested a late check-out and that was not a problem. Again, the concierge was great, and gave me detailed directions to stores so I could find everything that I wanted to get before I left.

The location was very convenient. I took a bus to the hotel straight from the airport. The hotel is just across the street from Osaka Station, with access to a large train/subway network. There are also several department stores and many restaurants a few streets away. On my way back to the airport, I walked a few minutes to catch the bus.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and would stay here again myself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank a_traveling_penguin
Hotel R, Herman Ehrlich - General Manager at Hilton Osaka, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay.
Your kind recognition of our service delivery is certainly gratifying and we have shared this with the staff.
This will no doubt motivate them to provide an even more superior service.
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Concierge and bell service staff are excellent and helpful. Polite, pleasant, and tried best to provide information that I needed. Yet, the front desk, swimming pool staff are polite, but not very passionate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them. For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Thanks anew and we look forward welcoming you back on your future travels to Osaka.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just next to Osaka Station and well connected with shopping malls and train/railway network. Easily go everywhere. Nothing to worry about Security and qualtiy services are provided without doubt as well. Recommended to everyone with reasonable budget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We highly appreciate your comments about our convenient location, which is opposite the refurbished and extended JR Osaka Station.
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is one of the most convinient hotel in Osaka, and probably one of the top address there (before Intercontinental was opened at least). Just opposite to the JR Osaka, and with 3 department stores plus the new Osaka Grand Front, one cannot complain about its location. The reception is also very nice with big and spacious lobby. The staff, as mentioned all share the Japanese definition of service and hospitality.
The rooms are in need of some minor touch up and you really cannot compare with newer hotels. The breakfast is OK but I didnt have chance to taste other outlets in the hotel.

Room Tip: Note there are 2 airports in Osaka - Kansai for mostly international traffice, Itami for local traff...