“mediocre room”

Ranked #52 of 303 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Berlin, Germany
“mediocre room”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its location (directly in the train station). Had a standard single room which cost a little over 10,000 Yen. It was very small and felt uncomfortably cramped. The window looked out to the courtyard -- so no view, even though it was on a high floor. On the plus side, everything was clean and there was an (English language) morning paper. If you want to stay at this hotel, I would maybe try the renovated rooms instead, which sound nice from what reviewers said here, but are of course more expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Granvia Osaka several times already. I found the hotel strategically located at Osaka Station which I can use for the base for my travel in Japan. It is a fully service international hotel which has all facilities I need. The newly renovated rooms are nice and large enough for two. The view from the hotel is wonderful overlooking the Osaka downtown area. The staffs are very polite and responsive to my needs. Very convenient when I bring the kids since it is located at the train station especially after spending the whole day at Universal Studios. Definitely I will come again to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikuracing
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the newly renovated Granvia floor on the 27th , the bed ,bathroom and size was just perfect for me. It has a lounge that serves tea coffee and juices and staffs to friendly staffs to help with my traveling plan. I would recommend it to anyone who do not want a cramp up place you usually find in Japan. It is on top of the JR train station, conveniently located if you going visit other nearby cities like Kyoto, kobe or Nara. Hundreds of eating places or shops within walking distance, can spend week here to explore the city. Will stay here again .

Room Tip: Only rooms at the Granvia floor are of high standard , the regular rooms are like any other Japanese...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PrettyTrish
HK
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rooms in Japan hotel are generally small. Freja rooms in this hotel has nice big bathroom. The room is small but with very nice modern designs, quite refreshing. Couch in the room is quite comfortable and you can watch TV or oversee the window. Free wiif is offered but wifi in the room can be unstable depending on the locatin of the room. Staffs are very friendly and efficient. small cakes such as strawberrry cake in the 1F cafe are quite delicious, should definately grab a piece.

Room Tip: if you want better wifi condition, request a room nearby the elevator. Freja room is a specific type...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was traveling with my husband to Osaka and Kyoto for 6D5N. We booked this hotel mainly due to its location which strategically located in Osaka Station itself. The station is huge and accessible to any of the train and subways. We had a semi double room with no view during our stay. The room is small but still tidy and clean. The bath room is very small and hardly squeeze in 2 adults. In room service was surprisingly delicious, and we ordered in room service for 2 nights during our stay in Osaka. Hotel staffs are generally polite, helpful and english speaking. We travelled to Kyoto for 3 days but still stay in this hotel. The rapid service from Osaka station to Kyoto is very convenient and frequent, the trip took around 15 - 20 minutes to reach Kyoto and vice versa. Overall, I felt this hotel is more suitable for rush trip or business trip due to its location, which is the only plus point for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicoleLK
melbourne
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel's location is great, next to the Osaka Railway Station and the city centre. The room was fairly small, and had possibly been newly refurbished with simple, modern appointments and was clean and quiet. There was a great view of city lights at night.The bathroom was also small and clean and the fittings looked new. On the down side, the bed was a bit hard for my liking, and there was no safe.

Breakfast was served in large and pleasant surroundings with a high glass atrium-like ceiling.There was a choice of Japanese or Western breakfast. the latter had good variety, including fresh fruit. The finishing time of 9am would not suit many people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed in Granvia for 5 nights with a break to the Arima Onsen. All went well until I started packing the last night and found that a bag of souvenirs was missing. The souvenirs included towels and noodles bought from Nara.

I went to the front desk and told one of the receptionists right away. Unfortunately, he didn't offer any help after saying no bag was reported to be found. I was really annoyed at that point. Should a hotel try to find a lost item for a customer especially if it was missing in the hotel room while the customers were going out? Seeing me not moving away from the front desk, the receptionist finally asked me to stay in the room to wait if the hotel could find the bag.

After waiting in the room for some time, my friend went down to the front desk and asked again. It seemed nobody in the front desk knew about my reporting of lost item. She then asked for the manager and made a former complain. After half an hour or so, the manager and the receptionist came to our room with my bag of souvenirs. The manager told me the bag was found in the house keeping room. When I asked why it was there, he just kept saying it was a misunderstanding and sorry.

Though I got my souvenirs back at the end, I must say I was rather shocked since it never happened to me that my belongings placing in a Japanese hotel would be missing. How come the customers' belongings would be moved to the house keeping room without informing the customers for any sort of misunderstanding? I don't want to waste time to think further about it but maybe you should take this into consideration when planning to book this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chan882013

Travelers are raving about these Osaka hotels