“Was ok”

ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka
Ranked #31 of 351 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We could not do an early check-in despite request for this much earlier. The hotel is about a 10 minutes walk away from Osaka station, or you can always rely on the shuttle service as well. The room size was a bit tight for a twin share but I guess that's to be expected. Cleanliness is top notch. Bedding is comfortable and you can request for different pillows. I was a bit surprised that there were no complimentary bottles of water though.

Overall, it's ok, but I will look for a hotel in a more convenient location the next time I am in Osaka to minimise the walking or reliance on the shuttle bus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alfred L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Alfred L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff is kind and efficient .the cosierge provides You with maps and all the information You need. It's close to the subway for the shopping area namba and the Jr station if You want to go to kyoto.Starbucks is close too.If it rains they give You umbrellas.the rooms are superbly clean. A lot of toiletery and a special pillow.the toilet seat gets even warm...unbelieveable !

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank brpadali
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been coming to Osaka several times a year for business and pleasure. i've tried numerous hotels in the city, and I can tell you that this is one of the best hotels in terms of location, room size & quality and value in the city.

But it's the service that sets this hotel apart. They really do try to be as helpful as possible. And this is gladly provided in a quiet, reserved way that sets Japanese customer service apart from other countries'. On my most recent visit, when booking the hotel online, it showed full. I took a chance and called the ANA Crowne Plaza directly, and was delighted when they were able to find a room!

I got there expecting to be in the broom-closet, but not a bit of it; the room was just as good as I'd remembered; refurbished, and spacious. Great choice of breakfasts too, by the way - both western and Asian.

I'll be back!

Room Tip: You can walk to this hotel from JR Umeda in less than 10 minutes. And they have a courtesy bus too...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank garethrice
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We spend one night here on our way to Hiroshima and Miyajima and i was deeply impressed. It looks luxurious from the outside, but inside it's even better; beautiful room, nice bathroom and an amazing view of the Osaka skyline.

Breakfast was a bit of a downer as you had to more or less choose wether or not you want a LT of food or a LITTLE and i am usually in between (paid separately).

for cleanliness it gets one point less as i found a hair in my bed and i think that is disgusting. Other than that, good value for money!

Room Tip: If you want awesome skyline pics, ask for a room at the front and high up.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lennart A
concie6130, お客様担当マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent trip to Osaka.

We apologize that you felt discomfort while you stayed here.
Taking your ratings into our serious consideration, we are taking a further step ahead of us to establish a great hotel which provides our guests even higher level of comfort and satisfaction.

We are looking very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

As I walked through the glass doors to the lobby of the ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka, I was greeted by a young man wearing a huge smile. Believe me, after a very long day of traveling (from California) that smile was like a hug from my Mom. And before I could even acknowledge him he was grabbing my bags out of my hands and off of my shoulders! He motioned me to the front desk - and then he disappeared! LOL
Less than five minutes later I was all checked-in...and the young man with my luggage re-appeared to show me to my room. From that point I knew I was going to be thrilled with the service at the Crowne Plaza.

After settling in my room I found that my TSA lock had been smashed in transit and there was no way for me to get into my luggage. I was not a happy camper. Like I said, I'd been traveling all day and I just wanted to get to my things. I called down to the front desk to ask if anyone could help me. Two minutes later the same guy showed up with bolt cutters and got that damn lock off. I swear, that guy was like my personal "do everything dude!"

My room was immaculate from my first day there to my last. And the room was very spacious by Japanese and European standards. I liked, too, that it had a window that I could look out of (many Japanese hotel rooms do not). Each day I was left a copy of the International newspaper. My favorite thing, though, were the warm eye pillows that were a part of their "Good Night's Sleep" campaign. I confess that I took a couple of them with me when I checked out.

The hotel is conveniently located near the metro station and is a 15-minute walk to Osaka Station. There are tons of great restaurants nearby and all of the major department stores are located next to Osaka Station.

I would highly recommend that you book your room at the ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka! The service was par excellence!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank LisaO22
concie6130, お客様担当マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent trip to Osaka.
I hope you have enjoyed the hotel and the city.

I have conveyed your kind words to the staff who actually helped you with your suitcase and he was very much encouraged with your comments.
In order to see more happy faces in our hotel, we will strive to improve our service and your comments help us to achieve this goal.

I appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope business or pleasure will bring you back to Osaka in the near future.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you again at ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 4 very comfortable nights here, and would recommend it highly. It is in a very convenient location and we used it as a base from which to do day trips to Nara and Kyoto as well.

Our standard twin room on the 12th floor had a nice view of the city, and while a little on the small side, was very comfortable with the most comfortable beds we slept on during our entire stay in Japan. The usual amenities were supplied and replaced daily. I made use daily of the tea and instant coffee supplied (along with the water hot pot) and the prices of the mini bar were reasonable.

We had no problem with the wifi and the TV has a good selection of channels, including a couple of English ones.

We had one dinner and all of our breakfasts in the hotel buffet restaurant. Always a very good variety of both Japanese and Western food available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank momsays
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just stayed there for 4 nights, and the service was excellent.
Rooms are perfect size wise, and the breakfast has pleanty of choices with outstanding quality.
Location is perfect and the courtesy shuttle to the station is very convenient.
Price is excelent for the provided service and confort.
I will surely be back.
All the best from Portugal.
Carlos