The Westin Osaka
$133
$124
Rakuten Travel
1,358 results
All reviewsshuttle busthe umeda sky buildingheavenly bedamadeus restaurantcorner suitethe executive loungeshuttle serviceumeda stationjapanese servicebreakfast buffetjapanese standardsstayed two nightsan upgradeinternet accessspacious roomminute walkrooms are big
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and Westin is my hotel of choice. My biggest issue with this hotel is the lack of wireless internet. Really?... a business hotel..in Osaka Japan...in 2013, that does not have wireless internet? Otherwise this is a "normal Westin" hotel, good breakfast buffet, clean rooms, great beds, good service etc. etc...all of the reasons I prefer Westin's!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt-Jode
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your choosing the Westin Osaka for your last stay.

Also, thank you for your valuable comment, regarding to the wireless internet.

We are plannig to improve our internet access atmosphere in the near future then, you kind patience would be appreciated.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Osaka again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Staff- excellent, views- amazing, furnishing in room- carefully considered, room size- decadent = magical stay. Prior to my night at the Westin, I spent 3 weeks in Osaka sleeping on a 1/2inch thick futon, after arriving at the Westin, there were tears of joy sinking into that comfortable, pillowy bed. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Osaka.

Stayed: July 2013
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your choosing the Westin Osaka for your last vist to Osaka.

And also, thank you for your valuable comment.
We are more than happy to hear about your satisfaction.

We would try to improve our service and facility consecutively then, your continued patronage would be much appreciated.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the Westin Osaka in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am giving them five stars purely on their customer service. We arrived three days ago and discovered our travel agent had booked us in on the wrong dates. Instead of telling us "so sorry, cannot help you," the customer service manager spent an hour calling hotels until he found one Thant met our requirements - traveling with an infant. Not only where they extremely helpful, but the staff looked genuinely concerned that this would incident would detract from our trip. They even got us a cab to our new hotel and provided us a welcome pack. I was delighted and somewhat humbled by this very high standard of care for a service I did not pay for nor they have to give. Well done, Westin!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your staying at the Westin Osaka for your last vist to Osaka.

Also, thank you for your valuable comment.
We are more than happy to hear about your satisfaction.

We would try to improve our service and facility consecutively then, your cointinued patronage would be very much appreciated.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Travelled here with my husband and 2 teenagers. The service staff was fantastic and left nothing to be desired. The rooms were a good size. Based on the price of the dinner and breakfast buffet you can do better elsewhere. I think that the only draw back is that this hotel is fairly isolated with not much around it. Shuttle gets you to the subway station quickly though.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your staying at the Westin Osaka.

Also, thank you very much for your valuable comment.
We would share your comment among our staff.

As you mentioned, our hotel is located slightly far from the city center, however, it has been improved as the development of northern area of the Osaka Station continued.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for six nights in October 2013. My overall experience was average. Here are the positives and negatives from my point of view:

positive:
- Rooms are quite large, and generally have a good and unobstructed view of the city (this may not be true for rooms on lower floors which face the Umeda Sky Building)
- Bathrooms also quite large and well appointed
- Staff in general were efficient, polite, helpful, and professional.
- The lobby and public areas were clean and nice looking
- Given the size and appointments of the rooms, I felt it was a fair value for the price.
- The free newspaper in the morning was a nice touch

negative:
- The main negative is location. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes by foot from the center of Osaka Station. The quickest way to get there is via the underground passageway, which leads you to the northern periphery of the station. Going around the south way takes longer, and you have to cross at least one very busy street. The nearest train station, Fukushima, is about 10 minutes by foot. There are few shops or restaurants in the immediate area.
- I was initially shown two rooms which looked in need of renovation. The first was a smoking room, which I asked to change since I had requested no smoking. The second room was non smoking, but it had a stale/mildew smell to it. Both rooms had older, worn furnishing, worn carpet, etc. The room I finally got was fine, modern, clean, and comfortable. So I assume that some of the rooms here have not been renovated.

If I returned to Osaka, I would probably try a different hotel. But if somebody put me up there, or they had a discount rate, I would stay at the Westin Osaka and be content.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a renovated room. The building has very good views, so high floors should be nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your choosing the Westin Osaka for your last visit to Osaka.

Also, thank you for your valuable comment.

As you mentioned, our hotel is located little far from the city center, however, it has been improved as the northern area of the Osaka Station is under development as you may have seen that there are already 4 brand- new buildings in this area.

We also would continue to improve our service and facility then, we would appreciate your continued patronage of the Westin Osaka.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the Westin Osaka in the near future.