The rooms(classic room) are a little on the small side but adequate. Bathrooms are also a little on the tight side with enough room no more than one person, but do include the faboluos high tech Japanese toilets(heated seats, push button bidet, etc). Rooms are equipped with nice flat screen tv's, ample and fairly priced mini bar, flashlights for emergencies(which was odd to me but I guess with frequent earthquakes it's just a saftey measure), in room safe, nice toiletries(toothbrushes, razors, combs), pajamas. Carpet was very worn for a hotel in this class and beds were small and way beyond firm for my taste(enocountered this before in Asian hotels, no big deal). Pillows were nice and fluffy. The location steals the show at this place. Located within walking distance to too many restaurants, bars, 24 hour convenience stores and other shopping/entertainment options to mention in Namba and Dontombori. Other side of the hotel features a touristy mall(Namba Parks) and a far less touristy electronic distric. Being a rather large building(with huge Swissotel sign) makes it easy to find even when you get lost on the back streets an alleyways of Namba. As every review has said it's located at the end of the line for the Kansai Airport train, but it also sits atop numerous subway lines which make it conveniet for exploring all of Osaka. The Midosuji line is particularly useful when doing day trips to Kyoto as you take a short ride to Umeda than on to the Kyoto line(about 50 minutes total traveling time). Midosuji as stops at Shin Osaka for all shinkansen(bullet train) accesible cities. We used it for a day trip to Hiroshima/Miyajima and for our departure to Tokyo(staff have pre-printed notes on what tickets to buy abd what stops to take for these days trips at the luggage counter). The staff is amazingly helpful and bended over backwards for all our needs and questions. The restaurants in the hotel seemed unreasonably pricey but looked very good, with so many cheap(not to mention as good or better than the hotel) options i the area I was never even tempted to eat there. Bar/lounge closes very early, 9:30 on the weekdays and like 10:00 on weekends. Overall, I'd highly, highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka is a five-star luxury hotel ideally located in the heart of Namba, Osaka’s most exciting entertainment, shopping and dining district. The hotel sits above Namba station and is the only Osaka hotel that offers a direct link to Kansai International Airport with the Rapid Express Train taking just 30 minutes door-to-door. The nearby subway serves as a convenient mode of transportation to many of the popular tourist destinations such as Kyoto, the ancient capital of Nara and the picturesque Kobe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Rakuten, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Swissotel Nankai Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka Hotel Osaka
- Swissotel Nankai Hotel Osaka
- Osaka Swissotel Nankai Hotel