“Nice hotel with great location and view”

Swissotel Nankai Osaka
Ranked #9 of 298 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Macau
“Nice hotel with great location and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great location and view! However, its a bit confused if you travel by subway. There are only small line mentioning whereabout the hotel located. A bigger sign could be useful for first timer. Other than that, that's one of the biggest room I stayed in Japan with that price range.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Ch_Schaufelbuhl, General Manager at Swissotel Nankai Osaka, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Swissôtel Nankai Osaka, especially the perfect location and the impressive city view offered from our rooms. Also, we are pleased to inform you that we are currently in the discussion to improve the ground floor of our hotel from the train station. The entire area will be renovated until 2015 which will include easy-to-follow signage and directions. Looking forward to your return visit in Osaka!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

It is situated Just above Nambi station. A very convenient hotel in the centre of Nambi and everything was just in a walking distance.

Hotel room was large in Japanese hotel standard. The view were good.

We will stay in this hotel again if we visit Osaka next time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the positive review regarding your recent stay at Swissôtel Nankai Osaka, and for taking the time to share it with other Trip Advisor travelers! The convenient location of our hotel allows our guests the opportunity to fully explore the Namba area and take advantage of all the wonderful dining, shopping and others attractions that make our city so great. We are also glad that you found our room large and the city view good. We are looking forward to your next visit in Osaka and thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nankai as your Home away from Home.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Everyone was so helpfully...they even go to the extend to check online for our enquiry.
They is one staff by the name of Nakao, she is so helpfully. The room was up to date and they change the bed cover everyday and refill the toiletry. The best part is the location, because the Namba station is right below and the subways connects to entire place in Osaka.Lastly place to eat for is everywhere from traditional to fastfoods..

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying at Swissôtel Nankai Osaka and for having taken the time to leave your impressions on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our services and were able to take advantage of our hotel location, directly on top of the Namba Train and Subway Station which makes it the perfect home base to visit all various fantastic places around Osaka. We also appreciate your recognition on our guest service colleague and housekeeping team and I will be happy to pass them your compliments. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Together with my husband, we stayed at this hotel for 5Days 4 nights.

Check in took less than 5 minutes. Front desk was professional, efficient and yet still warm and sincere. I checked in before my husband who was arriving from Fukuoka so I left details for him to be able to go to the room while I left the hotel. They asked for his identification and everything was fuss free.

The team at the Concierge were great! They knew most of the places that I wanted to visit and gave me clear directions on how to get there! Those they were unfamiliar with they were able to Google and answer me within 2 minutes max. I appreciated how patient they were in answering all my queries. It takes skills to explain the different subways, trains and express lines! I witnessed a local who was upset at some matter and was raising his voice. I don't need to understand what they were talking about but I commend her patience and how she carried herself with this guest. When they were done, she was clearly tired but attended to me with a warm smile and the same level of service that I appreciated the day before.

It took me awhile before I got my bearings as there were different possible exits from the hotel. One floor down via escalator from the lobby leads you to Takashimaya (left side) while turning right and down the escalator leads you to the train station. Going down the lifts (different form the ones leading to the rooms) to the ground floor you can turn left which leads you to Namba Park or right which leads you to a different level of the train station.

We tried the Pillow menu. It was quite interesting but ended up with what was provided when we went in the room.

Housekeeping were friendly and very efficient. We requested for different items throughout the stay ( ice, weighing scale, tape etc) and they were all attended to within 5-10 minutes. They noticed that I was folding all the plastic shopping bags and putting it in one paper bag. They actually folded the other ones that I didn't fold.

Check out was just as easy as we checked in. Front desk asked if we needed assistance and made sure we knew our way to the station.

I am certain that we will stay in this hotel again on our next trip to Osaka. I initially chose this hotel due to its location. Next time I come back will not just be about the location but definitely for the service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Dear Guest, Thank you for your remarkable review shared here on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Swissôtel Nankai Osaka. We are thrilled to read that you have fully appreciated all the aspects of your visit and it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts to provide excellent service and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared accordingly with our team members and will be certainly a true source of motivation for them. We will keep on continuously pursuit excellence in everything we do and we look forward to welcome you back many times in Osaka.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at Swissotel Nankai Osaka. Its location is a major advantage - just above a train station with direct trains to Kansai Airport. Lots of restaurants and department stores are nearby and it is walking distance to Shinsaibashi.

I stayed at the newly refurbished SwissAdvantage room with free internet which is a very nice amenity to have. The bed was comfortable and the room was well designed, despite a bit small as in most Japanese hotels. Breakfast is offered at the restaurant on the top floor, with a decent selection of Japanese and western options. The staff was helpful in pointing out directions to attractions.

I will very likely come back to this hotel for my next trip to Osaka.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank exe_ck
Ch_Schaufelbuhl, General Manager at Swissotel Nankai Osaka, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you very much for making Swissôtel Nankai your home away from home again in Osaka and for your kind review. We are very happy to read, that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our newly renovated Swiss Advantage room which comes with many additional amenities like free WIFI in the entire hotel, in room Nespresso coffee machine as well free access to our gym. We are as well happy to hear, that you have enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet on the top floor restaurant with a nice view over Osaka. Hopefully you will be able to visit Osaka again and that you then as well will stay with Swissôtel Nankai again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We just checked in today. Will be staying here for 3 nights. Checking out on 17 September 2013. We booked through a travel agency. We have two rooms and made booking way in advance for two beds. We are dissapointed we were given two rooms with queen bed each. I have to shared the bed with my friend. The reception said booking tru Travel agency has no right for queen room. Hotel is full today and nothing they could do. I have to squeeze in the queen bed with my friend. No service recovery? Room is very small and outdated interior. Apart from location, I would not recommend.

I don't know how am i going to sleep tonight. ):

From
Tired guest.

1 Thank FionaG131
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your feedback while you were staying at Swissotel Nankai Osaka. We sincerely apologizing for the wrong information we have received from your travel agent and that we were not able to rectify your request immediately after check in due to the non availability of rooms with two beds at that day. We sincerely hope that after solving the issue with the bed you were able to enjoy your stay with us and you may like to make a booking directly with the hotel to avoid disappointment in the future. Thank you very much for taking the time to share this comment with us and we hope that you had a safe journey back home.
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I used to know this hotel with comfortable rooms and bathrooms where you can move. Unfortunately to room i wich a reside feels more like a shoebox i wich you can barely move unless you are not higher as 1 m60 :-) .
I dont find this worth the standard of a five star hotel and even of the rooms are renovated i miss the old ones !!!!

1 Thank Genieterke188644
Dear Guest, thank you very much for booking Swissôtel Nankai for your stay in Osaka and for your feedback. As we have different room categories which vary in price due to the size of the room, we apologize that we were not able to upgrade your room to a bigger size during your last stay. Hopefully we can welcome you back again to Swissôtel Nankai during your next visit in Osaka.