Hotel New Otani Osaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$191
$153
$117
$153
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
$124
$184
$98
Agoda.com
1,321 results
All reviewscastle viewsurrounding parktennis courtsoutdoor poolnice hoteltrain stationjr loopbusiness districtquiet locationjunior suitebusiness tripjapanese hospitalityminute walkrooms are spacioushotel is locatedfour nightshigher floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Was here on my own for a few days stay. Very professional front desk, was escorted to my spacious and clean room. Breakfast was good and all the staff was extremely polite and nice. Fairly good location next to the Osaka Castle and a few min walk to the nearest subway station. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank roxythestar
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have been to Osaka a few times before but stayed in this hotel for the first time!! The size of the rooms is big compared to other hotels I have stayed. The hotel is centrally located and at a very reasonable price for business travel. The hotel has luxury feel at business price :). I don't think I will stay anywhere else from now onwards. I always take room without breakfast cost included as i am lazy to go down in the morning............ if any of you do take this option and order breakfast don't forget to order the hot croissants ... they serve it with butter and honey on the side. oh man oh man some of the best croissants i have eaten in my life they are amazing.....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Atq66
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Me and my dad stayed a while ago to attend a medical conference in Osaka. The hotel exceeded all expectations. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms, breakfast was superb, big choice of continental and cooked items. The castle is located a short walk away and very close to the tube station. Also visit the bar on the top floor, the view is lovely. We had a very pleasant stay, thank you.

Room Tip: Get a castle view
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ezusinka
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We had a wonderful time here - got a great rate on line (but then blew the budget in the Teppan-yaki restaurant) Excellent service, lovely place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drsharonleed
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed here for four nights. Its a typical old style Japanese hotel. Walls and ceilings are thin, hence its not easy to get restful sleep if people around you are active late at night. The gym equipment is old and partially too small for tall people like me, and they charge extra for using the gym. I expected all this so that didn't bother me. What I do expect from a old style hotel (like the Okura in Tokyo for example) though is outstanding service and very attentive staff.

While most staff was okay, the front desk personnel quality was shocking. I have lived in Japan for more than 10 years and speak the language and I know what to expect from hotel staff. Normally hotel personnel here is very friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and help you. None of this at the New Otani Osaka. Not only was their zero willingness to try to help me (Can I extent my stay ? NO. Can you help me find another hotel I can move to ? NO. Can I check out at 12:15 rather than 12 ? NO. ) It was also the way they talked to me that I found disturbing, very cold and very unfriendly. Everything they said had "I dont give a [--]" written all over it. They would never get away with this behavior towards a Japanese customer, never. I was extremely offended that I was not given the same courtesy that Japanese customers get, just because I am a foreigner. I will not stay here again, and I cannot recommend this place to foreigners who are used to the normally very high level of Japanese hospitality. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business