“Great guide for Kyoto”

and up
Osaka Food Walking Tour with Market Visit
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in Osaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore modern Osaka,its traditional back streets and food. We'll show you what makes Osaka shine! Please see our web site for the details! We Love Osaka tour 3 hour Tour,every Tue,Thu and Sat.(except Aug, 27 Dec to 5 Jan)Meeting place:Osaka Visitors' Information Center Umeda in JR Osaka station ground floor, Meeting time:9:50 AM, No reservation needed. Tour fee adults ¥3000(plus subway fee ¥420)students¥2000 (plus subway fee¥420)children¥1000 (plus subway fee ¥210)Wonder Osaka Tour(6 hour tour,reservation required)Tour fee:From 10000yen per person up to the number of travelers. Chinese,Korean and French guides can be arranged. Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe Private Tours are available. Please contact us!
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Minako was our guide for two days in Kyoto. She showed us so much of Kyoto but also the culture and the people of Japan. She set up an itinerary that showed us so much in two days. She also taught us how to use the Japanese metro and train systems. Thanks to Minako we will never forget our first visit to Japan.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful time with Minako yesterday on the Osaka Foodies Tour. The tour was incredibly intimate, personalized, and well organized. I would highly recommend All Star Osaka Walk to anyone who enjoys behind-the-scenes tours with a knowledgable local resident. We met with many local artisans, sampled fresh home-made cuisine, enjoyed many famous local favorites and learned much about the city of Osaka. We had an amazing time. Thank you so much!

1  Thank anisemurphy
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did the 6 hour tour with Minako on my very first day in Japan. I was feeling slightly overwhelmed especially not speaking any Japanese so it was great to have a guide to show me around and explain things. I learned so much about Japan, it's history, and it's culture from Minako. By the end of the tour I think I knew more than my husband who has traveled to Japan 10+ times! Osaka castle was beautiful and cool to see but I had no idea that it was a reconstruction built in the early 1900's. We also walked through several neighborhoods and markets that were very interesting to see and I probably never would have found on my own. Had an awesome lunch (kushikatsu?) and tried an Osaka specialty - octopus dumplings (they were good!).At the end of the tour I needed to catch a train to Himeji but was very intimidated by the train system so Minako helped me purchase my ticket, walked me to my train, put me on it, and then waited and waved as it pulled away. Such amazing service!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our guide Minako was delightful and brought us to many places that we probably would not have discovered on our own. The tour was a nice mix of the old and the new Osaka and it's many hidden treasures. From rooftop gardens to narrow streets. In all honesty, when we first arrived in Osaka, we did not have many expectations since it's a city that is often overshadowed by more known places like Kyoto and Tokyo. But thanks to this tour, Osaka is now easily one my favorite stops on our Japan trip. And yes, our pit stop for some tasty kushi katsu was great :) Highly recommended to anyone visiting Osaka for the first time :)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This walking tour was a real delight, thanks to Minako Ando, my very personable and knowledgeable guide. I was fortunate that morning to have her all to myself. Minako took me to three distinct localities in the city (a subway trip is necessary) showing me glimpses of the many facets of Osaka: new, old, tradition, culture, food, entertainment, shopping. She provided interesting background information, also pointing out and explaining some very small objects and details that otherwise I would have completely missed or would have missed their meaning. I was also introduced to some of the local specialities in snack foods. Travelling in Japan having no Japanese language skill, I often felt disconnected from what I was seeing but all too briefly, Minako provided me insights that gave me new dimensions and a deeper experience than I could have ever achieved by myself. A very worthwhile investment.