“Pleasant Place to Stay”

Imazato Guest House
Ranked #40 of 305 Specialty lodging in Osaka
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Imazato Guest House is a well-priced, friendly little hostel for females only. Its bare wood base is heavily decorated with Ikea pieces, which makes the place quite cheery. The futons on the bunks are comfortable enough, and there are little privacy curtains to go around each bed, which is a nice touch. There's also lockers available. A homemade [non-Western] breakfast is included in the price, along with tea. "Lights out" does not seem to be enforced, but that's not so terrible. It is good for solo travelers, as the other guests are generally friendly.

To get to the guesthouse you need to take a short walk from the subway station, but it is simple. The guesthouse is also within walking distance of Osaka Castle. Imazato is a quite nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
ゆうさん908, オーナー at Imazato Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your stay here!

And thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that it was pleasant for you.

We will try to improve some of the things you pointed out.

It is very helpful and important to hear our guest honest opinions!

Thank you again and I hope to see you in the near future!!!

Yu-san

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the imazato guest house for 6 nights. Because it was my first time to travel alone and even as far away as japan (from Germany) I was a little afraid. But after booking I already got a nice e-mail frum yuko-san with tips of how to find the guest house - I immediately felt at ease.
The guest house itself is very clean and the beds are comfortable and realy big (but not that long for western standards... but I had no trouble with 1,68cm) Yuko-san made every morning breakfast - and it was sooooo delicious.
I also made new friends! And after I said I wanted to go to Karaoke, they arranged it for me ♥♥♥ I felt so happy and it was soo much fun. Also because I spend new year in Osaka, we could experience some japanese new years tradition - yuko-san prepared special new years breakfast and everyone could write down there wishes.

So if you travel alone or not I recommend to stay in this guest house, you will make new friends, get an awesome breakfast and feel at home!!
go do it ;)

greetings from the cold Germany
Jule でした。

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JulePomPom
ゆうさん908, オーナー at Imazato Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your stay here!
We glad to say so,
And so do I!!!!!!

We holpe you have a great time every single day!

YU-san

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to Imazato by recommendation of a friend, and I'm really glad I did! It was a bit hard to find, but Yuu-san, the owner, emailed me step by step instructions (with photos!) of how to get there and I had absolutely no trouble. Yuu-san was so kind and warm, and my whole stay there felt less like a 'hotel/hostel visit' and more like a slumber party, in certain respects. Everyone staying there was under thirty and everyone was so friendly and likable. The guesthouse itself is surprisingly big, as are the beds and the rooms themselves. Everything has a nice homey feel, and in the morning Yuu-san served us breakfast that she made herself! We also had access to a communal kitchen, including mugs, a kettle, a fridge, coffee, tea, and so on. Yuu-san answered any and all questions that we had, and overall it was a great experience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
ゆうさん908, オーナー at Imazato Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your warm message!!!
I am so glad that you enjoyed staying here and I am excited to see you already.

See you soon, Yuko

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travalled alone and this is my first stay in Japan. had very pleasant staying in Imazato guest house for four nights. The owner of guesthouse, yu-san is very warm and helpful that she will greet you with her sunshine smiles every mornings and try her best to answer your queries. though most of the times i was out for sightseeing and came back at late night, there are about three things impressed me and made me feel warm about the guesthouse.

1. the breakfast. Esp love the morning time in the guesthouse, yu-san will greet you "Ohaiyo!" and prepare breakfast for you. Breakfast was prepared one by one so it was so warm and yummy with some light music. You'll feel good at the start of the day.

2. I stayed there for first 2 nights and last 2 nights in my trip, stored my luggage in the guesthouse and went to visit Kyoto and Kobe for 4 days. When I came back from Kobe, it was already late night. Yu-san left a welcome back note on my bed, the bed and towels are all set up nicely for my stay. Besides, I had to checked out 6am in the morning due to morning flight. She brought my breakfast and left note "have a safe trip" in my email. It really made me warm and it was the warmest stay in my travel days, better than the five star hotels i've ever stayed.

3. nice design and cleanliness. you can feel young and nice design in the guesthouse, esp love the japanese tatami style living room with big blackboard. the blackboard has some fun drawings and welcome guestlist. The toilets and shower rooms are clean and well-decorated with full facilities though they are in small space. Notes to remind every guest has responsibility to keep clean for next user, so the place is very clean all the time. It's somehow like a home already if you stay long term there.

Ok, tat's end of my comments. I will choose Imazato guest house again if I visit Osaka alone or with gal friends next time. Strongly recommend to female travellers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank pslaw
ゆうさん908, オーナー at Imazato Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

How was Osaka??

Hope have a good day !

And see you next time

YUKO

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The bed is big and soft. The pantry and toilets are very clean. Staff here is so warm. Miss yuko invited me to her daughter's primary school, this is the first time I participated Japanese teaching activity, so special and treasure for me!
I think I will stay here again once I visit Osaka!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank xi t
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your review!
My daughter was glad to meeting you!
And students,
I hope You will stay here again!
Thank you soooo much!

Yuko

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was there with another friend and we both enjoyed our stay at Imazato Guesthouse. The guesthouse is conveniently located and it was really easy to get around. Yu-san (Guesthouse owner) is especially bubbly and helpful and really helped our stay at Imazato really comfortable. The breakfast was yummy and what I especially liked was the privacy we each could have once we head back to our beds. I'll definitely head back to Imazato Guesthouse when I travel to Osaka again. It was such a lovely stay. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review!

I'm very glad to meet you!

I was very happy!

Hope see you next time!

YUKO

Reviewed May 29, 2012

i trip osaka alone. so i afraid a litte in new place. but i make alot of friends in imazatoguest house. very very kind people and happy memory there.
comfortable bed, tasty food, chatter time in dinner i love that.
when i ask something about osaka, people in there answer very kindly!!!!
if u r female, u consider trip osaka alone or friends .
i recommend imazato guest house!!!!!! *^0^*

Room Tip: if u choose anyone,everytihg is good.